URGENT - POSSIBLE VETO ON PARKS BILL!!!

Guest stovepipe

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jamie
We need a chart with where we can and where we can't carry and when they become effective. My mind hurts just trying to get caught up.

No kidding.

And I'm trying to do it with 2 teeth missing and a boat-load of pain killers floating around my system.

I have to say though, it was a pleasant surprise to get back from the dentist's office and find out the Gov. had signed instead of vetoed. :P

So what'd you guys do to him while I was gone, anyway? :stare::P:drool:

E. Tennessee has huge wildlife management areas. The Cherokee National forest is some 640,000 acres spanning from the Georgia state line to the Great Smokey Mountains. The Cherokee has less than 12 leo's to patrol the forest. A similar situation exist north of the Smokeys. So, there is no security other than what you carry. Anyone with a firearm is a poacher. If the bill passes, we will no longer be treated as poachers, but only as potential poachers. (Those are the kings animals you know, that's what they got Robin Hood for). This train of thought would be similar to treating all men like rapist yet is is tolerated for animals. Animal rights are now more important than individual liberty, at least to the liberals. Of all the bills that went through this session, the WMA bill is the one I personally wanted passed.

looks to me like nafieh was in govs pocket all these years. gov had it made. could back the bills IF they got to his desk. now he has to show his true colors.

guess the old man has to eat crow again. glad i aint a betting man. oh well i always keep plenty of catsup

So since he signed the bill, when does this one go into effect?

State parks - Immediately.

Local Parks - Sept 1st

Federal Parks etc... Immediately as far as the state is concerned, but National Parks still have to wait for the Federal Law to go into effect in Feb 2010.

Guest Doc44

What are the dos and don'ts of the log gun car carry?

Chambered or no chambered round??

loaded mag in gun?

Tube full?

Thanks... don't want to mess up.

Doc44

What are the dos and don'ts of the log gun car carry?

Chambered or no chambered round??

loaded mag in gun?

Tube full?

Thanks... don't want to mess up.

Doc44

You must have a HCP, the weapon be in or on any privately owned vehicle and no round in the chamber.

Other than that all is good.

You can chamber a round to use the weapon in self-defense.

I just need to get a good scabbard to put on my motorcycle for a shotgun now. Sort of like in T2 :wall:

Edited by Fallguy
You must have a HCP, the weapon be in or on any privately owned vehicle and no round in the chamber.

Other than that all is good.

You can chamber a round to use the weapon in self-defense.

I just need to get a good scabbard to put on my motorcycle for a shotgun now. Sort of like in T2 :)

Here again, I either read or heard that their was language that allowed even non permit holders to at least keep their ammo in the same part of the vehicle as the long gun.

Here again, I either read or heard that their was language that allowed even non permit holders to at least keep their ammo in the same part of the vehicle as the long gun.

Senate Amendment 2 would have applied to anyone, but it was withdrawn on 5/18/09

Seneate Amendment 3 is the final version of the bill that passed. It only applies to HCP holders.

I remember hearing talk of trying to include those with a hunting license, but apparently that never even actually made it to an amendement, let alone being adopted.

E. Tennessee has huge wildlife management areas. The Cherokee National forest is some 640,000 acres spanning from the Georgia state line to the Great Smokey Mountains. The Cherokee has less than 12 leo's to patrol the forest. A similar situation exist north of the Smokeys. So, there is no security other than what you carry. Anyone with a firearm is a poacher. If the bill passes, we will no longer be treated as poachers, but only as potential poachers. (Those are the kings animals you know, that's what they got Robin Hood for). This train of thought would be similar to treating all men like rapist yet is is tolerated for animals. Animal rights are now more important than individual liberty, at least to the liberals. Of all the bills that went through this session, the WMA bill is the one I personally wanted passed.

I believe carry in the Cherokee National Forest is now legal under this bill. You should check with a Cherokee Ranger(?) to verify there are not federal regulations/laws barring carry first, but it's my understanding that State law is what prohibited carry on the NFs here in TN and the parks bill removes that limitation for HCP. Also, it should allow you to carry a load long gun in the vehicle as well under the long gun bill which was signed into law today.

The WMA law hopefully we get passed before this session is over.