HB1796/SB1610 Tennessee Firearms Freedom Act

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys need both a manufacturer and a dealer that doesn’t want their Federal licenses anymore; and that is willing to go to jail with you.

The state can't protect you from the Feds and wouldn’t on gun charges if they could.

I have already been to court on gun charges and I’m not going again. But I’ll come to court and support you guys. :D

Guest redbarron06
You guys need both a manufacturer and a dealer that doesn’t want their Federal licenses anymore; and that is willing to go to jail with you.

The state can't protect you from the Feds and wouldn’t on gun charges if they could.

I have already been to court on gun charges and I’m not going again. But I’ll come to court and support you guys. :D

Thanks. Can you support with your wallet?

Thanks. Can you support with your wallet?

Sure, I’ll donate to the cause.

But all kidding aside… After you put together this dream team of attorneys.. The first thing I would say that they are going to tell you is that if you lose; you are looking at going to prison. Possibly for as long as 10 years. Now, you can get on this forum and say you will run that risk; but when the time comes will you?

Guest GunTroll

Someone with deep pockets needs to step up and slap the feds face a little. From the sound of it Montana will take the torch and run with this. I just figured since TN got the law in first something would happen there. And it may still.

Someone with deep pockets needs to step up and slap the feds face a little. From the sound of it Montana will take the torch and run with this. I just figured since TN got the law in first something would happen there. And it may still.

Those folks in Montana don't walk bowlegged from riding horses.

• 6 months later...
Any updates to this? I'm tempted to write to one or more of the sponsors and ask them some questions - such as "if the Feds come to get me - what will the state of TN do to help me defend THEIR law?"

From Post 62 it passed.

Unlike other states, I don't think there is any provision in the TN law for the stae to help if the Feds charge you.

if the Feds come to get me - what will the state of TN do to help me defend THEIR law?"

That’s why it is ridiculous for anyone to consider this; there isn’t anything they can do. And it shouldn’t have to come to this. I don’t know why no one has filed a suit or whatever they need to do to test this.

I also don’t think you will find an attorney that will assist you in planning a felony and tell you he will represent you if you commit it.

Since you would be a test case, you would be taken into Federal custody and tried in Federal Courts on Federal Weapons charges. And I personally believe that you would end up in Federal prison. They might let you stay out through the several years of appeals processes, but maybe not.

To me this is a States’ Rights issue and the state should prevail. That’s the same reason that I am reasonably sure that the SCOTUS nor any other Federal agency is going to tell any state that their citizens can strap on a gun and walk down the street. But I could be wrong. :love:

That’s why it is ridiculous for anyone to consider this; there isn’t anything they can do. And it shouldn’t have to come to this. I don’t know why no one has filed a suit or whatever they need to do to test this.

I also don’t think you will find an attorney that will assist you in planning a felony and tell you he will represent you if you commit it.

Since you would be a test case, you would be taken into Federal custody and tried in Federal Courts on Federal Weapons charges. And I personally believe that you would end up in Federal prison. They might let you stay out through the several years of appeals processes, but maybe not.

To me this is a States’ Rights issue and the state should prevail. That’s the same reason that I am reasonably sure that the SCOTUS nor any other Federal agency is going to tell any state that their citizens can strap on a gun and walk down the street. But I could be wrong. :D

Well, no better time for a case to deal with this issue than right after the Anointed One slapped SCOTUS around in his supposed State of the Union Address last night. I suspect he simply entrenched the Conservative portion with his antics.

Guest faust921
heres the key quote... "can be manufactured without the inclusion of any significant parts imported"....

Its going to be hard to find one that doesnt have a significant part imported. cant think of one myself right now.

Given the amount of automotive manufacturing in the state, and the increasing number of people trained to use 3-axis machining centers, I think only the laws of supply and demand will stand in the way of domestic parts availability. Maybe there's a AR in my future.