Issues with Franklin Gun Shop

Guest jjerik1202

Guest jjerik1202

hey all pretty new to TGO, i work at Franklin Gun Shop and since being on this forum have noticed that quite a few people have a rather large beef with the shop. wanted to start off by saying that on behalf of the owners would like to apologize for anyone who has been neglected at the shop, it was never our intentionknow. those who have had a bad experience at the shop I'm sorry, we do our best to provide good customer service but everyone messes up. i know that we would love to have anyone who had a bad time, come back and let us try again. If you want to hate us fine, nothing i can do to change your mind but we would like the opportunity to try and change your perception of us. I know some of you rant about our prices, and granted some of them are higher but never hesitate to see if the boss will make you a deal. I know I for one as one of the younger guys who hopefully has several years at the shop want to treat every customer i encounter with the respect i would want to be treated with, but the unfortunate reality of retail is that some people can never be pleased no matter what you do. There was one post about a wife coming in our store to buy a present for her husband(dont know if its the same one im thinking of) and she was ignored, if its the same lady, i know that i asked her if she needed anything at least 4times. Now im not calling anyone a liar or that something did or didnt happen. Im just here to do what i can from the internet to help solve any issues that arise so this kind of thing doesnt happen again. So in closing anyone who has any questions/issues/complaints/concerns/ or general rantings please pm me or post a reply and hopefully we can get things sorted out

thanks

Daniel

Edited by jjerik1202
reword
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been to your shop a few times. My only complaint is that you guys are super busy and it's hard to get help at times. But that's now your fault, that's just life.

In fact, every time I've been there all of the younger guys go out of their way to help me out and answer some questions.

I think some people are just really hard to please.

Guest jjerik1202

you may be right dropkick, but I just hate getting blasted on this site and cant say anything back, i know that not everyone can be satisfied but ill do my best. next time you drop by come see me

Guest shultz

Crowded shop, nice inventory.

I've been there a few times recently because I'm new to guns and wanted to see a few things and feel them. I was waited on each time and the attendants were helpful so I can't say anything bad about the shop.

I did purchase my gun elsewhere (from a gentleman on this forum) because the prices are a bit high.

Guest GimpyLeg

I've traded with Franklin Gun Shop on several occasions. I've had good experiences each time. I also trade with several other dealers such as Hero Gear and Outpost. I'll frequent all of these locations again, too. I intend to get to as many dealers (TGO vendors) at every opportunity I get.

Guest jjerik1202

hey David, good to know we are capable of good things lol seems like alot of people on here think us the devil incarnate. hope your doing well

Well I visited Franklin Gun Shop earlier this year. Even though I'd always heard about the poor service and high prices, I was looking for a specific pistol and had no luck anywhere else, so I gave it a shot. Well the wonderful wife spotted our quarry and (after a few minutes waiting for some help) I got to check it out. When I started haggling they put me with a younger guy (got the feeling he was an owner) and he immediately gave me a great deal and I took it home.

So I guess I'm in the positive category. If I had any complaints, it would be that it seems you're open about 15 minutes a week, and maybe the lack of attention from the older staff. All in all, I'd do business with you again.

buk

Yeah I hate the fact they usually have what I am looking for...!!! The owners know their guns and Daniel is good people. Always willing to help. I will just go in to look around at lunch sometimes.. I do admit some of the prices are higher then some of the other stores.

Your prices are not even a little over everyone they're higher than a cats back. I always get a good laugh when Im in there, which is seldom. I did purchase two rifles there a coupla years back and had to argue with the guy behind the counter that I only needed a background check once not once for each firearm. Great shop for a guy who has more money than brains, and not much gun sense. You seem like a nice guy though i hope you may can change ' em.

Guest FiddleDog

Your selection is exceptional, but your prices are very high. $35 for a Glock G19 Recoil Rod/Spring that Glock will mail to the end consumer for free? I've always gotten good service and attention.

