My 1st SBR Build

I've decided to build my 1st SBR.

With a lot of help from TNRobocop I've got the paperwork to Serpas and the lower back from the engravers. I have to give Paletiger13 props for helping me find a engraver in Middle Tennessee who didn't get scared when I utterred the word AR15. Southren Trophy over on Nolensville Road. Good people to work with, 5 day turn around, reasonable pricing.

The upper will be a POF 9.5in upper which is currently build out on a pistol lower...all nice and legal.

Spikes lower, DPMS parts kit, Magpul CTR stock kit from Spikes, in black with their ST-T2 buffer upgrade and a Surefire M900 vertical foregrip.

I had Southren Trophy do some laser engraving while they had my lower: NOTE: the NFA Specific engraving has already been alumablack'ed in these pics, so they don't show very well. They are above the selector hole

sbrlower.jpg

Closeup:

sbrlower2.jpg

Now...as soon as Serpas gets me my paperwork back, I come up with 200.00, and the NFA Branch deems me worthy, I can complete the build and have fun. Hopefully CIS will run a DEFENSIVE CARBINE II class in Nov/Dec that I can take with my new baby :)

Edited by dunndw
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

Why didn't you just do a Revocable Living Trust instead of trying to get Serpas to sign off on it as your Chief LEO?? I really don't see him bending over backward to sign that very fast.

I did my trust using Quicken Willmaker to create the template and just edited a few things in MS Word before printing, signing and notarizing.

It never really crossed my mind.He didn't give me any hassle on my AOW paperwork. I'm not even sure he looks at it. I'd bet he has one of his many people do it. He has 10 business days according to the lady on the other end of the phone. IF he gives me any grief, then I'll go the trust route. I'll have have to redo the paperwork and have another lower engraved, not a big deal. When I picked up my Infidel lower I had planned on SPRing that one, but forgot that when temple showed me a box full of nice new lowers from Spikes :-)

Guest redbarron06

I think Serpas just sits down one day every other week and signes them all. He is the easy part. My form 1 has been at ATF for more than 8 weeks now. I called around the 4 week mark and they did not even have me in the computer even though they had cashed the check a month before that. I also bought a can straight from the manufacture about 5 weeks ago and I am still waiting on the form 3 to go though so the makes can transfer it to the Class 3 dealer so I can do the form 4.

Makes me mad that I have to pay a tax to enjoy one of my rights. Even madder that I need the reciept to prove that I paid for it. I should be able to pick it up and start using it the day the check cashs and use that as a reciept until ATF gets the paperwork back.

Makes me mad that I have to pay a tax to enjoy one of my rights. Even madder that I need the reciept to prove that I paid for it. I should be able to pick it up and start using it the day the check cashs and use that as a reciept until ATF gets the paperwork back.

Huh? Are you saying you can pick up your can before you get the form 4 back?

-Jason G

Guest redbarron06
Huh? Are you saying you can pick up your can before you get the form 4 back?

-Jason G

No I am not saying that. I saying that if I have to pay a tax (which is what you are doing with the $200) then as soon as I have proof of payment i.e. a cancelled check I should be able to.

Serpas's office called Tuesday, paperwork was ready. Went to Wednesday and picked it up. 9 out of the 10 days 'he has to sign paperwork" don't know if that's a policy or a law, just what I was told on the phone.

Next step, sell some hobo's kidney for the 200.00 tax to the ATF

Guest redbarron06
Serpas's office called Tuesday, paperwork was ready. Went to Wednesday and picked it up. 9 out of the 10 days 'he has to sign paperwork" don't know if that's a policy or a law, just what I was told on the phone.

Next step, sell some hobo's kidney for the 200.00 tax to the ATF

Cool deal.

I am waiting on my Form 4 for my can to get back from his office. I sent it in on the 9th with a return envelope. I am not in a big hurry to get it baack because the freaking form 3 has not gone through yet to transfer it to the dealer. :(

Where do you go around Nashville to shoot?