Sarah Palin plans to resign as governor of Alaska

The Dems just aren't gonna stop until she is totally destroyed...

"The independent investigator who has accused Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin of violating state ethics laws is a major donor to the Democratic Party as well as a partner in a law firm that represented Barack Obama's presidential campaign.

Thomas Daniel was hired by the Alaska Personnel Board in late April to investigate several complaints against Palin, including one filed by an Alaska resident who claims the governor used her official position for personal gain by authorizing the creation of a trust to use as her legal defense fund.

In a July 14 report leaked to The Associated Press and major news organizations, Daniel accused Palin of drawing improper gifts and unwarranted benefits. His report recommended that Palin refuse to accept payment from the defense fund and settle the complaint to avoid a formal hearing before the board.

Palin's supporters say the governor, who will resign on Sunday, needs the legal fund because of a quirk in Alaska law that prevents state officials from defending the state's chief executive against ethics allegations.

"The whole situation is nuts," said John Coale, a prominent Washington attorney who helped set up the legal fund, which so far has accepted $500,000 in donations. "Alaska has an ethics law that is unsustainable."

Coale also accused the personnel board of being "either vicious or idiotic" to hire Daniel, whose law firm is closely tied to the Democratic Party.

Daniel has contributed $3,500 in recent years to Democratic causes, including $1,500 to Sen. John Kerry's presidential campaign in 2004 and $1,000 to Alaska Sen. Mark Begich's senatorial campaign last year.

The law firm where he is a partner, Perkins Coie, serves as counsel of record for the Democratic Party and its candidates, and attorneys there recently represented Obama's presidential campaign."

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Dems. are scared of her. She says what most of the middle class thinks. She draws large crowds when she speaks and can raise large amounts of money. During next years congressional races she will be doing just that. This is why the Dems. believe they must stop her

Guest Ralph G. Briscoe
The Dems. are scared of her. She says what most of the middle class thinks. She draws large crowds when she speaks and can raise large amounts of money. During next years congressional races she will be doing just that. This is why the Dems. believe they must stop her

Dems are scared of Caribou Barbie like Brer Rabbit was scared of the briar patch. She's a gift that keeps on giving every time she opens her mouth.

Did you watch her farewell speech? I could eat a can of vegetable soup and crap a more coherent statement. She's got support from 70 percent of Republicans, but only about 20 percent of Americans currently identify themselves as Republicans. Do the math.

What in the world do you see in her? Isn't it obvious that she's just not very smart?

That said, she's probably being subjected to some dubious legal charges...but both sides do that. As Truman said, "if you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen." She couldn't stand the heat.

Scares you too, huh ralph?

+1 :P

Can see her doing the speaking tour for a while reassuring the conservative base and tweaking the liberals. Maybe even run for Alaska Senate spot. Could be a good future choice for VP if a true Conservative were nominated for President.

Scares you too, huh ralph?

I'll admit that she scares me, not because of her stance on a majority of the issue but because of her unusual incompetence. I would be embarrassed to have her representing this nation, even though I do agree with many of her positions.

Incompetence at what, exactly? Political doublespeak? B.S? Her approval numbers in Alaska were extremely high, so apparently a lot of people were pretty happy with someone who tells it like it is, rather than soft-soaping their way out.

Incompetence at what, exactly? Political doublespeak? B.S? Her approval numbers in Alaska were extremely high, so apparently a lot of people were pretty happy with someone who tells it like it is, rather than soft-soaping their way out.

Just remember that the majority is nearly always wrong when it comes to these things. Look who gets elected to any office, for example.

Nevertheless, I have a better understanding of foreign policy than she does, and I didn't get the briefing she did. She has simplistic views of economic policy. She brings religion into the picture. She hasn't done a good job governing Alaska. She isn't very bright. She's not articulate.

I was very drawn to her possible leadership at first, until she started talking. :drama: Besides, recently she seems pretty much like the rest of the politicians.

Guest mustangdave
It would have to be worse that shorting coke and smoking pot.

The left has shown its hand in that it is indeed afraid of Palin. We know how dirty they are, and every fight is a dirty fight. This stinks of that.

Personally I think she is one of "us" and is doing a controlled defensive retreat from a hot zone. Once a new base is established and defended maybe we will hear more. I am for one paying very close attention, now.

The more I watch and hear...the more I think you're onto something TURBO...Like you, I to am paying very close attention to things now.:drama:

I'll admit that she scares me, not because of her stance on a majority of the issue but because of her unusual incompetence. I would be embarrassed to have her representing this nation, even though I do agree with many of her positions.

I had a friend say almost this exact same thing before the 1980 election. Reagan won anyway. I am not saying she is the next Reagan, but I do think her detractors underestimate her. I don't think she will run for office anytime soon. I do believe she will campaign for any conservative candidate who asks her.

