Sub-Compact Suggestions - Here's a list of what I've been looking at:

zeitgeist

A) What fits your hand the best ergonomically

B) What feels the best tucked into your waist (heavy like a brick? Poking into your side?)

C) How many rounds are you comfortable carrying at a minimum (7 +1? 10+1) Some prefer higher capacity, some don't really care.

D) If you can test fire, do it. This will help solve a lot of doubt and concern

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These are all great suggestions. Can't go wrong with any of them IMHO. Just thought I'd add my 2 cents. A post a few back mentioned a Kel-Tec P-11. While I don't own the P-11 I do own and carry the PF-9. It's a great carry gun for when you want more bang (than a .380 or smaller) and less bulk. The single stack mag makes it very thin and overall it's light and easy to conceal. It's not a 'range gun' for the most part in that it has some kick. The grip extensions help a lot in comfort while practicing. And if this sounds like an add, no I don't have any affiliation what so ever with Kel-Tec. Just a happy owner. For pocket (or ankle) carry when something larger won't fit, the LCP is my next choice. Again, just my 2 cents.

Guest oldhack62

Well, I haven't seen anyone mention Bersa yet, so I will...and, undoubtedly, get laughed at by those who judge quality only by price, and who've never fired a modern one.

I've been a 'gunner' for c. 45 years now. Simply, the Bersa Thunder9 UltraCompact (now in a "Pro" version) is the finest handgun I've ever owned or fired. It sits in front of me as I type this, in fact.

Welcome to Eagle Imports Inc.

I've more than 1,000 rounds through mine, and it has NEVER failed to feed or failed to eject. It is accurate as hell, well past the standard 7-10-yard 'personal combat' range.

The controls are ergonomic, and the mag release is reverseable for lefties. It holds 13+1 rounds, and easily is concealable inside the waistband (I use a UGB Striker holster, which also accommodates the 45UC, which is only a half-inch longer).

I've shot my buddy's Glocks and Taurus (and had the PT145, briefly, myself). He's shot mine -- and, he agrees with me that I should carry my Bersa regularly!

Frankly, I don't know why they remain as inexpensive as they are, but they ARE becoming harder to find because of increased interest. I suspect the price will follow upward.

Buy now!

Well, I haven't seen anyone mention Bersa yet, so I will...and, undoubtedly, get laughed at by those who judge quality only by price, and who've never fired a modern one.

I've been a 'gunner' for c. 45 years now. Simply, the Bersa Thunder9 UltraCompact (now in a "Pro" version) is the finest handgun I've ever owned or fired. It sits in front of me as I type this, in fact.

Welcome to Eagle Imports Inc.

I've more than 1,000 rounds through mine, and it has NEVER failed to feed or failed to eject. It is accurate as hell, well past the standard 7-10-yard 'personal combat' range.

The controls are ergonomic, and the mag release is reverseable for lefties. It holds 13+1 rounds, and easily is concealable inside the waistband (I use a UGB Striker holster, which also accommodates the 45UC, which is only a half-inch longer).

I've shot my buddy's Glocks and Taurus (and had the PT145, briefly, myself). He's shot mine -- and, he agrees with me that I should carry my Bersa regularly!

Frankly, I don't know why they remain as inexpensive as they are, but they ARE becoming harder to find because of increased interest. I suspect the price will follow upward.

Buy now!

The Bersa .380's seem to be good little guns and so far, all of the talk I hear about the Bersa 9 is good. Wouldn't mind checking one out sometime...:koolaid: