Just applied for my TN HCP

Hey, guys. I applied for my HCP today. Paperwork is complete. Fees are paid. Fingerprints are taken. I'm really anxious to get this. I know they tell you you'll get it within 90 days, but I've heard of people getting in about 3 weeks. I've also heard that there was a huge increase in the amount of applicants since last November. Point being.. Does anyone out there know how backed up the state is right now with these things? Let me know!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Took the class with several guys (n gals) from work. The first wave of folks to complete the process received theirs I 4 - 6 weeks. I'm right at 6 weeks and still waiting on mine. I've heard that TBI began helping at some point and there's some speculation that the took part of the stack of pendings... Not so much first in first out. I would plan on 90 days and hope for 45. Use some of the wait time to get some. practice in and study up on TN gun laws. Good luck!!!

Guest iamtwon

Mine took 53 days from my visit to the TDOT Driver's Testing Center.

Call this number 1-866-849-3548 and get them to check the status of your permit (self explanatory menu options). They sometimes have already approved your permit, but haven't sent it out yet. This will get it sent out. It will take all of 10 business days to get to your door.

Got the permit in the mail Friday, Oct. 9th 2009.

• 1 month later...
Guest HexHead
I'd call in 3 weeks. Amazing how they seem to spring to action when you call. I think waiting 3 weeks is reasonable.

They tell you in class the state has 90 days to issue it and you think 21 days is reasonable? HAHAHAHAHA

Guest bkelm18
They tell you in class the state has 90 days to issue it and you think 21 days is reasonable? HAHAHAHAHA

;)

Chill. Many people have received it in under a month. So obviously the state finds it reasonable as well.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest B_Carter
Took me close to 75 days and I still havent received it in the mail yet.

Just out of curiosity because I am in the same boat, does this deter you from carrying?