Second -OR- None ... A Celebration of Liberty

Please RSVP so that we can have a preliminary head count. :)  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Please RSVP so that we can have a preliminary head count. :)

• I will be there
    • I will be there and will bring a guest or guests

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator
Saw Fox 17 there but they haven't posted anything about the event yet.

Anyone know what other news crews where there?

There was also a news agency from Germany present. Yes, Germany. I am going to be very anxious to see what their report ends up being.

Yeah, the weather was bad. I think a limiting factor.

I also feel it should have been handled a little differently... The way this was sponsored, it seems to have eliminated the ability for other gun shops to be present.

I understood this was a pro-gun event, but it seemed more of a huge one day sale for the sponsor. I do not think it should become a gun show, but it sure seemed Outpost severely benefited from having this in their parking lot.

Where was the NRA booth?

I also wished they had placed the speakers at a more "dignified" location than in front of the gas pumps...

That said, Outpost is a restaurant, gas station, and gun shop. Now, if they would put in a liquor store and grocery, there would be no reason to stop anywhere else in town... true "One Stop" shopping.

Looks like wizardpc over on walls of the city will be posting some soon.

W00t, a reader!

Hopefully Wiz will get some up soon... Sorry about missing it, all, but a three-hour-one-way drive with Dollywood tomorrow (I promised the wife) was going to end all manner of poorly. Sounds like a blast was had, even without me, though :).

W00t, a reader!

Hopefully Wiz will get some up soon... Sorry about missing it, all, but a three-hour-one-way drive with Dollywood tomorrow (I promised the wife) was going to end all manner of poorly. Sounds like a blast was had, even without me, though :).

'TGO' and 'Walls' are daily required reading!

Here's the story on Fox 17. There's a mention of the event.

WZTV FOX 17/Nashville

New York Report Angers Tennesseans- Cindy Carter

Jason Bobo is a gun enthusiast who has no problem abiding by Tennessee laws when it comes to buying a gun. Jason Bobo says, "Before you are able to purchase the actual weapon, you've got to give them your driver's license and everything else and they do an instant background check with TBI."

Which is why Bobo and many others attending Saturday's rally for the Second Amendment in Christiana say New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg is wrong for criticizing Tennessee's laws surrounding gun sales. "I think he should keep his business up there."

The city of New York recently conducted and undercover investigation. They placed hidden cameras inside gun shows in Tennessee and other parts of the country.

Bloomberg says they caught on camera "some" violent criminals buying weapons at these events and says gun shows are a loopholes in state and federal laws that allow this to happen. Critics say Bloomberg's investigation makes it seem like there's a little or no accountability for gun sales in Tennessee.

Chris Barrett with Barrett Firearms says thats not true. "You do not just walk in and put money on the table and walk out with a gun. We have instant check systems to make sure you're not a felon. Or, even if yo haven't been convicted of Domestic violence. So, its a very thorough checking system. Very well controlled." Barrett agrees that unregulated sales are not good but says those cases are rare in Tennessee.

As for Bloomberg's call for tougher gun laws, Congressman Lincoln Davis says thats just not necessary."I think it seems to work well just like it is."

New York officials say Tennessee was chosen as part of their investigation because the state ranks 12-th as a source for out of state guns that turn up in New York crimes.New York Report Angers Tennesseans- Cindy Carter

Edited by TripleDigitRide

This was also the first 2nd or none type of event I've been too and enjoyed it, great speakers, great people and great weather!!!! LOL. JK about the weather, the speech by Nikki Goeser has changed the mind of my girl friend who now wants to get her HCP. Thanks to everyone involved for putting on this type of event and hope there's more in the future!!!! COOP

Guest Gun Geek

Well my family and I enjoyed ourselves. My daughters favorite thing was a toss up between the ride on the pony carriage and playing on the fire truck & wearing the helmet "woah this thing is heavy". My favorite part was Mr. Ronnie Barrett speaking, from what I saw he got the crowd a little more riled up than anyone else. Then later I passed him in the store and he stopped and shook my hand and talked for minute. Good guy.

We didnt get to stay the whole thing through the end as the weather was not agreeing with out little one. Dont want to be home sick if you know what I mean. It was a pleasure meeting you David, I wish I would have talked to you a bit more but I knew that you would be busy and sometimes I get jumbled for words.

I also didnt bring the camera as planned, it was in the truck but due to the weather that is where it stayed.

The Outpost is a pretty cool dealer. I will definitely have to go back.

And once again thank you for putting on such a great shin-dig

Guest Gun Trust Lawyer- David G

I enjoyed talking to many people about NFA firearms trusts to protect firearms and reduce the risk of future legislative changes on your ability to give or transfer firearms to family and friends.

Guest Gun Geek
I enjoyed talking to many people about NFA firearms trusts to protect firearms and reduce the risk of future legislative changes on your ability to give or transfer firearms to family and friends.

Yes it was nice to meet you as well.

My wife and I both enjoyed the event - in spite of the weather. I thought the turnout was really good and hope there's another next year. Enjoyed meeting TGODavid and Nikki. My wife was so impressed that she took me out after the event a bought me a Sigma 9ve (my first handgun).:)

Tomorrow she wants to learn how to shoot it (at least I thought she said it was for me :)).

Guest Straight Shooter

A couple of friends and myself came up from Fayetteville for the event today..we really enjoyed it. The speakers were excellent,and the crowd great. Could not believe how cold it was! But,we picked up some goodies from inside,and had a good time.Looking forward to the next time already! BTW-I watched...PAINFULLY..."news" channels 2,4,and 5,....NO COVERAGE at all. I emailed them all my disdain,I urge you all to do the same. I guess because it wasnt a bunch of anti-gun crying liberals,or there was no shooting spree it didnt meet their criteria of "newsworthy". Did anyone else see anything?

While I was at the TGO table picking out a new cap there was this burning smell and I wasn't sure if it was the barbecue or David????? LOL. Maybe barbecued David? IDK????

David, great meeting you and your wife again and lets do this again soon!!!!!! COOP

Guest Gun Trust Lawyer- David G

Fox 17 news has report from Gun Show today with Interview of Chis Barrette but the really did not mention the 2A event.

A couple of friends and myself came up from Fayetteville for the event today..we really enjoyed it. The speakers were excellent,and the crowd great. Could not believe how cold it was! But,we picked up some goodies from inside,and had a good time.Looking forward to the next time already! BTW-I watched...PAINFULLY..."news" channels 2,4,and 5,....NO COVERAGE at all. I emailed them all my disdain,I urge you all to do the same. I guess because it wasnt a bunch of anti-gun crying liberals,or there was no shooting spree it didnt meet their criteria of "newsworthy". Did anyone else see anything?

Just sent them emails

Great event, and great turnout. I was really surprised at the sheer amount of folks that came (I figured that it'd be around 200 or so, but was surprised to see 4 times that, or more!).

Thanks to David, Sandy, and Angelo for standing at the TGO tent and freezing their asses off - great to see you guys again. Thanks also to the Barretts, Outpost crew, and our reps that came out in support of the Second Amendment. What a great get-together, and very quality folks in large turnout today.