1967 Ford Mustang VIN Problem

Picked up a project 1967 Mustang Coupe yesterday for my wife as a graduation present for finishing her doctoral program in psychology.

Trying to decode the VIN is a no-go. Both the # on the inner drivers side fender and the door jam are the same. No other numbers can be found.

The car was a greenish gold color, had factory A/C and a landau top. Interior is black. Other than that, not much else I am able to find out. The engine and front clip and not original to the car.

VIN # on the title and the two previously listed spots are GA-29264

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

IMG00042.jpg

IMG00040.jpg

Edited by TNRobocop
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought my wife a '66 Mustang convertable for our 10th anniversary. Beautiful car, with the original 289 engine, and in damned good shape. A friend recommended that I have the engine rebuilt, as it had sat for many years in a garage in Georgia.

We put it into my garage, then he was deployed to Iraq ... Then I was deployed to Iraq. My son in law started to take the engine apart ... then he was deployed to Iraq.

Mustang's been in the garage with the engine scattered around the place.

For the last 8 years.

My wife isn't very happy about it.

Could use recommendations on someone in the Clarksville area to rebuild the motor and transmission at a decent price.

ETA: Found it.

It was under the outer fender well stamped on the inner fender well, with a heavy coat of black paint on it.

7T01C1750XX

Made in New Jersey

289 CID w/ 2bbl Carb

# 1750XX built

So I now have a mistitled vehicle. The previous owner somehow titled it with the build code, rather than the VIN. Hell the bank even put a lien on it when it was titled and removed the lien in 1990 after it was paid off.

Thats just begging for

M-6007-A351ft.jpg

Sportsman 351

475 HP

Well it has a 302 bored .40 over w/ a Holley 650, 3-spd manual transmission, and 10-bolt rear end.

Fast enough for my wife methinks.

And it was a factory A/C car to boot so that should be nice to have also.

And as far as the spam crap goes, I think I got it fixed. Downloaded Ad-Aware and it nuked it as far as I can tell.

Guest coldblackwind
Well it has a 302 bored .40 over w/ a Holley 650, 3-spd manual transmission, and 10-bolt rear end.

Fast enough for my wife methinks.

And it was a factory A/C car to boot so that should be nice to have also.

And as far as the spam crap goes, I think I got it fixed. Downloaded Ad-Aware and it nuked it as far as I can tell.

Bah, I snagged a 428 from pull-a-parts with a 3 speed manual for my '66 ford pickup. When it comes to cubic inches, the more the merrier!

Guest dotsun

Because of it's age, you can do an affidavit of ownership and they'll issue you a new title. That's what I had to do with my Frankentruck.

Well my wife came home yesterday and loved the car.

Now I am off to get a title/tag for it and will correct the title too.

She is plotting and planning on how she wants to have the car look. I am adding up all of the things I need to do it just to make it ride safe and run well.

Plus I have my 1985 CUCV blazer project I need to wrap up too.

Oh well, maybe I will work on guns sometime in the future. :yuck:

Guest tonybon

ive restored a few cars and sometimes the BUILD SHEET can be found in the back seat in the springs. if its still their it tells all about the car

ive restored a few cars and sometimes the BUILD SHEET can be found in the back seat in the springs. if its still their it tells all about the car

I have heard that on the Mustang that is where they hid them at. Will be stripping the interior this week. Will advise.