Last week I carried in a Mexican Restaurant in Texas

So I had lunch with my brother last Friday in Texas. We don't get to eat together that much so it was special. His young daughter came with us. He wanted to go to a Mexican restaurant so that is where we went.

The day before I finally got my HCP after a 79 day wait and couldn't wait to carry in public.

Yeah, the restaurant served alcohol, but here's my point. No one got hurt. No one even cared. I exercised my 2nd Amendment right and was proud of it.

Edited by TGO David
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

!

I owe him an apology, if he met his brohter in Texas and it was legal. I read the post on my Blackberry, did not see the bottom line, that was my mistake.

I got bit on something like that a couple of weeks ago, the Main Stream Media will copy the first part and put it on the news.

But, if I was wrong in my response, by not reading it all, and the meet was in a legal venue. Again, my apologies.

Edited by Worriedman

Concealed carry is legal in a restaurant that serves alcohol in Texas if more than 50% of their revenue comes from food sales. Even more restrictive than it will be here in a couple weeks if the justice system agrees with the letter of the law.

The OP did not explain very well, kinda left us to believe he was in TX. Things may be a little different there.

Yes, that was intentional, sorry! With all the angst going on I thought we could use a little levity.

It was in Texas. I flew down for the day on business. Ironically enough I carried into a restaurant for the first time into an alcohol-serving one.

Rest assured I researched the law in Texas heavily before doing so.

Yes, that was intentional, sorry! With all the angst going on I thought we could use a little levity.

It was in Texas. I flew down for the day on business. Ironically enough I carried into a restaurant for the first time into an alcohol-serving one.

Rest assured I researched the law in Texas heavily before doing so.

Cool. KNow what you mean, going to Fl soon an wanted to know as well. Funny thing is I will have more rights as far as 2a goes away than I do at home.:tinfoil:

Concealed carry is legal in a restaurant that serves alcohol in Texas if more than 50% of their revenue comes from food sales. Even more restrictive than it will be here in a couple weeks if the justice system agrees with the letter of the law.

Correct. And the ones who get the lion's share through alcohol sales are required to post, so CCW's (Texas is CCW) don't have to guess.

Correct. And the ones who get the lion's share through alcohol sales are required to post, so CCW's (Texas is CCW) don't have to guess.

Excellent law. Between laws sch as this and capital gains taxes, know wonder the wealthy tend to leave the state. If WE keep leaving, who going to pay for the social programs?????:tinfoil:

• Administrator

@OngoingFreedom -- Your cute thread nearly got you banned. I took the time to read it a little closer to see what you were saying before I pulled the trigger, but obviously not everyone else did. If your fellow gun-owners misread it, what do you think a reporter would do?

My suggestion to you is to save the funny stuff for threads of less significance in the future.

You can transport a gun on a commercial flight. You have to have the gun locked in a case and it must be checked. No carry on. Ammo must be packed separately in an approved container. The airlines have the rules and requirements posted on their websites. Be sure to check the laws of the state you're traveling to. Although I haven't checked, I suspect it would be a bad idea to take a handgun to CA or NY.

Guest Doc44

Guns in locked case, ammo in seperate locked case. Declared and checked.... not carry on. This is the way it used to be and probably still is ......... but since the Obamanation who knows... so call airport security and ask before you show up a totin.

Doc44

Guest HexHead
And florida is similar. Apparently, contrary to the dreaded adam, it is actualy legal in a lot of states.

Last summer I traveled to GA, FL, AL, MS, KY and MO and carried my pistol in every restaurant I ate at It was legal in all of them. I didn't see any posted signs either.

You can transport a gun on a commercial flight. You have to have the gun locked in a case and it must be checked. No carry on. Ammo must be packed separately in an approved container. The airlines have the rules and requirements posted on their websites. Be sure to check the laws of the state you're traveling to. Although I haven't checked, I suspect it would be a bad idea to take a handgun to CA or NY.

Actually the ammunition may be carried with the weapon but must be either in an entirely enclosed magazine/clip (such as in a holster) or packed in fiber/wood/metal containers. They don't want the primers exposed to an accidental "tap". While not a TSA reg most airlines limit ammunition to 11 pounds, which I believe is a European limitation. The TSA's requirements are here.

The case must be hard-sided, the weapon unloaded (you may have to demonstrate this). You retain the method of locking but it's a good idea to have the key with you when you check the luggage in case they want to confirm. The airline might have additional rules (like the 11 pound limitation) but generally stick with the TSA regs, at least the major ones do.

I have heard the same thing about NY and do not plan to carry there.

But I actually flew a small, private plane. The rules under which I fly, called 14 CFR Part 91 "General Operating and Flight Rules," do not restrict the carriage of a weapon in any fashion other than interfering with a flight crewmember.

Actually the ammunition may be carried with the weapon but must be either in an entirely enclosed magazine/clip (such as in a holster) or packed in fiber/wood/metal containers. They don't want the primers exposed to an accidental "tap". While not a TSA reg most airlines limit ammunition to 11 pounds, which I believe is a European limitation. The TSA's requirements are here.

The case must be hard-sided, the weapon unloaded (you may have to demonstrate this). You retain the method of locking but it's a good idea to have the key with you when you check the luggage in case they want to confirm. The airline might have additional rules (like the 11 pound limitation) but generally stick with the TSA regs, at least the major ones do.

I have heard the same thing about NY and do not plan to carry there.

But I actually flew a small, private plane. The rules under which I fly, called 14 CFR Part 91 "General Operating and Flight Rules," do not restrict the carriage of a weapon in any fashion other than interfering with a flight crewmember.

Correct information.

Different airlines have different rules, some want the red card in the case, some read the regs and want it outside the locked case.

The head master at Memphis has never read the regs I think, she made me strip the ammo out of the magazine for my 1911, even though it was fully enclosed in a Velcro mag holder, and place it outside the locked case.

Easiest I have found to fly out of with weapons is Phoenix, hardest Detroit.

yeah i knew it was possible, i was just wondering if anyone here in the forums had actually accomplished the task. the amusing part would be the looks on peoples faces when the gun is pulled out and shown to be unloaded, etc.

it sure would be nice if the laws and regulations allowed for citizens with carry permits to go armed on flights. i really think that will never happen. i wonder if it were legal, would it have any change in the ratio of aircraft crime?

Guest HexHead
yeah i knew it was possible, i was just wondering if anyone here in the forums had actually accomplished the task. the amusing part would be the looks on peoples faces when the gun is pulled out and shown to be unloaded, etc.

it sure would be nice if the laws and regulations allowed for citizens with carry permits to go armed on flights. i really think that will never happen. i wonder if it were legal, would it have any change in the ratio of aircraft crime?

I'm pretty sure there would be a couple more tall buildings in NYC if there were.