The Restaurant business

Guest slothful1
Don't have to,

That's what I figured.

the far right posters have done it for me. Read previous posts by the "Liberal Bashers". You can't rail against "Communist" social programs day after day and then act offended when your hand is called.

You equate political opposition to particular government programs with regarding the recipients of such benefits as "subhuman trash and parasites." This is a straw man, and you know it.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest HexHead
push for universities to offer history classes studying weapons and firearms and the REAL role they played in shaping our history.

Yeah, good luck with that. LOLOLOL

The schools are rewriting history texts to make history more PC.

The great thing about being an old bastard like me, is I lost my idealism decades ago. You probably will too. :confused:

Guest cowboy20th

Come on HexHead, you have to ruin my ideology before I get to live long to become thoroughly disappointed and become a realist. That's not fun. :confused:

wjh,

You do know that libertarian by definition means one who is against government in any sense. They believe in ultimate civil liberties to the point that government disappears and we revert back to small groups of people living in an area with no connection to any other groups near them. No laws, no rules, absolute animalistic like survival. I believe Karl Marx said that step came after communism if you ever read his manifesto. Sounds like your ideology is pretty unamerican to me.

your views of those in need disgust me. No matter what your views are of your political ideology you can't deny the fact that there are people out there especially children that need help and support from society. I guess you never give money to St. Judes for cancer research or anything like that huh. Its truely repulsive to see someone talk that way about our fellow countrymen who might need our support. I am not saying to go around giving crackheads money, but help those that need it and deserve it.

I don't think WJH meant HE thinks they are trash, he thinks most of us here think they are trash because we don't like liberals and liberals tend to cater to those types of people.

However, there is a DRASTIC difference between a battered woman, a sick child, or a person who is down on their luck as opposed to an illegal immigrant, a crack head, or a welfare junkie.

Liberals are the biggest hyprocrites the world has ever seen. They scream and yell about equality, and all the rest but how many D.C liberals do you see waving off their massive paychecks to feed the hungry and the poor? None. It's OK for the Rosie O'Donnell to have armed bodyguards, but you and me don't need to have those death machines called guns.

Guest jth_3s
Well, that's better than the current sign that says Class A misdemeanor, 11 months, 29 days in jail and a $2500 fine. :D

It is what it is and what the sign says. My guess, is they'd just discretely ask you to leave so not to cause a scene. If they were militant about the issue, and call the cops, then the penalty will be what the sign says it is.

Now, if you're drinking, it's a whole 'nother thang.

Im talking about when it becomes legal. The sign that a business has to post to keep an HCPer out says you can be fined up to $500 I didnt know what would happen if they caught you in a place like that.

Come on HexHead, you have to ruin my ideology before I get to live long to become thoroughly disappointed and become a realist. That's not fun. :D

wjh,

You do know that libertarian by definition means one who is against government in any sense. They believe in ultimate civil liberties to the point that government disappears and we revert back to small groups of people living in an area with no connection to any other groups near them. No laws, no rules, absolute animalistic like survival. I believe Karl Marx said that step came after communism if you ever read his manifesto. Sounds like your ideology is pretty unamerican to me.

your views of those in need disgust me. No matter what your views are of your political ideology you can't deny the fact that there are people out there especially children that need help and support from society. I guess you never give money to St. Judes for cancer research or anything like that huh. Its truely repulsive to see someone talk that way about our fellow countrymen who might need our support. I am not saying to go around giving crackheads money, but help those that need it and deserve it.

Libertarian (with a big L) is an American party that seeks a constitutional based government with appropriate powers going to the states, as our forefathers intended. I find it interesting that a 21 year old can call a 30 year retired Marine, 6 years in Viet Nam and wounded, unAmerican because he doesn't share his political views.

BTW, I give a lot of my money to charity, and always have.

Edited by wjh2657
Guest cowboy20th

Well first things first, thank you for your service wjh.

You must have been in the service longer than you give yourself credit though, the last troops left the Vietnam conflict in 1973, which you must already know since you were probably one of them leaving.

Next thing, Why is everyone so hung up on someone's age on this board. I know age, experience, and wisdom go hand in hand, but this is the internet, all sorts of young people are around here.

The "official" definition of Libertarian is very patriotic indeed. But the most sensible people in a particular political grouping do not get to run or even represent the group. It is the wackos on the far side of the spectrum that get the attention, and for the Libertarians its definately the anti any government crowd that was born about a century and half too late. Just like the "official" definition of Liberal is one who thinks with concern to civil liberaties and their relationship to government. But most Liberals turn out to be young college students who listened to a burnt out professor idolize karl marx and hand out a good grade if you agreed with them.

USMC 1961-1991, Viet Nam 63-66, 68-69, 71-72 ( I was in one of the last Marine Combat Units to leave (1st Anglico), I was with the MAU that took them off the rooftops IN 1975. made Grenada,Lebanon (2X) and Desert Shield (first phase of Desert Storm.) Marines pretty much got multiple tours of Nam, just like now in IRAQ and Afghanistan. Marine Corps is small, stick around and you see lots of action as an individual.

I agree with you that it is the fringe radicals that get most of the attention, but I differ that in the end they make all of the policy. Just as the Libertarians have their pro-dope and pro-pot groups, the Democrats their Welfare State groups and the Republican Party have their "rich people should get every thing" groups and their racist and storm trooper groups. Overall though both parties have moderates who temper the outcomes. The Democratic Party has a strong Pro-gun faction and a strong balanced budget faction as does the Republican Party. Somehow, in the end the moderates usually prevail. We tend to get so tied up in our own personal interests and legislature addressing our issues that the overall performance goes unnoticed.

