• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest FroggyOne2

The first thought that came to mind was:

"Help, I've fallen and can't get up!"

Either it was for real, or the guy belongs in Hollywood for the great acting job!

Guest Gun Geek
The first thought that came to mind was:

"Help, I've fallen and can't get up!"

Either it was for real, or the guy belongs in Hollywood for the great acting job!

LMAO mine was.

"Help I've fallen and I cant reach my beer"

This is why I drink but have learned my limits. I don't like to be intoxicated anymore.

Guest H0TSH0T

LOL, so that is what happened last Tuesday, woke up on the front lawn , and my back side was in pain , and all this time i thought i was raped and to scared to ask what really happened at that party i was at.....(the guy must have thought to himself.)

Guest FroggyOne2
Wow. I thought he would never get up. He looks like a child learning to stand up on their own for the first time.

If he was the soberest one to go in to buy more, then how wasted is the rest of his group?

I think that his theme song is "I drink alone! Yeah, all by myself!"

Guest Matchguy

I was a highway cop on the west coast for 28 years and three times in my career I stopped at stop lights behind someone who didn't advance when the light turned green. Upon approaching the driver, in each case I found he had passed out drunk during the light phase with me behind him. In each case the engine was running, the car was in "drive", and the drunk's foot was on the brake. The three feet between me and the shift lever was the longest doggoned three feet on earth and about the most dangerous too. All I had to do is startle him a tiny bit with my movement and he'd have burned out with me half in and half out of the car. The three guys I'm referring to made the guy in the video look sober.....we literally had to lift and carry them out of the car. The drunkest person I ever encountered who was drunk on alcohol alone had a blood alcohol level of .44...anything above .40 is medically considered to be alcohol poisoning. I encountered drivers with b.a.'s of .38 on a number of occasions. The kind of thing in the video is pretty common stuff, really, and I retired fifteen years ago.

MG

Edited by Matchguy
I was a highway cop on the west coast for 28 years and three times in my career I stopped at stop lights behind someone who didn't advance when the light turned green. Upon approaching the driver, in each case I found he had passed out drunk during the light phase with me behind him. In each case the engine was running, the car was in "drive", and the drunk's foot was on the brake. The three feet between me and the shift lever was the longest doggoned three feet on earth and about the most dangerous too. All I had to do is startle him a tiny bit with my movement and he'd have burned out with me half in and half out of the car. The three guys I'm referring to made the guy in the video look sober.....we literally had to lift and carry them out of the car. The drunkest person I ever encountered who was drunk on alcohol alone had a blood alcohol level of .44...anything above .40 is medically considered to be alcohol poisoning. I encountered drivers with b.a.'s of .38 on a number of occasions. The kind of thing in the video is pretty common stuff, really, and I retired fifteen years ago.

MG

I have zero tolerance for drunk drivers.

I have been tagged 2 times, maybe 3 as the third time she didn't get a sobriety test.

If people are gonna drink I wish they would do it at home.

Heck, I like a beer or drink now and then,but I keep my azz on the farm!

Oh,the first one I was waiting on a train to pass and the drunk tagged me lightly. If he had not stopped,his big old Chevy would have put me in the train's path.

The second one I was a passenger and the driver was an airline pilot for Northwest Airlines.

He was so drunk that him and his buddy were going down I-40 at 80 mph throwing beer cans out the window and the girl in the middle of them changed seats so she could drive as we were following them to see where they were going.They were driving a Ford Ranger truck or something like it.

Heh,he,the thing is they were heading east and stopped at the waffle house that used to be at I-40 and Donelson pike to try and give us some grief. As my buddy and I pulled in I spotted two cops having coffee.

I tapped on the window and pointed to the parking lot.

They came out just in time to see these guys and the woman get out of the truck as beer cans hit the pavement! What a Kodak moment!

I wish they would just stay home!

It happened a long time ago.

Edited by tedbo
Guest Gun Geek

Tedbo, I have to agree with you, they should stay home. I was tagged by an old ford pickup while in an old ford wagon by a drunk driver when I was 6. I spent a week in the hospital, still have a couple scars from the shifter and the dashboard. A good reminder for me to know limits and stay home if drinking more than 2.

Matchguy, I would have been scared out of my wits as well trying to put a car in park with a sleeping drunk. Would it have been safer to back your car as close to his front bumper as possible? Well I guess you did have to act fast so that may not work, I dont know I have never been in that situation so I wouldnt actually know what to do and how to do it safely.

Guest Matchguy

Matchguy, I would have been scared out of my wits as well trying to put a car in park with a sleeping drunk. Would it have been safer to back your car as close to his front bumper as possible? Well I guess you did have to act fast so that may not work, I dont know I have never been in that situation so I wouldnt actually know what to do and how to do it safely.

Yeah, it's a judgement call, and it's one of those things that cannot be done safely....you just have to do it the best way you can and pray.....sortof like putting the pin back into a grenade. I figured if the guy woke up while I was trying to reposition the patrol car, then I have a passed out drunk driving the car into a busy intersection, prolly against a red light anyway, so I went for the shift lever.....and actually the first time I was on a motorcycle so it wouldn't have worked there at all. You don't get paid for a month's work in law enforcement. You get paid for the few minutes a month your posterior is hangin' out on a limb bigtime.

Jer

Edited by Matchguy

I think that folks who get arrested for drunk driving should be made to show up at every drunk driving accident in their county, in order to help the paramedics..hold trash bags or just to look and see what that kind of behavior brings.

if they get another conviction, take their license for LIFE. this kind of behavior is entirely preventable.