How long should i go?

How long do I go?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. How long do I go?

• Carbine tube and 7.5 inch
    • Midlength 9 and 9.5
    • Midlength 10 and 10.5
    • Other?

I am in the process of SBRing a Oly Arms GL-1 9mm, the one that uses Glock mags. But I am in a bit of a quandry. I don't know what length to go with. I am going to free float the handguards and use a rail mounted sight. My options so far, are a carbine length tube and 7.5 inch barrel. Or a Mid tube (9 or 10 inch) and 9.5 or 10.5 inch barrel. So what say you? Short or mid? I am thinking of using whichever gets the most votes, so be vocal and post your opinion. And if you have one already done, post a pic. Thanks for any advice. Trying to put a poll, hope it works.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest thorn

It's not on your list - either a 5.5" or 7.5" with a mid-length hg. I'm putting this together and don't have the barrel yet but stuck the can in there to give an idea how it'd look with a 5.5" it's on top of a 7.5" w/ carbine length hg.

DSC02773.jpg

I voted other, as in something other than Olympic Arms! :popcorn:

That's harsh.:D I was kinda leery about it, but so far aside from a few times the bolt didn't hold open, it has been 100%.

Looks like I am leaning toward the carbine and 7.5 barrel. Think I will give it till the end of the weekend to see what the vote is before I decide for sure

+1 NFA is somthing that most people are going to keep for the rest of their lives. Im sure OA is pretty good, but not somthing I would SBR. Just my .02.:D

-Jason G

But they are the only ones that make a Glock mag lower.:popcorn:

Consider this though, and this is sheerly my opinion, but a Glock 33rd mag is what, $35-40 bucks? C Products Colt 9mm 32rd AR mags are $18. Can even build your own 9mm AR, or snag a Rock River/Colt/Bushmaster version for not much more than you paid for the OA I bet. Well, maybe not the Colt.

BTW, I'm not trying to knock your gun :D. Like Jason said though, NFA is serious business, and it's not as easy to unload in a hurry if you need the money or something of that nature. People also tend to be a bit more picky about what they're buying when it's NFA.

BTW, I'm not trying to knock your gun :stunned:. Like Jason said though, NFA is serious business, and it's not as easy to unload in a hurry if you need the money or something of that nature. People also tend to be a bit more picky about what they're buying when it's NFA.

Points well taken, and no offense taken. true i could have went witht the Colt system, but you gotta admit it is very cool to have a carbine that will take the same mags as your sidearm. And "everybody" has the Colt system. :D

If you are intrested in being able to use your pistol mags in your rifle you might check out the Kriss rifle, they will accept .45 Glock mags. And you can add a .45 to your stable. But be warned they are expensive and a pain in the ass to find one.

-Jason G

Yea they are pretty cool, I played with the Kriss and the Kriss sub-machine gun, which has the short barrel, at the SHOT show. They make it such a pain for anyone to become a dealer not many people carry them. If I'm not mistaken Franklin is the only store in town who is a Kriss dealer.

-Jason G