Fourth of July Shoot 'em Up

I am going to Norris this Saturday. I want to get an annual pass and a key to the gate to the Norris range. ( believe it is 30 bucks for the annual or 15 bucks for a daily pass)

Any and all of you are welcome to join me.

I am pretty sure OhShoot will be coming with me, and I have personally invited 4 or 5 others.

I am thinking 11 am or 12pm, meet at the range.

Be there or be square!

come help me crater SUNTZU'S spinner target.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is Norris somehwere. I have been once but OhShoot made me ride blindfolded. So obviously I do not know where it is actually.

OK, I did not ride blindfolded, but I still do not know where it is other than it is in Norris, about 10 minutes away from the police station. I know how to get to there. And they will direct me to the range I am sure.

Only been there once but it seemed okay. They have a target stand at 200 yards, 100 yards and a pistol area off to the side. Shooting benches are concrete and are covered. Ample parking. I believe at 30 bucks a year it is worthwhile. Heck I choose to pay to shoot it must be a fair deal, since I can walk out my front door and blast away if I want to.

I understand being the 4th people already will have plans. I am not epxecting much if any of a turnout.

I have no life, and am going regardless.

I recently got off the phone with the Norris PD. I was calling to make sure a pass could be purchased on Saturday.

I was advised of the following.

A pass can be purchased Saturday at the Norris police station, but accessing the building itself to buy the pass may be difficult. The Norris community has a 4th of July street party Saturday that runs from 7 am until 11 pm. (I am guessing the party is on the street that leads to the police station.)

They start selling passes tomorrow for the new year (Their year runs from july through june).

I am going to run up there either tomorrow morning or Friday afternoon to get my pass and key.

Just keeping you all up to date.

Guest c.a.s.

I would love to go and make loud with everyone, but my family is coming down for the 4th and we are going to also make loud, though not as big loud (fireworks).

Maybe I can get my grandfather to nostalgically try out the Carbine for once.

And we're making homemade ice cream.

If I make it can we shoot bottle-rockets out of your Mosin? :lol:

Good grief, I can't believe I never thought of that before. I am gonna do that no matter what. I have some screaming rockets ,LOL

What time are you planning on going to the range?

11 or 12

Guest FroggyOne2

cool.. i will bring my 22.. i have not shot it in about 3 years.. time to get it out.. i would like to shoot it some at 200 yards.. and i will bring about 300 rounds or so for my 40.

I hope you make it Froggy. Look forward to meeting you.

I always bring a .22 on every trip to the range. I am also guessing the Garand, Mosin 91/30 and something in .45 auto will be coming along.

Guest c.a.s.
Good grief, I can't believe I never thought of that before. I am gonna do that no matter what. I have some screaming rockets ,LOL

11 or 12

SOMEONE MUST TAPE THIS.

Guest FroggyOne2

well being there at 11 or 12 is a lil later than 10am Big Jason! gives me a chance to get a lil rest being that I still work thirds.. Plus.. I am wanting to shoot my 22 at 200 yards..

Oh by the way Jason.. got my Star sizer in.. it is nice!

I just got back from the Norris PD with my annual pass in hand.

The officer at the counter strongly advised purchasing a pass before Saturday morning ( to shoot Saturday). He also said the station is open 24/7. But then advised to come before midnight to get it. So that gives everyone three days to get up there.

He also volunteered that people caught at the the range without a paid pass are subject to citation for trespassing and a $150 fine. Whoever they enter with will lose their pass and key.

So there you have it.

I always bring a .22 on every trip to the range. I am also guessing the Garand, Mosin 91/30 and something in .45 auto will be coming along.

Could that be the infamous FA handgun?

Edited by bubbiesdad

Could that be the infamous FA handgun?

Nah, it did not go fully the other day when I shot it. I think it was just gunked up with powder residue and grease and such, I cleaned it up and it did not do it again.

Kind of disappointing, LOL

I think the XD45 needs some exercise.

May cause some added traffic issues.

I think they launch anvils amongst other things. Would love to see that. I think I can bypass any Museum traffic by going up 441 instead of the interstate.

I have a back way into the range. Got double secret directions from a Norris LEO.

(okay not so secret but it sounds better that way)

looks like there will be three or four of us anyway.

I could take a .22 and occupy myself for hours anyway. Going to take SUNTZU's spiiner target and crater it some more too. Might just get a hole in it yet.