Discussion on posted restaurants

Well, one of my FAVORITE Restaurants has POSTED today. Bar-B-Cutie on Donelson Pike posted. I spoke with the female manager there this afternoon and told her who I was and that my husband had been murdered in a restaurant. I told her that her POSTING was a direct invitation for Bad Guys to come in and KILL countless amounts of people knowing that there will be nobody there to protect themselves. She does not agree with me. She kept saying the entire time that she cannot police people and ask every person that comes in the door that has a gun, if they have a permit. Her line of thinking is so incredibly silly. I told her that a bad guy will come in there with a gun anyway. When seconds count, the police are minutes away. I told her that the police will get there in just enough time to put up crime scene tape and take pictures of her dead employees & patrons. She would not budge. I gave her my article from the Tennessean. I also told her that her posting was not VALID. It was her own created "no guns allowed" sign and it is not a proper post. I told her that I WILL NOT BE BACK. This is so ridiculous.

Guest crotalus01

In Memphis:

Blue Monkey both locations (Midtown on Madison and Germantown Parkway in Cordova)

Molly's La Casita on Madison

Boscoes on Madison

Le Chardonay on Madison

Bayou Bar and Grill on Madison

All improper postings. Sorry, no contact info as I will never set foot in any of these places until they take the signs down...

Ahhhh Breakers Sports Bar. I have MANY times seen people served WAY too much alcohol there. These people then get behind the wheel of ONE HUGE BULLET and drive. So it's okay to get people smashed who have car keys but they are afraid of a law abiding citizen (who is not allowed by law to drink) from carrying their legal firearm in their establishment. Oh wait....that's right, the people that will die will be out on the road and not in their bar....so that somehow makes it okay? Hmmm......

Guest Isaac

The Corner Bar on Elliston in Nashville will be posting.

I run karaoke there, and the owner told me he was posting, but I haven't seen the signs yet to know whether or not they are proper.

Oh, and Hi Nikki :screwy:

Just found out that Sportsman's Grill (yes.....SPORTSMAN'S Grill) will be POSTING NO GUNS ALLOWED. I talked to a manager at the Hillsboro location on the phone today that told me this. A Lawmaker that voted for the restaurant carry bill actually knows the owner and thought it may have been a good place for all of us to have dinner together on July 14th as a sit in. Looks like just another person who is NOT a true 2nd Amendment Supporter and does not really believe in our Constitution and disguises himself as a 2nd Amendment Supporter by running an establishment that bears the name of people that CARRY FIREARMS....SPORTSMAN. This is just so sad.

Sportsman's Grille

Just found out that Sportsman's Grill (yes.....SPORTSMAN'S Grill) will be POSTING NO GUNS ALLOWED. I talked to a manager at the Hillsboro location on the phone today that told me this. A Lawmaker that voted for the restaurant carry bill actually knows the owner and thought it may have been a good place for all of us to have dinner together on July 14th as a sit in. Looks like just another person who is NOT a true 2nd Amendment Supporter and does not really believe in our Constitution and disguises himself as a 2nd Amendment Supporter by running an establishment that bears the name of people that CARRY FIREARMS....SPORTSMAN. This is just so sad.

Sportsman's Grille

Guest HexHead
I also told her that her posting was not VALID. It was her own created "no guns allowed" sign and it is not a proper post.

Nikki, in the future it's best NOT to bring that up.

Yea I know....in a way I was kind of just showing her how "uneducated" she was. She does not even know how to properly post. I mean, if she really feels that strongly about it, she should make for darn sure she posts correctly. I know, I know....we don't want to help them post correctly so we can legally still carry there. I guess I was just so pissed when I saw it, I became a little un-glued and got a little smarty pants on her. Yes, I can be a little bitchy sometimes (it is rare). The funny thing is....I have driven past there everyday since and she STILL does not have a correct posting up. Believe me, I won't be saying anything else to her about it. I just laugh when I drive by thinking......Lady you really have no clue do you?!

So let me get this correct.....if the restaurant is improperly posted and you carry anyway, if they do find out or suspect you have a weapon, you CANNOT be arrested....only asked to leave and then if you don't you CAN be arrested for trespassing. Correct?