Guest mustangdave

Here's a compliment...My wife and I would rather do business with Franklin Gun Shop than Uselton's. Totally different caliber of service...you guys are very helpful..especially with the ladies...and PATIENT...lord. I'm like hun...just pick ONE...ok??? And you guys are laying out everything in the case for my lovely bride...THANKS sooo much...LOL. Best part is she got what she wanted.

yeah, even a blind squirrel finds a nut in a blizzard

out of curiosity who is you lol im sure i know you from the shop but jc

Redhead, breathtakingly handsome, has a unnatural addiction to 1911s, knows about your Hello Kittly Sabre AR wedding present

hey all pretty new to TGO, i work at Franklin Gun Shop and since being on this forum have noticed that quite a few people have a rather large beef with the shop. wanted to start off by saying that on behalf of the owners would like to apologize for anyone who has been neglected at the shop, it was never our intention(we do have some guys working who have more bad days than most...i know its no excuse) anyway. those who have had a bad experience at the shop I'm sorry, we do our best to provide good customer service but everyone messes up. i know that we would love to have anyone who had a bad time, come back and let us try again. If you want to hate us fine, nothing i can do to change your mind but we would like the opportunity to try and change your perception of us. I know some of you rant about our prices, and granted some of them are higher but never hesitate to see if the boss will make you a deal. I know I for one as one of the younger guys who hopefully has several years at the shop want to treat every customer i encounter with the respect i would want to be treated with, but the unfortunate reality of retail is that some people can never be pleased no matter what you do. There was one post about a wife coming in our store to buy a present for her husband(dont know if its the same one im thinking of) and she was ignored, if its the same lady, i know that i asked her if she needed anything at least 4times. Now im not calling anyone a liar or that something did or didnt happen. Im just here to do what i can from the internet to help solve any issues that arise so this kind of thing doesnt happen again. So in closing anyone who has any questions/issues/complaints/concerns/ or general rantings please pm me or post a reply and hopefully we can get things sorted out

thanks

Daniel

Welcome Daniel.

You guys have a great inventory!

A few thoughts:

1. (Keep in mind, I'm NOT the Grammar-Police...)

You are not only representing yourself, but your employer each and every time you hit SUBMIT.

SOME readers will associate a post that lacks paragraphs, proper spelling or poor use of the English language as an indication of your own lack of intelligence or professionalism.

Always take some extra time to proof read what you have written, as once you hit SUBMIT, its a part of webforum history forever!

2. Franklin Gun Shop would be a great addition as a Supporting Vendor here at TGO.

You should consider a vendor membership:

Tennessee Gun Owners - FAQ: General Information

3. Good luck! I truly wish you much success in being THE BEST gun shop in Franklin. ;)

(Hope you guys continue to kick the snot out of that other guy....;) )

Redhead, breathtakingly handsome, has a unnatural addiction to 1911s, knows about your Hello Kittly Sabre AR wedding present

You don't have to take his word for being "breathtakingly handsome". I have a pic of dunndw in a tux with peach tie and cumberbun I could post...lol (I really do)

1. (Keep in mind, I'm NOT the Grammar-Police...)

You are not only representing yourself, but your employer each and every time you hit SUBMIT.

SOME readers will associate a post that lacks paragraphs, proper spelling or poor use of the English language as an indication of your own lack of intelligence or professionalism.

Always take some extra time to proof read what you have written, as once you hit SUBMIT, its a part of webforum history forever!

I wasnt gonna say anything, but since Joe did.... +1

3. Good luck! I truly wish you much success in being THE BEST gun shop in Franklin. ;)

(Hope you guys continue to kick the snot out of that other guy....;) )

Let's hope they already are! :)

• Administrator
hey all pretty new to TGO, i work at Franklin Gun Shop and since being on this forum have noticed that quite a few people have a rather large beef with the shop. wanted to start off by saying that on behalf of the owners would like to apologize for anyone who has been neglected at the shop, it was never our intention(we do have some guys working who have more bad days than most...i know its no excuse) anyway. those who have had a bad experience at the shop I'm sorry, we do our best to provide good customer service but everyone messes up. i know that we would love to have anyone who had a bad time, come back and let us try again. If you want to hate us fine, nothing i can do to change your mind but we would like the opportunity to try and change your perception of us. I know some of you rant about our prices, and granted some of them are higher but never hesitate to see if the boss will make you a deal. I know I for one as one of the younger guys who hopefully has several years at the shop want to treat every customer i encounter with the respect i would want to be treated with, but the unfortunate reality of retail is that some people can never be pleased no matter what you do. There was one post about a wife coming in our store to buy a present for her husband(dont know if its the same one im thinking of) and she was ignored, if its the same lady, i know that i asked her if she needed anything at least 4times. Now im not calling anyone a liar or that something did or didnt happen. Im just here to do what i can from the internet to help solve any issues that arise so this kind of thing doesnt happen again. So in closing anyone who has any questions/issues/complaints/concerns/ or general rantings please pm me or post a reply and hopefully we can get things sorted out

