Sig 239 SAS thoughts?

JeffsSig

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Jeff, that is a beauty.... I've got the standard P239 in .40 cal with a set of NILL's on it and it's the finest gun I've ever owned, I'm very accurate with it and it's one of my EDC's. I swap between the P239 and my P228 because it's my beater and holds 15 rounds of 9mm JHP's I would love to have one of these so enjoy it!!!!! COOP

Guest rockytop

From the picture, it appears that it also has the "DAK" trigger system. Some folks don't care for that. I think it is a great gun but those grips are terrible, so take them off and send them to me immediately.

I hope you enjoy it.

rockytop

PS. I have the factory issued grips on mine and I think they are thicker than the Nills. With small hands, it's a noticeable difference.

I might be wary of current QC with a regular 239, but you'll probably be safe with the SAS since it's a higher end product.

Just curious what QC issues you're talking about? I know theirs been a lot of discussion about slide ware on the P239's and I knew that when I bought it so I ordered the light slide guide when I bought it and now use it on all my hand guns and I can tell you that after about 750 rounds through my P239 is is absolutely no ware on the guides or any where else on the gun. Not trying to debate just wanted to post my experience... COOP

Guest dont_tread_on_me

As I see two of your three Sigs are West German you are probably well aware of Sig's current QC issues, which have been well documented over on sigforum. Broken roll pins & extractor problems spring to mind (in general, not specific to 239s). I also read in the Zurich 228 thread they are using MIM parts, but that was posted by a real contrarian to current Sigs and I can't confirm it.

Edited by dont_tread_on_me
Grammerz
As I see two of your three Sigs are West German you are probably well aware of Sig's current QC issues, which have been well documented over on sigforum. Broken roll pins & extractor problems spring to mind (in general, not specific to 239s). I also read in the Zurich 228 thread they are using MIM parts, but that was posted by a real contrarian to current Sigs and I can't confirm it.

Thanks for the info and I'll keep an eye out for any trouble but so far the gun has been flawless and hopefully it will be as dependable as my 30 year old P6.. Jeff, buy it, own it and shoot it!!! Let us know how you like it.. COOP

Beautiful gun, but since the capacity is no better then a P6 if its only being used as a carry I would go that route for the dramatic price difference. If its gonna be more of a safe queen/range gun then by all means spend the extra money. Im a Sig lover too, but the capacity of the 239 for its size imho leaves something to be desired.

Guest dont_tread_on_me

Coop - I bring this up as a caveat, not to discourage the OP from his purchase.

rides - the different caliber choices are a + for the 239, in addition the the frame melt (aside from the SAS version). As for capacity, I cannot honestly see carrying a full size or more compact (read: 228/229) for EDC. Simply too heavy on a all metal gun. Now the 250 on the other hand...

I think people carry and have guns for different reasons, I like Sig's and I have some Sigs I dont carry or shoot very often like my P6. I personally dont like POLY guns and dont own one, when I carry my P239 I have a spare mag with me and it's kind of my weekend carry gun, so my point is not all people who carry want or need 10+ rounds and not all people want a lightweight gun. Some people just like SIG'S, GLOCK'S, XD'S, KAHR'S 1911'S ECT, ECT. COOP

Guest JHatmaker

Hey Jeff, I picked up a P239 SAS 9mm about a month ago, and really enjoy it. I like the trigger. My only complaint is capacity. Carries great, but I carry a P220 and P226 as well, so anything smaller than that is obviously going to carry great to me. I've just learned to deal with the size of larger guns, and can conceal them just as well as sub-compacts.

The one you want to get looks gorgeous, mine's all black. (I'll trade ya!)

Let us know what you decide.