Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TN_Mike

OK, mine are as follows:

1. I am Legend

2. Red Dawn

3. Saving Private Ryan

4. Collateral

5. Office Space

Honestly, my top 5 change from time to time because I can also see me putting Die Hard 1 and 4 in there, also The Patriot and Blackhawk Down in there.

Edited by TN_Mike
Addition

1.) Sunset Boulevard

2.) Full Metal Jacket (THE WHOLE DAMNED MOVIE, you can't beat using the VC for a ventiloquist dummy)

3.) The Green Mile

4.) The Quiet Man

5.) Pulp Fiction

You've probably seen all these except Sunset Boulevard. If you haven't, rent it. It's 50 years ahead of it's time. Cover looks like a chick flick, title sounds like a chick flick, definitely NOT a CHICK FLICK!!!!

Edited by tntnixon
Guest H0TSH0T

1 The Usual Suspects

2 Papillon

3 There Will Be Blood

4 A Bronx Tale

5 Shawshank Redemption or The Great Escape flip a coin.

Edited by H0TSH0T
Guest Swamprunner

How in the Sam Hill were you kids raised?

1. True Grit

2. The Searchers

3. Apocalypse Now

4. In Harm's Way

5. Tie - The Sons' of Katie Elder - Patton

Guest SureShot308

Blackhawk Down

Boondock Saints

Harley Davidson and The Marlboro Man

The Hangover

Taken

Anyone that cracks on the Princess Bride is only making fun of the name, because they haven't watched it.

Why are you smiling? Becasue I know something you don't know. And what is that? I... am not left handed.

Guest jackdm3

Apparently, if this had been a poll, Full Metal Jacket would take the honors.

From IMDB:

A talented character actor known for his military roles, R. Lee Ermey was in the US Marine Corps for 11 years. He rose to the rank of Staff Sergeant, and later was bestowed the honorary rank of Gunnery Sergeant by the Marine Corps, after he served 14 months in Vietnam and later did 2 tours in Okinawa, Japan. After injuries forced him to retire from the Corps, he moved to the Phillipines, enrolling in the University of Manila, where he studied Criminology and Drama. He appeared in several Filipino films before being cast as a helicopter pilot in Francis Ford Coppola's Apocalypse Now (1979). Due to his Vietnam experiences, Coppola also utilized him as a technical adviser. He got a featured role in Sidney J. Furie's The Boys in Company C (1978), playing a drill instructor. Ermey worked with Furie again in Purple Hearts (1984). However, his most famous (or infamous) role came as Gunnery Sergeant Hartman in Stanley Kubrick's Full Metal Jacket (1987), for which he was nominated for a Golden Globe. He did win the best supporting actor award from The Boston Society of Film Critics. Since then he has appeared in numerous character roles in such films as Leaving Las Vegas (1995), Se7en (1995) and Dead Man Walking (1995). Ermey, however, prefers comedy to drama, and has a comedic role in Saving Silverman (2001). Ronald Lee Ermey continues to be one of the best character actors in the business, and you can bet that when his name appears in a movie's credits, he is going to be top notch in his role.

And:

In 1987, he was involved in a jeep accident during the making of Full Metal Jacket (1987). At 1:00 a.m. one morning, he skidded off the road, breaking all the ribs on his left side. He refused to pass out and kept flashing his car lights until a motorist stopped. In some scenes in the movie, he does not move his left arm at all.

That is one badass sumbitch!

Blackhawk Down

Boondock Saints

Harley Davidson and The Marlboro Man

The Hangover

Taken

Anyone that cracks on the Princess Bride is only making fun of the name, because they haven't watched it.

Why are you smiling? Becasue I know something you don't know. And what is that? I... am not left handed.

Hey, the Princess Bride is a cool movie.

My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Guest Ghostrider

Innocent Blood

Band of Brothers

Top Gun

The Final Countdown

Fatal Beauty - (I wouldn't pee on Whoopie now, but back then she kept her evil mouth shut)

Guest Bluemax

This is tough but I'm gonna give it a shot based on what I watch on DVD when nothings on cable

1 Jaws

2 Star Wars

3 Mclintock

4 Patton

5 Mystery Alaska ( a sleeper but I love this movie)