thanks

Daniel

Honestly I think that this sort of damage control should be done by the owner of the shop rather than by an employee. Not that I doubt your sincerity for one second, but the people want to know that this spirit of "making things right" goes all the way to the top. If only one guy in the trenches is the only person with a profound sense of customer service, then it's going to be mighty frustrating when a potential client comes in and doesn't get you, or worse yet, you get burned out being the only one who has this mentality and leave for greener pastures.

As an aside, I've been in there a few times and spoken with Brian about Franklin Gun Shop supporting the local gun owner community by becoming a Supporting Vendor here on TGO. He always seemed to dismiss it as if he was too busy to even talk about that. Perhaps a good way of making an inroad to the community would be to support the site that many of your customers and potential customers enjoy so much.

Just an idea.

I know some of you rant about our prices, and granted some of them are higher but never hesitate to see if the boss will make you a deal.

Some people like to haggle and some don't. I really don't, especially over the price of a new gun. I'll just go somewhere else with out saying a word to anyone. I'm the silent shopper. But that is just me.

Bought a spring there years ago for my AR because I was in a bind. Charged $3 bucks. Year later at another store just happen to mention in conversation about needing to pick up some spare springs. They gave me a few without even asking.

That shop already had most of my business (though it's a bit of a drive)... now they have my loyalty too. Small acts of kindness goes a long way in my book. It builds the relationship.

The place has a great inventory, one of the best... some there are real friendly and the place is always busy (a good sign). Unfortunately, no one is guaranteed a second chance in life. That is why first impressions are so important.

Guest jjerik1202

Yeah sorry about the lack of paragraphs and punctuation, I never did well in English class. I was also trying to type in between customers at a second job i work(gotta pay the crack dealer somehow). To TGO David I hear ya man i really do, but they have their own things going on and not really tech savvy to boot. I just figured someones got to do it and I'll fight in the trenches as hard as I can if that means the customer gets treated right.

Believe me Brian and Mike are of like mind when it comes to CS, unfortunately they get bombarded with not only running the business but dealing with larger customer issues. Just think of me as a portal to the owner so-to-speak I will relay what I can to them and reply as often as possible.

So on that note thanks for the beating on the grammar, I'll try to do better just bear with the blind squirrel.

Edited by jjerik1202

I don't live far from you and I am in there from time to time. Your shop is great, the service from the young guys is excellent and you stock a great selection.

The old guys get on my neves and if I wanted to hear someone's political banter I would listen to talk radio. It would not be so bad but everytime I am in there it goes on and since I am only in their once every couple of months that seems excessive. Just because I like stuff that goes boom doesn't mean I wear a tin foil hat. :rolleyes:

Your prices are high. I bought a g19 a couple of months ago and after taxes you would have been over 100.00 more than what I paid for it.

The last time I was there some a-hole was yelling at the guy with the white moustache and tin foil hat about trying to return a couple of pistols. He had bought them a couple of days before and you guys were trying to charge him a 15% restocking fee. They ended up calling the cops on him and too be honest I thought that was excessive. All he did was raise his voice and call his attorney for advice. I got the hell out of there as cops make me nervous. Especially in a gun store. That is not a slam on cops in any way and I appreciate their job and what they do. There is no way I would do it for the money they are paid. I get the same feeling around my uncle's German Shepard but still think she is a great dog.

p.s. I was told the price is what it is.

Edited by jwb68
Guest HexHead
hey David, good to know we are capable of good things lol seems like alot of people on here think us the devil incarnate. hope your doing well

Nah, though even my wife has been known to refer to you guys as "pirates" due to your pricing. :rolleyes:

Guest jjerik1202

Hey jwb68 yeah that guy that day brought that on himself, our policy is clearly stated and he just can't read, as for that glock 19 I'm not sure who you talked to but Brian will always deal specially for cash, check, or debit. We may not be able to beat anyones price but we will do our best to help you out.