Training Locations

Does anyone have access to property that could be used for hosting some training classes? We have trainers close to the area that would be willing to offer classes if there was a suitable location. I know a lot of folks may have liability issues with allowing said training on their property but could likely be solved with waivers.

Open for any ideas or suggestions on the subject. Preferred in the middle TN area.

Edited by 10Kilr
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest coldblackwind

Talk to the viola range, perhaps he would let you use that? I know he rents it out to groups occasionally, the first time I stopped by it was rented to a church group.

Guest coldblackwind

Lol, go to viola, its just about the only thing in town. Coming from manchester/hillsboro, go just past the little grocery store, turn right at the first right past the store, by the grass patch with the bleachers, head up the road a little ways (1/4-1/2 mile?) and you'll see a sign on the left saying viola valley gun range or something along those lines. Its clearly marked, I can't remember the exact wording, but its pretty clear what it is. The road it points down ends at the range.

• Administrator

Smyrna's range is too small for us to bring the Magpul Dynamics guys into and so far I've been unable to find any other property that would work for a MD class. So sign me up as another person looking for property to host a class on.

:woohoo:

I am also very interested in property that i can rent to host Israeli Combat Training sessions on. Please keep me informed as well if possible.

Thank you

Smryna has a nice range but the dynamics are limited. They will not allow shooting at night either.

Offer is still out there, provide the site and most instructors will let you train for free. I'll help arrange the class and pay my dues.

How big of a place is needed? What about Terry Waldens place? The pistol range isn't real big, but the Blocked off area that middle tennessee shooters uses I think is barricaded on 3 sides, has make shift buildings and a car on it.

Large enough for 12-15 shooters and all the movement that goes along with it. If this is a public range the owner would have to be agreeable to shutting it down for a couple of days.

Guest cowboy20th

here is a better question. Why doesn't TGO have its own range? We could probably find some cheap bank owned or government repo land around here somewhere. Employees would be cheap and probably free since most of us would work it in our spare time no problem.

Did not mean to thread high jack, just wanted to throw that out there as a possible solution.

Guest clsutton21
Smyrna's range is too small for us to bring the Magpul Dynamics guys into and so far I've been unable to find any other property that would work for a MD class. So sign me up as another person looking for property to host a class on.

:)

You could try Arnold AFB. We used it in my handgun permit class. I'm sure you'd have to find a day that they weren't doing their own training though.

I have some land at my place it just all depends on what your training will consist of before I know if it would work for you?Oh Im in WhiteHouse just North of Nashville.

An area large enough for a firing line of 10-15 shooters to safely move and fire weapons. A large enough back stop to fire into so safety is not an issue. If there are any neighbors then they would need to be advised so there are no problems as well.

How much land do you have and would you be willing to host a class with a reputable trainer?

An area large enough for a firing line of 10-15 shooters to safely move and fire weapons. A large enough back stop to fire into so safety is not an issue. If there are any neighbors then they would need to be advised so there are no problems as well.

How much land do you have and would you be willing to host a class with a reputable trainer?

And a trainer that would make certain you receive your range fees as a thank you for allowing us to use your property for an amazing training session;)

Guest bkelm18
here is a better question. Why doesn't TGO have its own range? We could probably find some cheap bank owned or government repo land around here somewhere. Employees would be cheap and probably free since most of us would work it in our spare time no problem.

Did not mean to thread high jack, just wanted to throw that out there as a possible solution.

Owning/operating a range can become pretty expensive pretty quickly.

And a trainer that would make certain you receive your range fees as a thank you for allowing us to use your property for an amazing training session;)

Roger that, the person/land owner hosting the class usually trains for free. An awesome perk considering the cost of a good trainer/class.

Good call, Ben.