Finished my first AR build (pics)

I started an AR build with Christmas money and finally finished it last week!

Spikes lower with custom color fill, Spikes upper, Whatever trigger group spikes uses, Tapco tan stock, ERGO tan pistol grip, Yankee hill machine barrel with diamond flutes, Yankee hill machine hand guard, low profile gas block, LE muzzle device from RRA, vortex strike fire red/green dot ( I really wanted an eotech but cant afford that right now) bolt carrier group from RRA and Charging handle from RRA.

I originally orderd 5 to 7 parts from Del-ton then some of the parts were backordered wayyyyyyyyy before they even got to my order (ordered first week of march and if i had not canceled the order I would still be waiting) so I canceled the order and called RRA and within 10 days the parts were at my door. Well most of the parts, they left out the bolt carrier group! So I had to wait a long birthday weekend and not be able to shoot the gun. Tues came around and I got the bolt carrier group so off to the rifle club we went. it shoots awesone!

IMG_1245.jpg

IMG_1247.jpg

here is the other side of the lower before i out it all together

Picture004-1.jpg

Edited by gtssilver
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey GTS there is no walnut on that gun!?!? :P

I suppose that I will still have to give it a go with a mag or two next time I actually get the time to play again.

This is a VERY nice build! Can't wait to try it out on the 200 or 300 yard range...Very well a contender to outshoot the .25-06

So far i like the vortex. I only got to shoot 50 or so rounds the other day. I put the StrikeFire on and shot at a torso sized plinker about 75 yards out and hit it every time. I plan on fine tuning it Sun afternoon.

This is the perfect AR for ya Pie.

Picture434Medium.jpg

where did you find that woodgrain AR at?! id love to know where either the wooden furniture came from or where to buy a full kit at!

Not sure who makes that one, but I think Joe @ Hero-Gear mentioned a possibility of starting to make woodgrain furniture kits a while back... don't know what the status of that ism I'm sure the Battle Mugs and Billet Hero-Guns lowers are keeping him quite busy.

Not sure who makes that one, but I think Joe @ Hero-Gear mentioned a possibility of starting to make woodgrain furniture kits a while back... don't know what the status of that ism I'm sure the Battle Mugs and Billet Hero-Guns lowers are keeping him quite busy.

i never heard about that. i would love to have some woodgrain furniture although i think id want something besides the triangular fore end. but that is perfect for the guys that have a AR that they use for hunting-only and want a hunting type gun look to it and dont want a camo job like the remington r15. like the .458socom rifles that some use for hog hunting or a 6.8SPC for deer hunting or any of the other hunting specific ARs out there.

where did you find that woodgrain AR at?! id love to know where either the wooden furniture came from or where to buy a full kit at!

It's some company in California. The wood furniture is expensive but apparently you get what you pay for.

• 1 month later...
So far i like the vortex. I only got to shoot 50 or so rounds the other day. I put the StrikeFire on and shot at a torso sized plinker about 75 yards out and hit it every time. I plan on fine tuning it Sun afternoon.

Just wondering how that Vortex is holding up?