Need some of that there add-vice.

res308

I've posted an add on ###.com trying to trade my Ruger Mini 14 for a good AK. I've gotten one response so far (just listed Tuesday) from a guy wanting to trade me a Romanian. Says he bought it from a guy whose grandfather gave it to him and that it's about 10 years old and in "perfect shape." He asked for pictures of the Mini and I sent them. Said it looks good and wanted to trade rifles and ammo.

Interesting, but, since I replied asking him for photos of the Romanian, and if it was a single stack model or a conversion, I haven't heard back from him (yet).

I'll wait and see what happens here. But, the question I have is what do I need to look for or watch out for on the Romanians? Just in case another one comes up.

I should probably list a price for it on there, but the Minis seem to be selling slow right now from my experience. Just thought I might have better luck trading.

So, skool me on AK's.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JustMyLuck

Sounds like a fairly even swap, but you always have to be careful.

If the deal "smells fishy" I'd walk away.

I rate AKs..... Russian, Chinese, Yugo , then Romanian.

I would do price compare including ammo and extras.

JML

I'd would see if you could find a converted Saiga rather than a WASR.

In general the Romanian AK's are on the lower end of the quality level. The Saiga quality is much better since it's out of Russia and has a higher quality chrome lined barrel, etc. It also starts out with new quality parts rather than possibly off spec mil surplus parts in some of the other AK imports. You can feel the difference when you handle them versus a WASR.

If you like fooling around with guns, buy a new Sagia and convert it yourself. You can build it in the configuration you want. You just have to watch out for 922R compliance regulations. There is a great Saiga forum to help you out.