.45 carbines?

TNTitan

Anyone know of any good .45 ACP carbines out there? The only one I can find is the Beretta CX4 Storm and thats pretty expensive. Id like something along the lines of the Marlin Camp 45... they were $299 new before being discontinued, but used ones are more than double that now and very hard to find. Any other good options out there in the $500 or less range?

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think HiPoints been touting a .45 carbine since 2003... :)

Yeah. And scuttlebutt has it that they are REALLY close now. :)

Then again, ya never know when they may crank it out. There's a new 995 "tactical" model out, and yet HiPoint doesn't even show it on their website, go figger.

- OS

Yeah. And scuttlebutt has it that they are REALLY close now. :up:

Then again, ya never know when they may crank it out. There's a new 995 "tactical" model out, and yet HiPoint doesn't even show it on their website, go figger.

- OS

Here is the "scuttlebutt" from an engineer at HiPoint:

• 1st 4595 (.45 carbine) prototype made with old stock after some changes to the stock mold to make it stronger. Worked great !
  • Decided to postpone production until new stock was complete
  • After we decided on a design, after around 10 different CAD drawings and a couple wooden prototypes, finally agreed on one.
  • First prototype was made in 40 cal. and completely machined from a solid piece of garolite ( reinforced epoxy resin ).
  • Mold designed...This is not a simple process either. 2 large molds had to be made just for the stock portion of the 9 and 40-45 (they are different) Then there are other molds to be made such as..front shroud cover, rails, cheek pad, butt plate and plungers, small parts like the front snap clip and washer..ect... All of these parts must fit together after molding. Each mold, depending on the size, will take 6-8 weeks each just to build if my CAD designs are correct.
  • We decided to make the 9mm stock first....After finally getting parts, there is alot of testing involved, changes, and more changes.
  • Once correct, then we had the molds etched to get the textured finishes on the parts.
  • Made this stock fit all the older rifles we have out there. Which have had small changes through the years.
  • Ship some test models to get some feed back....
  • Front handle added and more rails...
  • Testing feedback good, changed all assembly processes for new stock to keep up.
  • Here is where we are as of September 21, 2009: Molds for 40-45 are being made and close. As stated, lots of testing to do after we get parts.

Pictures of the demos

i2ondx.jpg

dsc05138c.jpg

Im getting one when its released. (if I'm still alive)

Here is the "scuttlebutt" from an engineer at HiPoint:

Pictures of the demos

i2ondx.jpg

dsc05138c.jpg

Im getting one when its released. (if I'm still alive)

Those are already out in 9mm, called the 995 TS.

T&T had some at the last show at the Jacobs building.

About $235 as opposed to $199.99.

I prefer the old ugly to the new ugly. ;)

- OS

Hi Point has been promising a .45ACP carbine for years now. At least 2003 as the commenter above said, possibly longer. I'd have to go digging through a forum to find it, but I know I posted an email I received from them at least that far back saying it was coming out Real Soon Now.

I've got one of their 9mm carbines and it works quite well. A .45 would be well received I think.

Those are already out in 9mm, called the 995 TS.

T&T had some at the last show at the Jacobs building.

About $235 as opposed to $199.99.

I prefer the old ugly to the new ugly. ;)

- OS

I am rather fond of the new ugly. :screwy:

The new ugly really did speak to me today!

- OS

The new ugly really did speak to me today!

- OS

LOL it was whispering to Karin just before.

I could not believe she held it. And that is as far as that will go.

I am glad I gave in to not waiting for the .45 model.

I am hopeful it will speak some more tomorrow.;)