Hooters doesn't care

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kirkosaurus
Their wings suck anyway. Buffalo Wild Wings are better. Girls can be seen anywhere.

Too bad I won't be trying them as Buffalo Wild Wings is posted.

if i went in in the past, i was usually drinking and it was illegal to carry in a restaurant anyway. now that its legal, i wont go to any resaurant that refuses to let me carry in there. i still wont carry if im drinking but i wont support those who dont support our rights either.

Guess I'll be the only one throwing Hooters some love here ;)

I went to Hooters on Kingston Pike Wednesday night for all you can eat wings.

They were delicious, especially enjoyed the boneless style.

They are posted, big old legally worded 1359 sign on the outer doors.

The one thing I thought very ironic. The waitress pressured us to buy liquor drinks. Seems they have some contest for who can sell the most liquor. It about got annoying, especially after I told her I was driving and I do not drink in public anyway. She said one or two woould not hurt anything.

so it seems Hooters does not want my handgun there, but they have no problem with wanting me liquored up and plowing home in a 2000 lb + vehicle.

Anyway, if I want wings I will go there but I am not buying liquor or beer from them.

but i wont support those who dont support our rights either.

now playing devils advocate, Hooters has every right to post their property.

It is wrong for them to exercise their rights? Should they not support your rights as you do not support their rights? Thats kind of what you are saying.

to be clear I was not cutting you down for how you thought.

I agree with you.

Aside from if I need to gets my wings on I order plain wings w/ hot sauce on the side

i totally understand. i like the devils advocate every once in awhile.

i just go there from time to time with my wife but there has never been a real draw for me. the food is ok, as is the atmosphere and in a military town, it doesnt take much to get hired on. if i was a younger private id probably go more. i did enjoy it while in florida. the women tend to take better care of themselves down there. but i could see more at the beach and not worry about the ok wings :P

Guest 270win

I didn't know there were proper signs at Buffalo Wild Wings. I have not seen them at the restaurant at the Stage Road location in Memphis. I ate there this week and carried as usual.

I don't think protesting would really matter. As long as a business doesn't have the proper signs, I'll follow the law and do as I see fit because I conceal a snubbie. Few of these private property owners are going the lengths to put up proper signs at the proper locations to make it legal. If you conceal, why worry? I like to keep a low profile....except of course when at Baptist Minor Med..hahaha...then it is snubbie on the tray with the rest of my stuff!

Thankfully, it is a choice we have the freedom to make. We respect those customers who decide not to patronize our business because of this decision."

No beating around the bush or patronizing someone they don’t agree with. I have to respect that.

The in downtown Nashville one sucks anyway. I didn't notice a sign on their door when I walked past it last week. I'd rather walk the extra distance to the Flying Saucer for wings anyway. Surprisingly they're not posted (yet...)

Guest grimel
I went to Hooters on Kingston Pike Wednesday night for all you can eat wings.

so it seems Hooters does not want my handgun there, but they have no problem with wanting me liquored up and plowing home in a 2000 lb + vehicle.

Anyway, if I want wings I will go there but I am not buying liquor or beer from them.

Dude, it is safer to drink the liquor and beer than eat the food.

The Hooters in Hermitage is full of skanks anyways.

Basically the chicks at most of the Hooters here in Nashville are washed up whores that don't qualify to work at the sleaziest strip clubs.

Last time I was there me and Paletiger waited around 30 mins for a server but never got one so we left. We haven't been back there yet, plus the wings sucks ass.

Plus if you watch them get dropped off, they are usually with their boyfriends in a 1989 Ford Thunderbird just like what you see get dropped off at the lower class strip clubs. Seen that happen once there also.

Guest db99wj
I eat wings at Mr. P's on Murfreesboro Road. Way better wings there anyway.

They do have good wings.

Their wings suck anyway. Buffalo Wild Wings are better. Girls can be seen anywhere.

Hasn't Buffalo Wild Wings posted as well?

Guest logicprevails

I haven't found a really good wing place around here. Hooter's sucks, BWW sucks, Wing Basket's decent. I just keep a fryer handy and a pantry full of Anchor Bar sauce. Can't beat Anchor Bar.

• 2 weeks later...
now playing devils advocate, Hooters has every right to post their property.

It is wrong for them to exercise their rights? Should they not support your rights as you do not support their rights? Thats kind of what you are saying.

No one has the right to tell me I cannot defend myself. As I respect the law and police officers, I won't carry wherever legal signs are posted. Any place legally posted just won't get my business. I don't carry at MTSU because of the law, as well. I believe we should be able to carry anywhere. The property owner's rights do not supercede your right to self defense, sorry.

No one has the right to tell me I cannot defend myself. As I respect the law and police officers, I won't carry wherever legal signs are posted. Any place legally posted just won't get my business. I don't carry at MTSU because of the law, as well. I believe we should be able to carry anywhere. The property owner's rights do not supercede your right to self defense, sorry.

:bowrofl:

And what planet do you get this from? If I do not want you armed on my property you have no business being there with a gun. That is the bottom line. Your rights do not supercede my rights as a property owner.

Seriously, where did you come up with this?

:screwy:

And what planet do you get this from? If I do not want you armed on my property you have no business being there with a gun. That is the bottom line. Your rights do not supercede my rights as a property owner.

+1

Not that I personally would do so, but if I decide not to let you carry on my property, I am not taking away your rights to protect yourself. I am giving you a choice. You can either disarm or not enter my property.

Probably read all the posts saying concealed is concealed, wink, wink.

Guest HexHead

Maybe from the precedent of the other states that don't allow businesses that are open to the public to post? Or the ones where the signs carry no force of law?

I got a questionnaire the other day from my State representative asking what legislation I'd like to see considered in the next session. That's going to be one of my suggestions, that businesses that are open to the public can't post.