Downrange

A great afternoon!

Between my shooting partner and I (numbers may not be exact but pretty darn close):

350 rds .22LR Colt M4 Ops

150 rds .22LR S&W Model 22A

70 rds .40 S&W M&P .40

24 rds .380 KelTec P3AT

60 rds 9mm KelTec P-11

42 rds .32 KelTec P-32

170 rds .45 Dan Wesson Commander Bobtail

Indoor range. The Colt was hitting pretty consistantly in about a 3 inch group at 25 yds with a red dot. Bunnies beware. First time to a real range with the DW CBOB and I was hitting very consistantly within about a 10 inch group at 25 yards with a few strays that i can only blame on me. I couldn't believe the accuracy. The M&P shoots well but in the same hands the CBOB was clearly superior. The KelTecs, well, you better hope the bad guy's within 7 yards.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only have about 700 rounds on hand. But it's all the same kind. :yuck:

Actually I thought about that earlier. We can trade some if you want. I have a fair amount of 4 different kinds of reliable ammo. Thank goodness that split casing stuff is all gone.

I have slight quantities of some stuff, we can trade. Not sure it really matters ,LOL.

It all goes THUMP. I really like the light ball stuff (brass cased) that I shot today. was quite pleasant shooting. I think it is Hungarian, but not sure.

Dammit,. now I am surfing and will order some crap I do not need, Thanks buddy!

LOL

Guest gunslinger707

I've had a fun Sat. spent the day with Granddaughter's.

we put downrange.

500 .177 pellet's

300 .22 cal.pellet's

Air Rifle's are fun too !!!:yuck::D:D

Guest gunslinger707

Suntzu,

I have a Daisy .177 made by Gamo and a Beeman dual cal. .22 and .177 barrel's The Daisy run's about 600 fps.in .177. The Beeman crank's out about 750 fps in the .22 cal.The Beeman is chinese made advertised at 1000fps in.177 and 850fps in .22 Both are extremely accurate !!I have 3-9x32 scope's on both rifle's old eye's need all the help they can get !!:yuck::D

I feel you FordGuy. I can't get enough of the M1, I want to shoot it everyday. It is my go to gun and the first line of defense against zombies.

I would like one of the Gamo air rifles, especially if I was somewhere that regular gunfire was not going to work out.

SUNTZU, I hope your move is going well. Would have been nice to have you there in person today rather than photo replicas of you that we used as targets.

PS: I really think I will need to get you a new spinner target. Yours is bent and cratered pretty bad. No holes yet, but I am trying.

Friday at G&L, 200 rounds through the Ruger P90. I need to get better with my .45. And another 50 rounds through the Security Six. Am wondering if I should keep it, or trade it for a .44 with a longer barell.

Actually I thought about that earlier. We can trade some if you want. I have a fair amount of 4 different kinds of reliable ammo. Thank goodness that split casing stuff is all gone.

I have slight quantities of some stuff, we can trade. Not sure it really matters ,LOL.

It all goes THUMP. I really like the light ball stuff (brass cased) that I shot today. was quite pleasant shooting. I think it is Hungarian, but not sure.

Dammit,. now I am surfing and will order some crap I do not need, Thanks buddy!

LOL

Mike, if you'll save that x54 brass I'll buy it from you. I intend to start reloading that caliber as well and have been saving what little brass I have found.

Guest Bronker
Mike, if you'll save that x54 brass I'll buy it from you. I intend to start reloading that caliber as well and have been saving what little brass I have found.

Hey RW, is that stuff we shot out of the x54R reloadable? I guess you got all the hulls, but of course I have hundreds more. This afternoon about 1600 I noticed all of my neighbors hurrying their kids inside and pulling the shades. I guess they were waiting for the next wave of blasting over here on the ridge like the one last week!!!

:yuck:

Guest Bronker
A lot of the x54 I've shot is brass or copper washed over steel. Something to look out for.

That said, I've got a few brass cases out in the shop. I'll get them to you sometime.

Me and RW have ammo from the same lot, so I bet that it is the copperwashed steel. It looks like copper. I think I recall RW saying we could not reload.

I still have all that stuff in a bag but its going in the metal bin as it's copper washed steel. I have some Wolf brass spire points for hunting with and they are all brass. I'm stopping by that shop in Gallatin this week to see if they have any more and get a box for you and Mcflurry.

56, thanks and I'll remember to bring your primers.

Did you hear the big booms from Westmoreland a little while ago? We had our fireworks display tonight. Started an hour late but they did get it off. Started at 1000. I'm sure you could hear it down there!

Guest SUNTZU
I feel you FordGuy. I can't get enough of the M1, I want to shoot it everyday. It is my go to gun and the first line of defense against zombies.

I would like one of the Gamo air rifles, especially if I was somewhere that regular gunfire was not going to work out.

SUNTZU, I hope your move is going well. Would have been nice to have you there in person today rather than photo replicas of you that we used as targets.

PS: I really think I will need to get you a new spinner target. Yours is bent and cratered pretty bad. No holes yet, but I am trying.

You'd have to use a picture of me for a target. You sure can't hit anything smaller. :yuck:

Garufa talking about his 91/30 said

Shoot with bayonet or adjust front sight?

I do not have a bayonet for mine. I should have borrowed yous to test. I did think it a little weird that both of our 91/30's front sights were offset to the left by about the exact same amount.

I think I will move my sight and see if that does not bring me back closer to center on the targets. Not that I mind using KY windage though.

only 50 rounds of Federal .22 today. SHot them through the little single shot Savage rifle. I love that gun anyways, lots of fun to shoot and pretty darn accurate.

Would have shot more but a storm kicked up, and I am out of the mood now.