Hearing Protection

Guest go-vols

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kerstuff
You guys are high tech. I have $15 pair Winchester from Walmart that do me fine :P

I also note your age! You too will change when you get older. ;) I went to 2 many rock concerts, shooting without ear protection as a teenager, and construction while working my way through college. Now I suffer with hearing loss. :cool:

I have a pair of the Howard Leight Impact Sport. Amazon ran a sale a few weeks back and it seemed like a good time to get a pair of electronic ones. They are fine outdoors for me and my P229 .357 sig and P225. Not sure how they would do with large caliber rifle. Indoors I want a better reduction than 22db since the confined space makes things worse. So I switch over to a non-electric pair that offers 30db of reduction. I make my living off my ears so I can't gamble. Maybe one day I'll drop the money on a nicer pair. Right now I'll just keep dropping it on ammo :D

I have the Howard Leights and love them. I won a pair of Peltor T6 muffs last weekend at a match, and the Howard Leights blow them away. Sound quality and volume are better, and one button turns them on and off, as opposed to one on each side on the Peltors. Also, like someone above said, the batteries are a pain to change on the Peltors.

If you have more sensitive ears, neither are top-notch for indoor shooting with guns > 9mm or .40.

Guest rocker2229

I have 2 pair of Howard Leights Impact sport Electronic earmuffs that I bought new and they have been used maybe 3 times each...I tried to get my kids into shooting...with limited success....so if you're interested in 1 or both of these, send me a pm.

Doc