The Brave One

waynesan

Here is a link to a review from a "Women's" Publication raking Jodie Foster over the coals for her latest movie "The Brave One". I think it is very illustrative of the anti-gun mindset and shows how difficult it will be to ever get our point over to these people.

Woe unto us if like minded people gain the majority of our government in the next election.

It's particularly galling to see women drafted in the Hollywood vigilante-killer role when brave women can so often be found at the forefront of antiwar efforts and gun control.

http://www.womensenews.org/article.cfm/dyn/aid/3319/context/archive

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Amid all this gun craziness along comes Hollywood, trying to sell us on the idea that women are just as into the violence as our male counterparts or can be. But that's just wrong.

Not only is that anti-gun but that is pretty blatantly sexist

"The Brave One" also bolsters the myth that women can use guns--as the National Rifle Association Web site puts it--for "personal safety strategies" and "refusing to be a victim."

Nothing could be further from the truth. Women have been further endangered rather than protected by the proliferation of handguns.

WTF?

Maybe Foster can play someone like, Nancy Pelosi, Barbara Boxer Diane Feinstein, or Hillary Clinton; intelligent, powerful women who have consistently voted for gun control, getting them an F rating by gun lobbyists.

I guess my definition of intelligent is messed up.

According to the Washington-based anti-gun Brady Campaign

Oh... it make's sense now.

Guest Boomhower
Women and men don't own or use guns equally and sticking one in our hands doesn't give us equality.

I'm sure in her perfect world, women are also full time house wives. No wait, she covered that part in the intellegent women comment of our great nation.....Just another one of those women that has never had to face an attacker, but if given a gun during an attack, she'd shoot the lights out.

what a load of crap. Jodie Foster is just like the rest of Hollywood...hypocritical. They're so used to suggesting what you should eat, how you should act..etc. that now they think they have a right to meddle in other folks affairs.

"they're in our homes and in our heads and they haven't the right" (serenity)

The author of this particular piece is a retard. My WIFE is just as good a shot as I am with pistols...sometimes better than I am when it comes to rifles.

Naturally the Brady bunch in washington mimics the tv show..incestuous and retarded.

they're as bad as moveon.org

Bwahahahahahahaha......

Think I will forward that link, or some of the juicier exerpts, to my wife... and see if I can get a couple of my guns back.:P

What can you say about a woman who gushes over an actress portraying a rape victim, but who firmly believes that while a man can use a gun, women simply aren't capable?

The will to be stupid is a powerful force.

personally I like Jodi Foster as an actress and have enjoyed her art in most of her movies. I also do not give two hoots about her political beliefs. I do not find it hypocritical for her to act as a vigilante and be an anti. It a job, basically.

The article is laughable. It does not portray woman as I see them.

formidable women using their brains, power and sex appeal to take the guns away from the guys without using physical force? Maybe Foster can play someone like Nancy Pelosi, Barbara Boxer, Diane Feinstein or Hillary Clintonformidable women using their brains, power and sex appeal to take the guns away from the guys without using physical force?

Aside from the brains etc... this about made me hurl. yikes. Not a one of these woman has any sex appeal that I see. They would make good birth control, look at them lose all desire kind of thing. And i am not talking about physical appearence or power. It is their attitudes that make me shy away, or as Archie Bunker would say, " left wing pinkos"

tower says

sometimes better than I am when it comes to rifles.

:stir:Dude, from what I have seen she wins hands down,

you might want to let her shoot Mark for the pistol. Well not actually shoot him :P, but compete in your place.

;) Thanks for clarifying that one, Mike, I feel so much better....

Especially since the .45 Witness I gave her for a wedding gift works pretty well...

(Hey, I opened my pistol box and told her to pick one... thankyouthankyou Julie for passing on my match and officers' model 1911's!)

I have to disagree with you, Mike. If you have that strong of a conviction that you will take many opportunities in the public eye to denounce something and then turn around and accept money for portraying the exact thing you denounce you are a hypocrite. I am very strong in my convictions. My beliefs run to the core. There is no amount of money that would get me to stray away from those beliefs. Sorry, I am not wired that way.

I think it is reprehensible that Hollywood types will take money from the American people by making movies that go against things they believe in. Then again, I think the American people should take note of these hypocrites and refuse to go see their movies or watch their shows. Not buy products from companies that endorse them etc. That is when you will actually see them sticking up for their convictions.

I used to dislike Tom Hanks for all of his posturing for a war memorial in DC until I found out he put up a bit of his own green for it. Then it was okay, now I only dislike him for his liberal views, but hey, it takes all kinds.

And as far as women with guns, my wife would have a thing or two to say about that one.

If you have that strong of a conviction that you will take many opportunities in the public eye to denounce something and then turn around and accept money for portraying the exact thing you denounce you are a hypocrite.

Exactly