So let me get this correct.....if the restaurant is improperly posted and you carry anyway, if they do find out or suspect you have a weapon, you CANNOT be arrested....only asked to leave and then if you don't you CAN be arrested for trespassing. Correct?

If a LEO shows up, it's up to HIM/HER whether you can be arrested.

Cops ain't lawyers or judges.

Make a scene and the charge is likely disorderly conduct, or failure to obey, or something, in which case the sign has no meaning anymore anyway.

- OS

why would you want to go there when she made it clear you are not welcome?

Yes improper posting mean nothing, unless you do not leave when asked.

Concealed is concealed and no one will ever know if you do your part.

I am guessing this legislative session may well result in HCP holders having less places to legally carry than more.

Guest JHatmaker

Sportsman's Grille

Seriously!? One of my favorite places to eat.....maybe they will post incorrectly intentionally. You make a good point, why would a restaurant in honor of "sportsmen" (or sportspeople ;))

why would you want to go there when she made it clear you are not welcome?

Yes improper posting mean nothing, unless you do not leave when asked.

Concealed is concealed and no one will ever know if you do your part.

I am guessing this legislative session may well result in HCP holders having less places to legally carry than more.

Yep..already heard of a few non alcohol places jumping in; I guess they never really thought about it till all the hoopla.

Parks are probably now going to get a lot more eyes on now, too. Course, it was already illegal to carry "prohibited weapons" in them, just sayin....

- OS

In Memphis:

Blue Monkey both locations (Midtown on Madison and Germantown Parkway in Cordova)

Molly's La Casita on Madison

Boscoes on Madison

Le Chardonay on Madison

Bayou Bar and Grill on Madison

All improper postings. Sorry, no contact info as I will never set foot in any of these places until they take the signs down...

I ate the Blue Monkey downtown on front street last week for lunch and I looked all over and did not see a posted sign anywhere.

Guest 270win

I doubt anyone would know what kind of proper sign there is to put up. If no one puts up a proper sign, then don't say anything about it. Better for them to stupidly put up the wrong sign than to correct their stupidity with the RIGHT sign. Conceal properly and don't worry.

Guest Bill Cooksey
Seriously!? One of my favorite places to eat.....maybe they will post incorrectly intentionally. You make a good point, why would a restaurant in honor of "sportsmen" (or sportspeople :))

I was thinking the same thing with regards to intentionally posting incorrectly. I could easily see an owner thinking something like, "I don't have a problem with decent folks carrying in my place, and the sniveling weenies who think a gun will crawl out of its holster and across the floor to shoot them in the face will feel all warm and cozy here if there is a simple drawing of a gun with a line through it on the door. Now the good folks will be there to keep bad things from happening, and the weenies will still come in to get smashed and spend their money."

Yup.....I never thought about owners doing that but I guess there are some that probably will intentionally put up a non-valid sign just to cover all the bases. Let's make all the shiny happy people holding hands "feel better" and also keep the realists in here that know what can happen "armed".

Edited by ngoeser59
Yup.....I never thought about owners doing that but I guess there are some that probably will intentionally put up a non-valid sign just to cover all the bases. Let's make all the shiny happy people holding hands "feel better" and also keep the realists in here that know what can happen "armed".

+1

When I happen upon a place improperly posted I am going to say a quick thank you to the good lord for let this owner/manager be to stupid to post the correct signage or for letting them be a smart business person and soothing all hearts.

:P

I went to Raffertys in Jackson tonight and being a good citizen and so close to the 14th that I disarmed before I went in. There are no signs yet and really don't think there will be(???). Anyway as I was sitting there eating I noticed this man get up to go to the restroom and he was OCing. Later he stood over by the railing waiting on someone before they left. I don't know if he had his dates mixed up or just didn't care.

I went to Raffertys in Jackson tonight and being a good citizen and so close to the 14th that I disarmed before I went in. There are no signs yet and really don't think there will be(???). Anyway as I was sitting there eating I noticed this man get up to go to the restroom and he was OCing. Later he stood over by the railing waiting on someone before they left. I don't know if he had his dates mixed up or just didn't care.

What's amazing (to some anyway) is that no one else cared. :D

Is it possible it could have been an off duty officer or an officer in plain clothes? Keep in mind the law allowing them carry went into effect already...

But, I'm not surprised nobody noticed.