Sarah Palin plans to resign as governor of Alaska

Report: Palin resigning as Alaska gov - More politics- msnbc.com

NBC News and news services

updated 17 minutes ago

WASILLA, Alaska - Sarah Palin plans to resign as governor of Alaska in a few weeks, KTUU-TV reported Friday.

Palin, the Republican vice presidential candidate in 2008, made the announcement at her home Friday morning, the station said.

Lt. Gov. Sean Parnell will take over at the end of the month, KTUU reported.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 70below

Thats a shame, people there really like her. I would say it would be detrimental to any future political aspirations she may have.

Guest Alpha Dog

Makes one wonder if she is resigning because a scandal of some sort is about to break and she is heading it off????

I hope that is not it, because I like her.

Hope that doesn't hurt her chances if she decides to run in the future.

Shes resigning to concentrate on running for President in 2012. Which I think is stupid. Unless she changes dramatically between now and then I will not be voting for her. In my humble opinion I think she is too extreme. I love her stance on the 2nd amendment but I will not vote for someone solely because of that.

I have to say this one's a headscratcher.....is she going to get a talk show gig or something like that....or is this to get ready to run for President in 2012 ?

I hope not the latter, because she is clearly not Presidential timber. Her debate and campaign trail performances revealed that. Add the personal and political scandals, and it begins to look...not good.

Her pro-life and pro 2A views I appreciate, and she is a compelling personal story. (Also hot ;)) but were she to win the Republican nomination in 2012, Obama would win a 1984 Reagan style landslide.

I have to say this one's a headscratcher.....is she going to get a talk show gig or something like that....or is this to get ready to run for President in 2012 ?

I hope not the latter, because she is clearly not Presidential timber. Her debate and campaign trail performances revealed that. Add the personal and political scandals, and it begins to look...not good.

Her pro-life and pro 2A views I appreciate, and she is a compelling personal story. (Also hot ;)) but were she to win the Republican nomination in 2012, Obama would win a 1984 Reagan style landslide.

She didn't haver any "scandals". She had the Dems and a multitude of lawyers trying to dig stuff up and all they could get was her daughters pregnancy. Even the Dem controlled ethics investigations in AK admittedly couldn't get anything on her and believe you me they tried. I can't blame her one iota for her stance. I just listened to her entire speach and it made perfect sense to me. She wan't going to be a lame duck taking a paycheck from the AK people and vaction like most politicians do. The sound bites they are playing are what make it sound weird.

Guest Swamprunner

I'm not even going to try to defend her. I'll I'm going to say about it is that she is a real person, not a politico. The left have their minds made up, and are scared sh**less.

IMHO she is a disaster as a national candidate.

Quitting in mid term does not endear her to me and she will have to work extremely hard to garner any support from me. If I was a constituent of hers I would be pissed.

Looks to me like the going got tough so she got going.

maybe I am wrong. Who knows?

People from Alaska are a little squirrely anyways ;)

Guest HexHead

There's an AK Senate seat opening up in 2010, and that would give her as much foreign policy exposure as the Messiah had. ;)

this old man agrees with Swamprunner. she is what this nation needs but the nation as a people cannot handle the truth. she makes more sense than any politician that i can remember in a long time. the left is scared of her or they would have left her alone after that farce Mccain lost. i aint looking up the correct spelling if he is spelled wrong

Guest 3pugguy
Report: Palin resigning as Alaska gov - More politics- msnbc.com

NBC News and news services

updated 17 minutes ago

WASILLA, Alaska - Sarah Palin plans to resign as governor of Alaska in a few weeks, KTUU-TV reported Friday.

Palin, the Republican vice presidential candidate in 2008, made the announcement at her home Friday morning, the station said.

Lt. Gov. Sean Parnell will take over at the end of the month, KTUU reported.

It would be nice to believe she is doing this for the good of her family and her state, as she noted in her remarks, i.e. she and the state are engaged in countless hours fighting allegations, etc (and has spent quite a bit of her own money - a case of it being hard to prove a negative. Ask anyone who has fought an allegation such as sexual harassment).

But, odds are she has bigger plans. Tough to keep 'em down on the farm (or up north) once they've seen the big stage and bright lights. It is interesting, though, how much focus was on her clothes, etc, and not much about her record as an Executive of one of our states.

The only way she could overcome all the attacks and negative perceptions and have a chance at national office or even the US Congress, imho, would be if she could put together the same type of PR blitz/campaign machine that launched President Obama into office. Think what you will of our President, but his organization was damned impressive.

I would suppose that she could make a lot more money going on the speaking circuit, or taking a Fox national TV show, than she can make as gov of Alaska. You know what they say, "follow the money." Personally, I can't think of a job more fun than being gov of Alaska.

this old man agrees with Swamprunner. she is what this nation needs but the nation as a people cannot handle the truth. she makes more sense than any politician that i can remember in a long time. the left is scared of her or they would have left her alone after that farce Mccain lost. i aint looking up the correct spelling if he is spelled wrong

This is a great truth!! Anybody that the Demorats and the state run media goes after has great qualities. It's high time that folks wake up to that fact. I like Sarah Palin; she knows who she is and has a backbone. That is a rare commodity in this pitiful society; especially in the ranks of public office holders.

Keep up the good work!!

Kind regards,

LEROY

I don't think she will run for president in 2012. Quitting for no apparent reason is not a good start. I think she has just had enough of the this crap. Media taking shots at her and her family every chance they get. She couldn't even go to a ball game with out some late night hack taking a shot at her daughter.

Guest SUNTZU

^ I agree that this is most likely. I can't see her running in 2012 as a quitter, which is how she will be portrayed. Personally, I'd prefer to see someone new who is a true defender and upholder of the Constitution being a candidate. I'd also like to win the lottery.

Guest 3pugguy
^ I agree that this is most likely. I can't see her running in 2012 as a quitter, which is how she will be portrayed. Personally, I'd prefer to see someone new who is a true defender and upholder of the Constitution being a candidate. I'd also like to win the lottery.

+1...

Hope all is well wherever you all are on this Independence Day evening; we got a nice little storm thru Clarksville a little while back and it's heading east/southeast.