TGO Middle Tennessee HB0962 Victory Dinner -- Tuesday, July 14th.

RSVP by indicating your attendance.  

32 members have voted

1. 1. RSVP by indicating your attendance.

• YES, I will be there.
    • I won't be there but I'm voting because I like polls.

• Administrator

OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT:

Middle Tennessee members of TGO are invited to a victory dinner celebrating the successful adoption of House Bill 0962 (Provision for carry by HCP holders in restaurants that serve alcohol) as LAW. Come and join us as we celebrate the triumph of common sense legislation!

WHEN: Tuesday, July 14th 2009. 7pm - 9pm.

WHERE: Pie In The Sky Pizza. 1770 Galleria Blvd # A, Franklin, TN. (CLICK HERE FOR MAP)

TGO's own Nikki Goeser will be attending and will be calling in LIVE to the NRA "Cam & Company" radio show from the restaurant. We will be sending a group picture to Cam, hopefully to be used in the simultaneous web-broadcast and for posting on their web site. :)

IMPORTANT NOTES:

I spoke with the PITS management this evening and they were gracious enough to allow us the chance to meet and dine there tomorrow in their "meeting room". At present they do not have any intent to post their property as prohibited for carry. HOWEVER, they do reserve the right to change that later if their willingness to support HCP holders is abused in any way that is detrimental to their business.

That said, I am requiring the following:

If you carry, you must carry concealed. They do not want us ruffling the feathers of their other paying customers by walking around their establishment openly carrying. I do not care what your personal opinions are on open carry. The desire of the property owner is that we conceal, so we will conceal. Period.

There will be no drinking of alcoholic beverages by any member of our party, regardless of their unarmed status. The media will likely be watching our group and any other TGO group that meets for meals tomorrow at predetermined places and times. Therefore it is imperative that NO ONE from our parties drinks alcohol at these gatherings. It doesn't matter if you are unarmed or not. Non-alcoholic beverages only.

Please, please, please tip well and be gracious to our hosts and hostesses. Leave the waitstaff with a positive impression and thank the manager, if possible, for affording us the opportunity to dine in their establishment.

Finally, if you can make it, please vote accordingly in the poll attached to this thread. :)

See you there!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be there. Looking forward to it. Good thinking on the rules too. We need to maintain the best possible image, especially when gathered in groups specifically to exercise this very important right. Can't wait to meet everyone.

Edited by LagerHead
Guest JHatmaker

Excellent! One of my favorite Pizza chains in Nashville (we actually had Pie in the Sky tonight!) But I'll eat it twice in row.

See you tomorrow!

Hey David, would you mind bringing the Glock slide you did for me? Dinner is on me!

• Administrator
add +1 for the wife to my count in the poll

I think we may end up with more people than we are expecting.

That's a good problem. :)

PITS can accommodate between 50-60 in their meeting room area. If we fill it, then we don't have to share it with any other groups. So the more the merrier.

As a side note, when you arrive just ask to be seated with the TGO group.

Guest JHatmaker
Glock slide? What Glock slide? I've got a spiffy Glock paperweight that I'd let you have though. :)

See you tomorrow!

Haha, so true. I told you I was in no rush....

Guest JHatmaker
I'm planning on being there, with my little man in tow. Should be a good time!

How old is your son? I have a three year, I was thinking about bringing him b/c the wife goes to bed early (yes, before 9pm :D). But figured he might be a handful, if there was another youngin' there they may entertain each other.

Guest themark712
How old is your son? I have a three year, I was thinking about bringing him b/c the wife goes to bed early (yes, before 9pm :D). But figured he might be a handful, if there was another youngin' there they may entertain each other.

He's four. Go ahead and bring him ... mine is usually fairly sociable. :D

Dare I... dare I attempt to post this here?

After placing my vote to attend tonight, dare I type it as well?

Should I be so bold as to stand and shake my (digital) fist in the face of fate? That mocking cruel trickster (-->:D <--) that has blocked me at every turn in making it to an official TGO gathering!

I must! I must! :D

Hey guys. See you there. :)

(Orrrrr will I? Hmmmm...)