Beretta 75 Jaguar Plinker

Guest BillOfRightsFan

Guest BillOfRightsFan

I picked up recently a Beretta 75 Jaguar Plinker. It is a 22lr pistol with an 8 round magazine. It has an extended barrel. I have no idea how good it is. I've never fired it and I don't think it has been fired since around the 1970's! I don't even now how to maintain it. The instructions are pretty torn up but it still has the original box.

The gun has an interesting story. The original owner was my girlfriend's uncle. He was sort of an adventurer and went around the world and worked on construction projects. Apparently he got this gun in either the late 60's or early 70's in the Middle East (Iraq). When he returned from there he gave it to his brother who lived out in Kingston, TN. When the brother died, the gun passed down to my girlfriend who wasn't interested in it and so she handed it off to me.

It is an unusual gun. It sort of has that James Bond flair to it. He never seemed interested in guns with any sort of real punch to them. I suppose that sort of thing would have to wait until later when Dirty Harry hit the scene.

I'm really not even sure what to do with it. I don't think it is a good home defense weapon. Of course may I am wrong on that. Maybe I need to figure out how to maintain it and take it to the range. I keep telling the mockingbird that keeps harassing out cat that I may test it out on him if I can get away with it!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Guest BillOfRightsFan

Let me see if I can rectify that right now... camera check. backdrop check... ok where is the darn gun... brb <time passes> Ok got it and pic snapped...

DSC02813.JPG

Let me see if I can rectify that right now... camera check. backdrop check... ok where is the darn gun... brb <time passes> Ok got it and pic snapped...

:P:)

Good job .. interesting old gun.

So, you still haven't shot it?

- OS

Guest BillOfRightsFan
:squint::)

Good job .. interesting old gun.

So, you still haven't shot it?

- OS

Not yet. Last time I went to the range I was using my carbine. I keep threatening to gun down wildlife in the yard with it but the girlfriend keeps reminding me about discharging a gun and city limits and blah blah blah. Won't they allow it if I just tell them the raccoon reared up on it's hind legs - what else was I to do? :rolleyes:

Other than scaring small wildlife I think it is just simply a conversation piece.

Guest BillOfRightsFan

Got to shoot the Jaguar with Mike.357 on July 4th. It is very smooth and a good gun. Now I need to learn how to maintain it.