Fourth of July Shoot 'em Up

Guest BillOfRightsFan

Looks like i can make it. I am heading from Nashville to Knoxville now. I'll try to make it to Norris PD later this afternoon to get the pass and key to avoid trouble in the morning. See you all at 11. If someone brings the Mosin and Bottle Rockets I'll bring the camera with video!

Pete

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like i can make it. I am heading from Nashville to Knoxville now. I'll try to make it to Norris PD later this afternoon to get the pass and key to avoid trouble in the morning. See you all at 11. If someone brings the Mosin and Bottle Rockets I'll bring the camera with video!

Pete

Very cool, look forward to meeting you!

- OS

Hmm.....might be able to make this. Not sure. I know I'm working Saturday night but not sure when I'll be getting of Saturday morning but I'll keep you posted.

Hey c'mon out.

You proved at Jason's shoot that you don't need sleep!

- OS

Guest SUNTZU

I have to get a pass and a key. I've seen a Norris party before. Its a PITA to get anywhere in that little turn a round street. I don't know a back way in. I made a back way out before, but don't know how I did it.

take 61 to Lambden Road. Turn left on Lambden.

Turn right on Red Hill Road

Turn left onto Upper Clear Creek Rd.

At least thats what 5-0 told me

PS: I repainted your spinner. You can have first shot at it.

I believe 61 comes in from I-75 at the Norris exit.

Yeah, exit 122.

61 goes up to intersection, about a mile, where 441 joins at light.

Left into Norris.

With the warning Mike got, sounds like it wouldn't be too surprising if they checked up there on the 4th, so you should get a pass I reckon.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot
Hey c'mon out.

You proved at Jason's shoot that you don't need sleep!

- OS

It's not really about sleep seeing as my average has been about 4 to 5 hrs a day, it's about getting the yard work done and other Man Chores done vs. going out and playing. Tomarrow is going to be a nice day and I should come out and play, however, I need to get a few more things done around the house. So I'm out for tomarrow.

Some good new is I've aquired pieces of an SKS that I've decided to play with. I've got the barrel and trigger assy along with the mag assy so now I'm looking for a bolt and carrier, and a few other items. I've already ordered a "Murray firing pin" and I have a new receiver cover ordered. I've got to decide on a stock (more than likley it'll turn into a "Bubba'd" with a Tapco T-6) Anyways, one it gets to firing status, I'll want to hit a range...so maybe next time. Sorry guys.:D

Guest SUNTZU

I'm getting ready to load the truck. Running by Walmart on the way for drinks and targets. Then its onward and upward to Norris PD.

Guest SUNTZU

I had a great time! It was good to meet billofrightsguy and the other gentleman whose screen name I failed to get. I met another guy shooting a .280 Improved rifle and gave him information about TGO, so hopefully he'll join. His rifle was a sweet shooter.

I had a great time! Nice to meet billofrightsguy representin' Middle TN and shootin' with hkusp40cal.

If the grill wasn't heating up I would go back up there right now.

Mighty fine afternoon.

Here's what's left of our 100yd. 1/4" steel plate:

DSCN2127.jpg

Edited by Garufa