Restaurant Carry Hearing

Guest benchpresspower

Guest benchpresspower

I have one question on this hearing scheduled for Monday July 13th. Is the NRA going to have any representatives present to balk back at the Restaurant Association?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest HexHead
I have one question on this hearing scheduled for Monday July 13th. Is the NRA going to have any representatives present to balk back at the Restaurant Association?

I hate to say this, but I've seen no indications that they intend to do anymore than hang us out to dry on Monday. I'm hoping the AG is eloquent enough to just get this dismissed.

• Administrator

Let me be clear about this:

The hearing on Monday is not an interactive debate. The only persons who shall be heard at the hearing are the involved attorney(s) and the involved complainants.

This is why I specified, very clearly, that anyone who attends to show support for HB0962 is to do so SILENTLY. This means no signs, no facial gestures, no groans, no grunts, no comments, no "Amens", no interjections of any sort PERIOD.

The NRA nor any of its representatives are not designated as parties of interest in the complaint filed therefore they, nor any of us, will be allowed to voice our opinion. This is not a trial. It is not a town hall meeting. It is a hearing of a complaint filed by Rayburn, et al.

I want everyone to be very clear on this fact before they attend. Anyone who shows disrespect to the court by interrupting the proceedings will likely be thrown out and perhaps found in contempt. If you choose to attend, do not embarrass the cause of Tennessee's HCP holders and gun owners through your actions or appearance.

Thanks.

What if they think we're there to support the restaurant ass? Maybe we should sit silently, respectfully, and politely wearing our TGO swag? (hats, shirts, ect...) I know you said in the other message to wear nicer clothes as not to portray a negative stereotype, but how will the court, media, or whomever know whether we are there to support our rights and HBO962 or the commie restaurant ass?

Edited by Shima
Guest Doc44

Bet they won't even let you in with a empty, open carry holster with a cell phone in it.... turned off of course.... but you could drop it and it go off.

This whole thing is such a load of crap.

Doc44

Guest Phantom6

Well, you can't wear a hat in the courtroom but I would see nothing at all wrong with carrying it in your hand. Pinning a TGO card to your shirt picket wouldn't be a bad thing either. If you choose to identify yourself as a member then what ever you do follow David's instructions and be polite and respectfull. If you have any question as to what htat means then I would suggest that you not go. No sense embarassing yourself and the rest of us when you show up on TV portrayed as another "gun totin' redneck." If it goes well then feel free to tell anyone that will listen that it is "a proud day for law abiding citizens of this great state." If it goes sour simply shake your head and say that "this is not only a sad day for the constitution of the state of Tennessee but a sad day for the law abiding citizens as well." If you have no TGO hat or card carry a Glock, Sig Sauer, Colt, Remington, Bass Pro Shop, etc. cap. An empty holster is not a good idea IMO.

Guest Doc44
Well, you can't wear a hat in the courtroom but I would see nothing at all wrong with carrying it in your hand. Pinning a TGO card to your shirt picket wouldn't be a bad thing either. If you choose to identify yourself as a member then what ever you do follow David's instructions and be polite and respectfull. If you have any question as to what htat means then I would suggest that you not go. No sense embarassing yourself and the rest of us when you show up on TV portrayed as another "gun totin' redneck." If it goes well then feel free to tell anyone that will listen that it is "a proud day for law abiding citizens of this great state." If it goes sour simply shake your head and say that "this is not only a sad day for the constitution of the state of Tennessee but a sad day for the law abiding citizens as well." If you have no TGO hat or card carry a Glock, Sig Sauer, Colt, Remington, Bass Pro Shop, etc. cap. An empty holster is not a good idea IMO.

Empty holster was stated as sarcasum.... JOKE... will be more careful... don't want an A D.

Doc44

Edited by Doc44
Guest HexHead
If you choose to identify yourself as a member then what ever you do follow David's instructions and be polite and respectfull.

I completely agree that if you're going to go representing TGO in any way, you need to follow David's lead.

Keeping in mind that our opponents haven't treated us with any respect whatsoever, calling us everything under the sun short of child molesters, from vigilantes to Barney Fifes and have been anything but polite.

And while I also agree that this wouldn't be the venue, but just when do we take the gloves off and say we've had enough? When there's no place left we can carry short of camping in a State park? From where I'm sitting, polite and respectful isn't getting us anywhere. Yes, we got legislators on our side and got the legislation pushed through, but it's a whole different ball game now. The rules are different.

And as for the empty holster thing, why was it considered such a good idea for college students to do it, to show they didn't want to be disarmed on a gun free zone on campus any longer, but such a bad idea for us?

Edited by HexHead
This is why I specified, very clearly, that anyone who attends to show support for HB0962 is to do so SILENTLY. This means no signs, no facial gestures, no groans, no grunts, no comments, no "Amens", no interjections of any sort PERIOD.

What's the point of showing up to "support" the gun side when no one will know which side you support? How do you "support" either side "silently"? Are we going to wear certain shirts or something? I saw this same language posted in the board's bulletin and it made no sense there either, so I thought I'd ask.

if this was taking place in Knoxville I would be in attendance in my work clothes.

there is no shame in dressing like an honest man taking time from a busy day earning a living.

Wish I could go but Davidson is too far.

I wholeheartedly agree in being respectful.

Heres hoping the "right" decision is rendered.

Guest tonybon

just my opion but the job of a judge is to uphold the law not make the law. the law has already been made. if no laws were broken in the process of making the law. then, where do they have a case anyway? but judges do over step their bounds sometimes. just my two cents worth.

Guest crotalus01

Someone should post those dildos contact info so we can rub their faces in it. As stated earlier, they have been anything but polite - I see no reason not to sink to their level in victory.