Can we just have a thread to talk?

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GunTroll
Yeah,time to sell off those Birkenstocks to get an air conditioner!

Not sure if I should take offense to that! Only shoes I wear that you can see my toes are my wal-mart bought flip flops. Before that it was my Army supplied shower shoes for keeping my feet off of the funk in the shower. Nasty stuff!

P.S I didn't live in Boulder and despise "hippies"! And besides my AC works just fine! Are you looking for some birkenstocks?:P

Guest db99wj

I have some 15 plus year old Birkenstocks, they use to be comfortable, but the are not anymore. I like my crocs, well fake ones. Just bought some Redhead (basspro) thong sandels...I have toe cleavage. Not the most comfortable things and only wear them when I have to dress up. My merrel water hiking shoes are my favorite shoes. Hippies, that is a fun subject, there are two kinds of hippies IMO. The weird kind that stink and are not cool, and have weird politics, and hug trees, and fur, and bite pillows. The other ones, and I have some friends and realtives that fall into this category, are kinda stuck in time. They like Greatful Dead, they like Phish, they have their nice long beards, and the guys do too, they still like to "party" and all in all, just like to hang out. They probably stink too, but that's ok, I guess.

hippies disappeared in the very early 70's. I know I was there and saw it firsthand.

These people now who are called hippies or claim to be hippies are bastardizing the term. They are not hippies, dunno what to call them, but hippies is not the word.

And yanno? It pisses me off that something from my youth is being missused like this.

Guest db99wj
hippies disappeared in the very early 70's. I know I was there and saw it firsthand.

These people now who are called hippies or claim to be hippies are bastardizing the term. They are not hippies, dunno what to call them, but hippies is not the word.

And yanno? It pisses me off that something from my youth is being missused like this.

The ones I am referring to are typically between the ages of 40-55. These are the ones that "matured" in the 70's. They have a lot of 60's backgroung, but came to age in the 70's. Remember when Ted Nugent toured and was a singer and not a great 2nd amendment advocate!

+1 :P

Guest GunTroll

Hippies started the downfall of our societies morals and there for are the root of all evil and should be held accountable for their crimes against this great nation and man kind! Sorry I'm no Hippie lover and feel obliged to bash them on sight!(Just kidding! For the One who is watching) And for you old hips that saw the error of your ways and "grew up" pat yourself on the back.

cartmanhippies.jpg

Guest db99wj
Hippies started the downfall of our societies morals and there for are the root of all evil and should be held accountable for their crimes against this great nation and man kind! Sorry I'm no Hippie lover and feel obliged to bash them on sight!(Just kidding! For the One who is watching) And for you old hips that saw the error of your ways and "grew up" pat yourself on the back.

cartmanhippies.jpg

See, they do smell and party!!!!

The new breed is the Emo generation. They are continuing the downfall... We should bash them more.

Down with Emo's.

The ones I am referring to are typically between the ages of 40-55. These are the ones that "matured" in the 70's. They have a lot of 60's backgroung, but came to age in the 70's. Remember when Ted Nugent toured and was a singer and not a great 2nd amendment advocate!

if they are at least 50 they can maybe be hippies. The onesI see who think they are hippies nowdays are actually just young men and woman with bad hygene.

I remember when the Nuge toured back then, I was at those concerts!!

I was totally convinced he was on drugs, disappointed when I found out he wasn't.

I would go see him now if he ever came to KNoxville

An 'emo' is a 'very sensitive' person - usually putatively male - who - well, remember crybabies? An emo is someone who not only enjoys being a crybaby, but wants to take it to new heights. They actively look for reasons to put their 'emotional distress' on display in the most public forums possible.

Guest Bluemax

Well here I sit, 42 years old and until a moment ago thought I had a fairly good grasp of the English language; even some of it's urban bastard spin offs and you have to go and throw a new word called "Emo" at me. I tried to understand the definition and try as I might, I keep coming up wit the idea of a gutless person that instead of trying to man up and improve his and possibly his families lot in life; instead call themselves "EMO's" to try and legitimize their slothful laziness. I never heard the word EMO come out of John Wayne's mouth or even metrosexual for that matter..sounds like another word for pu**y to me

Here's a bad situation: It's 9:20 pm, the light bulb just burned out in the library, there are no replacements on hand, and you want to read for a few minutes.

At my house, I'd just grab my book and go to the other library.