Crossbreed IWB review

So I really love the Baby Desert Eagle. It is one fine shooting handgun in my hands. The .45cal is a bonus to me in this gun. It is around 2½ pounds heavy w/empty magazine then add a full 10 plus 1 rounds when loaded it is not what many would call a good carry weapon.

It has a 3.9 inch barrel and a FULL 3 ¾ inch grip (one reason I love this gun)

Now on to my carry. I had seen the Crossbreed Super Tuck deluxe IWB holster around on the net and I thought I would try one. So I order one in the black cowhide and one in the horsehide.

They both came in after about a week. I like the feel of the horsehide so that is the one I wanted to test.

First looks it is ugly and BIG. Fit for the Baby was good. Not to tight but just right. So I belted the holster up and was amazed at how it felt. With the oversized back panel I felt no gouging or digging from my Baby DE. I wore the gun for 3 full days. After the first few hours I almost got to the point I didn’t notice the rig that at all. Very comfortable!!! Aside from the huge weight of the BDE It rode well and easy to draw and carry.

During my 3-day carry I did a lot of driving and never took it off. With my holster placement at 4-5 O’clock.

I can only imagine how well one of these holsters would work for a smaller gun.

For what it is worth I would recommend this holster with high marks.

A side note. I am 6 foot 2 at 240 pounds.

cross1.jpg

cross2.jpg

cross3.jpg

Edited by JeffsSig
  • Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to reference your smaller gun statement, I carry my G26 in a CompTac IWB that is just like the CrossBreed. With a small firearm, it becomes nonexistant....almost like your wallet. I carry my G19 in the same holster and it is just as comfortable as the G26 is. Both the CompTac and the CrossBreed are great IWB holsters. I highly recomend both....:D

Guest JHatmaker

Great review and thanks for the pictures. I've heard great things about them. I've gone from a KHolster to DM Bullard's Dual Carry (very happy with it). Probably my next holster will be a Crossbreed just so I can see the small variances b/t all of them.

+1 for the Cross Breed Super Tuck.

I got one for my G19 and love it. I bought it back in July and one of the metal keepers got a little sprung from slipping it off and on over my belts. I just sent an e-mail to them advising them of the problem. They wrote back almost immediately and I had two replacements plus hardware mailed out to me by the end of the same week.

Now that is great service!

I ordered one for my 1911s about 6 months ago and have not been disappointed. Currently I am working out west and when I do get a weekend off (not lately) I go hiking in the mountains. I have carried an officer's model 1991 on a 6+ mile hike with very little issues. I say little issues because at times I could tell it was there and at the end there was a little chaffing but it was a 6+ mile hike and not all of it was on trails.

I figure if it didn't bother me on my last hike then daily carry should never be a problem. I am a big fan of the Crossbreed the only thing that makes it better is that it is American made/owned and the proprietor’s beliefs.

Guest Tiny G
sorry hope its not too off topic...Anyone with the black version of the Crossbreed ever have any trouble with the black stuff transferring to your clothes or white undershirts or whatever is tucked in?

thanx

not yet . .been wearing it everyday for 6 months