Sig p250 or SW M&P in 9mm

Guest ORgunner

Guest ORgunner

Me and the guys are pitchin in and buying our buddy a pistol for his wedding and i am having trouble deciding on what to get. I know he has shot the Sig p226 and loved it. So what are everyones take on these two pistols? Thanks fellas

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you better check up on the p250, it has a horrendous trigger pull, pretty much exactly the same as a p226 would in DA for every shot, check youtube for a vid dry-firing it.

i would rather get the M&P9 out of those(american made). curious as to why you arent considering others?

Guest ORgunner

Well i know he has shot the Sig and the Beretta 92fs and he likes both of them. And i have showed him the M&P before and he looked interested. I would get him a glock but he hasnt shown much interest in them for some reason. So basically i ask about the P250 because i wasnt for sure how close it was compared to the p226. Not sure i got about a month or so. If you have any others that you think i should check out then please feel free to chime in, more suggestions the better.

Guest ORgunner

Yeah i have shot the XD and i liked it too, yeah i know he wants a 9mm since its cheaper to shoot. He is going to jump school two weeks after he gets married so he will have plenty of guns to shoot some day, this is just a gun to have around in the house and shoot at the range. And yeah that video turned me off too. Thanks for the input

The P250 is not akin to the 226 except they are made by the same company. It's not bad but is' just not a 226. I would highly recommend the M&P. I think in the long run he would enjoy it a lot more. Not to mention it is much easier to sale if he so desires something different down the road.

If you dont mind me asking, why do you recommend the M&P. Any advantages and disadvantages?

Mainly trigger, size, available accessories, feel, customer support, resale value, and it's a better gun all around. The 250 was designed for PD as an easy and economical way to fit as many needs as possible. The compromise they had to make was in function. The 250 isn't bad, but all things being equal I think the 250 fits some large departments needs but not the vast majority of the general public.

Guest ORgunner

Thanks Smith, yeah i think the M&P has great feel myself, and not to mention looks great. The resale value is also a great advantage. How do you match it up with XD?

Thanks Smith, yeah i think the M&P has great feel myself, and not to mention looks great. The resale value is also a great advantage. How do you match it up with XD?

I've had two XD9's and I loved them both. the difference would be the XD's are blocky and heavy feeling compared to the M&P. Triggers can be very good on both with minimal work and after market parts (sears, transfer bars mainly). The XD also has a higher bore axis which I don't care for. They are both great. Mainly it's prefernce. You can't go wrong either way.

The FNP9 is also a great gun if you like DA/SA. I loved mine but just couldn't get used to the DA pull. That being said it was one of the best stock DA pulls I've ever felt. Negatives for me on the FNP was holster availability (still slim), magazine cost ($50), and the rather large mag base pad (although I'm told there is an easy cure for that).

on the FNP9, CDNN had them for $429 when i got mine with 3 mags and the accessory kit. i don't know how current that is anymore.

I don't think they do. I checked about a month ago. There is definitely a lack of holsters for the FNP. But the magazine prices shouldn't be that big of a deal because you get 3 hi-cap (15 or 16) with the pistol. If you need more than that you should check into an assault rifle.

the m&p9 is one of the best guns you can get at any price (my opinion is not just brand loyalty, i don't even own one anymore... only because it seems glocks work better for me) and would most likely be a piece your buddy would hold on to for a long time (wish my groomsman were so kind).

Guest ORgunner

Yeah i wish i could take him but its a surprise from the guys so im trying hard to figure what he wants. Its funny bc i have to do some covert interrogating sometimes. Thanks for the input everyone, its been very helpful. I think im leaning more towards the M&P right now but we'll see how it goes.

Give him a gift certificate to the nearest range/gun shop and then take him shooting to see what he really likes. :P

Kinda the same suggestion........but give him a gift certificate for $500 from the local awsome gun shop. Have HIM buy what he wants. If it's over $500, he can pay for the rest.

Man, wish my friends were as cool as you guys seem. :D My friends wouldn't even give me .25 for a piece of gum out of a gumball machine. :D