Guest Britestar

I simply cannot believe the absolute incompetance of some of the posts I have read here. Only 20% identify themselves as Republicans? What kind of drugs are you on? Read the Stats, if you want to know what happend in the last election to the point that a dem got elected. It was largely in part to the fact that REAL hardcore republicans and conservatives were tired to the dead heads calling themselves Rep. and spending us into oblivion. Little did they know what we got was false promises from a man who promised bipartisim and to be fiscally responsible, both have proved to be LIES. The comment about Palin and being incompetent, well wake up and smell the coffee, no one can stand the liberal press (which is all of it with the exception of Fox News) and come out looking good. From the day she stepped on the scene they attacked her and showed her in a bad light. We know all of us can't be as sharp as Joe Biden (HAAAA) or read a teleprompter as well as Obama. While you mention her farewell speech, while it may not have been her finest moment in speaking you failed to mention her speech at the Republican Nat. Convention. Said to be (even by the liberal press) to be one of the most stirring and motivating speeches in recent history from either party. I would love to see you and eating crapping way try and stand for a moment along side Palin in a debate, but that is something you forget as well that she smoked Biden in the debate. Biden and EXPERINCED debater, and EXPERIENCED politician, an EXPERIENCED Senior

Guest Britestar

I simply cannot believe the absolute incompetance of some of the posts I have read here. Only 20% identify themselves as Republicans? What kind of drugs are you on? Read the Stats, if you want to know what happend in the last election to the point that a dem got elected. It was largely in part to the fact that REAL hardcore republicans and conservatives were tired to the dead heads calling themselves Rep. and spending us into oblivion. Little did they know what we got was false promises from a man who promised bipartisim and to be fiscally responsible, both have proved to be LIES. The comment about Palin and being incompetent, well wake up and smell the coffee, no one can stand the liberal press (which is all of it with the exception of Fox News) and come out looking good. From the day she stepped on the scene they attacked her and showed her in a bad light. We know all of us can't be as sharp as Joe Biden (HAAAA) or read a teleprompter as well as Obama. While you mention her farewell speech, while it may not have been her finest moment in speaking you failed to mention her speech at the Republican Nat. Convention. Said to be (even by the liberal press) to be one of the most stirring and motivating speeches in recent history from either party. I would love to see you and eating crapping way try and stand for a moment along side Palin in a debate, but that is something you forget as well that she smoked Biden in the debate. Biden and EXPERINCED debater, and EXPERIENCED politician, an EXPERIENCED Senior Senator and she smoked him. You both owe Palin an apology but I doubt that will happen cuz it takes class. People that bend the facts and misrepresent the trutch belong working for NBC or CNN or wait maybe you do work for Bill Mahr. Please don't be serving up your:koolaid: here

She couldn't be as bad as what we have now.

You might want to get back on the meds, my man. :rolleyes: This is a discussion board, and so I was offering my opinion. I'm very open to being wrong on my view, but you're sort of reinforcing it rather than discussing it intelligently.

I simply cannot believe the absolute incompetance of some of the posts I have read here. Only 20% identify themselves as Republicans? What kind of drugs are you on? Read the Stats, if you want to know what happend in the last election to the point that a dem got elected. It was largely in part to the fact that REAL hardcore republicans and conservatives were tired to the dead heads calling themselves Rep. and spending us into oblivion. Little did they know what we got was false promises from a man who promised bipartisim and to be fiscally responsible, both have proved to be LIES. The comment about Palin and being incompetent, well wake up and smell the coffee, no one can stand the liberal press (which is all of it with the exception of Fox News) and come out looking good. From the day she stepped on the scene they attacked her and showed her in a bad light. We know all of us can't be as sharp as Joe Biden (HAAAA) or read a teleprompter as well as Obama. While you mention her farewell speech, while it may not have been her finest moment in speaking you failed to mention her speech at the Republican Nat. Convention. Said to be (even by the liberal press) to be one of the most stirring and motivating speeches in recent history from either party. I would love to see you and eating crapping way try and stand for a moment along side Palin in a debate, but that is something you forget as well that she smoked Biden in the debate. Biden and EXPERINCED debater, and EXPERIENCED politician, an EXPERIENCED Senior Senator and she smoked him. You both owe Palin an apology but I doubt that will happen cuz it takes class. People that bend the facts and misrepresent the trutch belong working for NBC or CNN or wait maybe you do work for Bill Mahr. Please don't be serving up your:koolaid: here
She couldn't be as bad as what we have now.

I agree. What appealed to me most about her initially is that she was sort of "common folk" without a lot of mainstream political background.

I voted for McCain, and she was part of the package, but he really disappointed me at the end, too.

I agree. What appealed to me most about her initially is that she was sort of "common folk" without a lot of mainstream political background.

I voted for McCain, and she was part of the package, but he really disappointed me at the end, too.

I too voted MCCain, although not in the primary. In the Nov. election he just was in my eyes, the lesser of two evils.

:)