Picked up my first M&P Auto

glockster157

Ran across a deal on a M&P 40c this weekend. Nice little pistol. About the same size as my 27. I like SW's magazine disconnect though I know many don't. I have had a lot of SW autos but that is just my preference. I like that it has regular rifling so I can shoot lead. Shoots well for the little bit I got to shoot it. I love the grip inserts....I might become M&Pster157 if this keeps up.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats, and Welcome aboard!!!

Now you can sleep well knowing you wont be shot in the butt. :(

Actually don't see a lot of difference in the trigger styles between the Glock and the M&P. I am carrying the Glock today as I did not want to use a holster, I have a belt clip and a trigger block for the Glock. I need to see if they make them for the M&P.

Yes. Welcome to the good side.

I have a M&P45c that will have to be pried from my cold dead hands. Absolutely great guns.

Glocks are great too, but the M&P is everything I ever wanted from a Glock. You know?

And as far as I know, there isn't a trigger block on the market for the M&P yet.:-\

"Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny." Star Wars references aside, the two people I know well who wear a gun on their hip for a living, carry S&W 45's. I prefer Glocks 9mms, and Sig and 1911 45's. I have never tried a S&W M&P though. Good Luck!

Guest foister82

i asked a guy at work who has an M&P how he likes it... he says he wouldn't trade it away for any other gun.

I guess he likes it pretty good :)

I recently got a M&P9c not intending to keep it long and now its one of the "keepers". Absolutely love it. I shot over 400rds of everything and anything I had(steel, sd, brass, coated steel, wolf, etc) and it only ever had 1 failure to feed and that was 2 rds from the bottom of the mag. It actually replaced my beloved SW990L. The only thing I dont like is that the sights are luminova and not tritium. I dont care what any HK fan says...Luminova is a cop out...if that thing is concealed all day and you needed the sights in the dark your gonna be sh*t outta luck.