Age does make a difference, the problem is: you have to get older to understand why.

However, there is a DRASTIC difference between a battered woman, a sick child, or a person who is down on their luck as opposed to an illegal immigrant, a crack head, or a welfare junkie.

Liberals are the biggest hyprocrites the world has ever seen. They scream and yell about equality, and all the rest but how many D.C liberals do you see waving off their massive paychecks to feed the hungry and the poor? None. It's OK for the Rosie O'Donnell to have armed bodyguards, but you and me don't need to have those death machines called guns.

+1

The "official" definition of Libertarian is very patriotic indeed. But the most sensible people in a particular political grouping do not get to run or even represent the group. It is the wackos on the far side of the spectrum that get the attention, and for the Libertarians its definately the anti any government crowd that was born about a century and half too late.

I honestly think you've never met a single Libertarian in your life.

I honestly think you've never met a single Libertarian in your life.

Dues paying and card carrying member.

Party Member Number M-100016819

Joined 11/27/2001

Went to 2 National Conventions and 3 State Conventions. Met more than one Libertarian there.

Edited by wjh2657
Dues paying and card carrying member.

Party Member Number M-100016819

Joined 11/27/2001

Went to 2 National Conventions and 3 State Conventions.

If you look at my post, you'll see I was talking to cowboy20th.

Sorry CrimsonAudio,

Had a knee-jerk reaction there.

My response about the "Walmart Parking lot" wasn't based on what I know is the good reasoning ability of the majority of Permit Holders. And I don't look for any sudden "war zones" to crop up.

But I do think that we need to think out the place of Long Range (rifles) and massive killing power weapons (shotguns) in self defense in urban and congested areas. I detected a lot of "I'll defend myself no matter how many sheeple get hurt" in the posts in question. You have the right to defend yourself and your family. But you have no right whatsoever to hurt or kill any innocent people. In a civilian self defense situation there can be no collateral damage. If you hit an innocent person, you are no longer a self defense case, you are just a criminal.

I have carried an M16 and I have used it in combat. I have also seen many innocents go down in those conflicts. the potential for this to happen is much much greater when a semiauto high powered weapon is involved in particular.

My point still is, if you have the time to get the long weapon out of the car, why don't you just get into the car and leave?

Again I supported the law, the reply was to a post stating that the individual was looking to his long gun as his primary SD weapon in a public area.

Our ( civilian CCWs) primary weapon out in public is our handgun. And that has to be wielded carefully and skillfully.

Now at home is different. The Mossy is going to get racked and 12 gauge is king!

Guest cowboy20th

Crimson, I am unsure if I have every met a libertarian simply because I do not ask a person about ideological preference or party affiliation when I talk to them. I am sure I have at some point in time, but probably did not enter political debate with them either. I think people are too quick to assume an identity and lump themselves into groups just to make things easier. I personally lean one way on some things the other ways on other things, my preferences will probably change with time and as I meet people I respect. I constantly try to keep an open mind, and if someone has a better argument than me for something then I should think about my stance on the matter.

wjh, your post sounded like some of that stuff my father calls wisdom he has been trying to push on me for years. :(

Maybe when Obama gets his civilian army together we will all have to rethink our primary defense weapons.:D

Guest dizzielizzie

I guess a sign saying "no firearms allowed" with the "gun" behind the no symbol isn't legal then? This sounds like a question for a lawyer...

I've seen one, where I went to go pay a Charter Communications bill. I had to laugh because I've seen some customers "blow up" over their bills.

I guess a sign saying "no firearms allowed" with the "gun" behind the no symbol isn't legal then? This sounds like a question for a lawyer...

I've seen one, where I went to go pay a Charter Communications bill. I had to laugh because I've seen some customers "blow up" over their bills.

It's really not a lawyer question. The Tennessee legislature reduced it to a simple written requirement.

Until the recent publicity about the so called "guns in bars" media event, the only compliant sign I ever encountered was at Jared Jewelers in Rivergate. There are dozens of establishments that post non-conmpliant signs to make their sheeple customers feel warm and fuzzy.

Most utility companies and cable companies display non conpliant signs. Seems to me that these companies are paranoid about disgruntled customers going "postal".

Most utility companies and cable companies display non conpliant signs. Seems to me that these companies are paranoid about disgruntled customers going "postal".

Which simply emphasizes the lack of logic they display - if someone is willing to kill you over utilities or cable, do you think a sign will make any difference?

Of course not.

Thirty or forty years ago, had utilities had problems with problem customers, they would have armed the clerks(male in those days), or hired muscle and been done with it. After one trouble maker got shot or an asswhipping, word would quickly spread, solving the problem.

Our culture has become so femminized that we feel good about posting a sign and believing that bad guys will run away when they see the sign. Current day clerks (mostly female, mostly minority) and their supervisors (mostly female, mostly minority) actually think that the sign will make a difference.

Guest marine77

I open carry everyday that i am off work, where i can legally. I will open

carry at every restaurant that will let me carry legally. I will not go to any

restarurant that will not let me carry, and tell others not to frequent them

either. It is my constitutional right, just like it is the business owners right

to either let one carry on not on their premises. I really don't care about

how it looks to liberals, gun haters, and basic morons. If i can carry legally

(an oxymoron), then I'm going to carry. I have had no problems with hyst-

erics from others, being thrown down on the ground by police by carrying,

mostly it's been the ignorance, or foolishness of others that's been the

problem.

Guest HexHead
I really don't care about

how it looks to liberals, gun haters, and basic morons. If i can carry legally

(an oxymoron), then I'm going to carry. I have had no problems with hyst-

erics from others

I always smile when there's a Marine around. :P