Mags for Kahr PM9

greenego

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't purchased yet. Whats up with ProMag? :D

They just don't generally work on most guns, other than that they're pretty good.

Some don't seem to EVER work on some guns (50 round drum for 10/22 for example).

Do a quickie Google for "promag any good", you'll see.

Or do a separate thread in this forum for Promag to get your peers' opinions.

My advice is find the best price you can for the 7 round Kahr factory mag with the pinkie rest built in if you want more than the 6 round flush ones.

- OS

They just don't generally work on most guns, other than that they're pretty good.

Some don't seem to EVER work on some guns (50 round drum for 10/22 for example).

Do a quickie Google for "promag any good", you'll see.

Or do a separate thread in this forum for Promag to get your peers' opinions.

My advice is find the best price you can for the 7 round Kahr factory mag with the pinkie rest built in if you want more than the 6 round flush ones.

- OS

I believe I will take your advice. Glad I posted this before purchase. Thanks

yeah, they will work, but they stick out a couple of inches. Good for the range, but I definitely wouldn't carry with one, would definitely defeat the whole purpose of the PM.

I carry the 8-round mag in a custom leather pocket holster as a backup for my MK9 or K9, an extra mag that works for both.

Woody

• 3 weeks later...
Guest 70below

+1 on promag = :D

I second Mac's assessment that Kahr doesn't make a black mag......at least.....I've not seen one.

The only non-factory mags I'd trust 100% for just about any gun are made by Mec-Gar.

+1 on promag = :D

I second Mac's assessment that Kahr doesn't make a black mag......at least.....I've not seen one.

The only non-factory mags I'd trust 100% for just about any gun are made by Mec-Gar.

If you look at the two mags, it's pretty obvious why the slide wouldn't lock back with the black one. Even though the mag locked in/released okay, and the overall height was just barely high enough for a round to be stripped and chambered, the slide lock cutout in upper left is cut too low to trip the gun's slide stop lever. It's even more obvious if you align the two mags side by side exactly by the bases.

- OS