Best Arrow Rest???

Guest walkingdeadman

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like the Whisker Biscuit. My dad and brother both have one, and they work great. My dads does chew up a fletching every now and then, but it doesn't seen to be a problem with accuracy or speed.

I plan to get either a Whisker Biscuit or an Octane Hostage (similar to the biscuit except the fletchings don't tocuh) soon. Octane Hostage Arrow Rest and Replacement Brushes

They are the ticket although there is a newer knock off of it that has like 6 brushes and won't mess with your vanes. If I can find it again I'll post it.

You won't have any issues with a biscuit though. Since I put one on the PSE its like night and day over the ole two prong rest. Get one and hunt!

Guest Jcochran88

I have used the Whisker Biscuit for years now. I absolutely love it. No more dropping arrows. It will take better bow discipline on your follow through over a drop away rest though.

Guest walkingdeadman

thanks so far guys...might try to get out and shop around for one this weeekend. like to have one by next week.

Guest Jcochran88

It is a rest that is flat when bow is at rest, but when you draw back there is a string or some sort that pulls the rest up and lines it up for a shot. When arrow is released the rest falls leaving nothing touching the arrow so as long as you aim is good not as much follow through to deal with.

alot of the pro's shoot these.

Guest walkingdeadman

nice...but technically that wouldn't be good for hunting because the whisker biscuit, or types like the biscuit actaully hold the arrow in place so it wont make any noise in the woods..correct?? just learning here. sorry..im a lil slow

Guest Rem_700

I have the Hostage rest with the replaceable brushes.I love it,I've been shooting with it for a year now,and the brushes doesn't show no signs of needing replaced.

Guest Jcochran88
nice...but technically that wouldn't be good for hunting because the whisker biscuit, or types like the biscuit actaully hold the arrow in place so it wont make any noise in the woods..correct?? just learning here. sorry..im a lil slow

Not really they make them with a piece that holds the arrow in place

also, by pro's I meant hunting pro's not just archery pro's.

Personally speaking, I'd take the Muzzy Zero Effect rest over a whisker biscuit any day. It's a cable operated drop away rest that prevents arrow knock-off & doesn't rely on a tie to the cables. Bit of a pig to set up, but ultra-reliable, gives zero fletch contact & self-centres your arrow.

Guest 1shot

With the whisker biscuit I use Marco vanes and they really last and don't wrinkle up. I still have the old full circle whisker biscuit on my bow and seam not to be able to wear it out. If I ever do I will replace it with split biscuit for easier arrow placement.

Guest redbarron06

WB is a good rest for hunting especailly if you do a lot of spot and stalk. I humt mostly from a treee stand and use a Trophy Ridge Drop Zone drop away. The WB is plenty for hunting but is not as accurite as longer ranges as some of the 2 prong or drop away rests. I used mine with Blazer vanes and never had a problem. When I first starting using it I was using feather fletching. It seems that after an arrow wasn shot through the biscuit about 20 times it would start fraying and be even more accurite than when they were new.

The fraying feathers probably slowed it down a smidge but did more of what the vanes are for which is to slow the back end of the arrow down so it's always trailing the front. The little bit of spin they put on the arrow also helps stabilize it as well but has anyone ever seen those arrows they use to shoot at birds? Looks like a fuzz ball on the end. You could probably get the same effect by just putting flares on the knock end if you got a super good alignment of the arrow to the rest. If you ever see the slow motion footage of an arrow in flight, you'll see the thing bends like jello the first several feet. The back end slowing it down keeps it from tumbling. Neat huh!

Guest walkingdeadman

i shot some tonight with mine...i have to get another rest soon. I am tired of fighting the arrow with it steadily falling off.what a joke my bow is sometime. or maybe it is just the shooter?ha

i shot some tonight with mine...i have to get another rest soon. I am tired of fighting the arrow with it steadily falling off.what a joke my bow is sometime. or maybe it is just the shooter?ha

Definitely the operator..... I kid, I kid. I think the both of us need a new arrow rest.

Guest walkingdeadman

Well i ended up going with the hostage last night. I have not had a chance to put it on. I figured I would give it a shot, since it was the under-dog to whisker biscuit. Is there any trick that I need to know before putting this sucker on?

Guest walkingdeadman

Well opened up the package to the arrow rest. Needless to say I am taking it back, I do not care for plastic parts to terribly much and it felt cheap, so I am going back to get the aluminum one( i think it is aluminum). Anyway, I will give a review by the end of the week.

I have shot about all of them and for hunting it is hard to beat the whisker biscuit. Competition shooting requires something better, but I don't think that I will ever change away from the whisker biscuit after hunting 4 seasons with it now. It holds the arrow great and I can shoot little bitty groups with it. Got my first Robinhood using a whisker biscuit, at 30 yards. Probably dumb luck, but the groups are small with it always. I don't hunt or even practice past 40 yards.