.375 Chey-Tac

anybody here know anything about the .375Chey-Tac?

from what i can find out, its a .408 casing with a .375 bullet. with the right bullet, its supposed to be capable of approx 2800 yards kill shot.

on a sniper forum that i was reading on, its supposed to be the hottest thing going right now as far as anti-personnel, extreme long range rounds go.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck getting one. Chey-tac isn't too fond of letting their "good" rifles go to civilians... You can buy a "sporter" edition, but no cool toys for you, from them.

I don't know if they have changed their offerings recently but when I was looking to get one of their M200 rifles they asked if I was a civilian then offered one of the sporter rifles when I said no they told me that was all I could get.

:cool:

Edited by Mike
Guest GunTroll

Well thats a turn off from them! Thanks! I would think there are better out there anyways. Customer service for sure based off of your experience.

I googled around and can't find any long range .375 caliber bullets that I would consider "tactical".

Guest GunTroll

I just read an article on the civilian model and the MSRP the article figured was like $10k. This article wasn't a fan of the company. I'm gonna see if I can find it and post a link.

http://armedandsafe.blogspot.com/2009/05/cheytac-no-longer-discriminating.html

But then I found this.....

http://www.shop.onedgetacticalsupply.com/product.sc;jsessionid=B1D22915A74D6CD4AB22BB706914598A.qscstrfrnt01?productId=1608

And their price is no where near the 10k mark. More like $1400.00

Edited by GunTroll

Yes but if you looked at the fine print on the $1399 rilfe it states :

MODEL : CHEYTAC M200 SNIPER DESCRIPTION : FOLDING BI-POD, RETRACTABLE BUTT STOCK, QD SYSTEM, CNC MOST OF PARTS, ADJUSTABLE CHEEK PIECE, EASY UPGRADE POWER, LICENSED MARKING. EASY CHANGE SYSTEM : GAS/SPRING /CO2/PAINTBALL. INCLUDING :3.5-10X50mm SCOPE AND MOUNT, SPRING BOLT, SPRING MAGAZINE TYPE : GAS (134a RECOMMENDED) MATERIAL : NYLON FIBER + Al ALLOY MOTOR : N/A LENGTH (mm) : 1240-1390mm WEIGHT (g) : 8650 FIRING MODE : BOLT ACTION, SINGLE MAGAZINE (rds, 6mm) : 23/120 rds GAS/SPRING MAGAZINE HOP UP : MATCH GRADE ADJUSATBLE VELOCITY (fps) : 350-380 NOTE: THIS IS A AIRSOFT RIFLE. THIS IS NOT THE REAL FIREARM !!

On Edge Tactical Supply : CHEYTAC M200 SNIPER (TAN)

And their price is no where near the 10k mark. More like $1400.00

That first quote might be more accurate.

From the 2nd link:

MODEL : CHEYTAC M200 SNIPER DESCRIPTION : FOLDING BI-POD, RETRACTABLE BUTT STOCK, QD SYSTEM, CNC MOST OF PARTS, ADJUSTABLE CHEEK PIECE, EASY UPGRADE POWER, LICENSED MARKING. EASY CHANGE SYSTEM : GAS/SPRING /CO2/PAINTBALL. INCLUDING :3.5-10X50mm SCOPE AND MOUNT, SPRING BOLT, SPRING MAGAZINE TYPE : GAS (134a RECOMMENDED) MATERIAL : NYLON FIBER + Al ALLOY MOTOR : N/A LENGTH (mm) : 1240-1390mm WEIGHT (g) : 8650 FIRING MODE : BOLT ACTION, SINGLE MAGAZINE (rds, 6mm) : 23/120 rds GAS/SPRING MAGAZINE HOP UP : MATCH GRADE ADJUSATBLE VELOCITY (fps) : 350-380 NOTE: THIS IS A AIRSOFT RIFLE. THIS IS NOT THE REAL FIREARM !!

EDIT: Dammit. hkusp beat me to it!

Guest GunTroll

HAHAHAHAH, I didn't even see that! $1400 for airsoft?:P That would be the biggest dork move ever! I mean who is into this stuff!? I saw alot of guys in the Army playing this crap. Mostly 18 year olds. LOSERS!

HAHAHAHAH, I didn't even see that! $1400 for airsoft?:screwy: That would be the biggest dork move ever! I mean who is into this stuff!? I saw alot of guys in the Army playing this crap. Mostly 18 year olds. LOSERS!

Well, if you do it right, it's good training. If throwing M&M's at a dixie cup made me a better marksman, I would do that too. I don't play airsoft, btw, but see nothing wrong with it. Although, spending that much on an airsoft rifle is pretty retarded.

Edited by ab28
Guest GunTroll

Why wouldn't 338 Lapua be capable of going 2000 yds? A 22LR can go that far. Obviously not were you would want it to land consistently but it'll go.

What you got to think about is the purpose. Punching paper or skulls? Paper, 338 Lapua will punch and be accurate enough. I've seen it! 338 Lapua at 2000 yds would still have enough energy to penetrate tissue and..well you know.

Why is the general consensus....bigger is better. Faster is better. Heavier is better? How about marksmanship is better, learn the flight path/arc and learn wind.

I like the big stuff but come on. You'll probably learn more from the little stuff. And screw a company that puts limits on who gets there top of the line stuff. Buy the civilian version for 10k or whatever and still have a rifle that they (Cheytac) considers less than perfect.