Misfortion

Guest birdman

Guest birdman

We've all been dealt a pretty hard hand at some point in life. Sometimes you feel like no matter what you do your just digging deeper into a pile of ****. Anybody care to elaborate?

I'm dealing with the usual stuff I keep seeing posted on a bunch of forums I frequent and thought maybe this would help me cope with all this crap. Let's all have a good time reminiscing about when you didn't have a pot to piss in or ended it with a broad that just wasn't cutting it anymore.

I'm sure this might land the wrong way with some people so first and foremost- If you don't wanna talk about it, then don't! :down:

I'm sure when i pull myself out of this ****hole I'll be able to joke about how crazy she was or how horrible these raman noodles taste I'm munching on right now. So let's hear it!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thirty years back, with a wife and three kids, living in a tent, mac and cheese. My kids still talk about it. They remember it as a highlight of their younger years. It's just a matter of perspective. Keep your chin up. Keep your nose to the grindstone. Things will change.

Birdman, if it makes you feel any better, when I was 22, I had just started working toward my graduate degree. After already being in school full time for 4 years and only working part time, I was as broke as broke could be. I used to eat what was to be known later as "The Losers Lunch" which consisted of exactly 1 piece of Bologna in your hand and, if you were lucky enough, a couple of packs of mustard that you stole from somewhere. I had morning classes, and worked in the afternoon. One particular day I didn't have time to go back to my apartment before work to grab something to eat. I was starving, and all I could think about was a pack of corndogs in the freezer that I had scraped up enough money to buy. I made it back home after work only to find my roommate and a plate full of corndog sticks. Short of people dying, I believe that was one of the most crushing moments in my life.

Guest birdman
Birdman, if it makes you feel any better, when I was 22, I had just started working toward my graduate degree. After already being in school full time for 4 years and only working part time, I was as broke as broke could be. I used to eat what was to be known later as "The Losers Lunch" which consisted of exactly 1 piece of Bologna in your hand and, if you were lucky enough, a couple of packs of mustard that you stole from somewhere. I had morning classes, and worked in the afternoon. One particular day I didn't have time to go back to my apartment before work to grab something to eat. I was starving, and all I could think about was a pack of corndogs in the freezer that I had scraped up enough money to buy. I made it back home after work only to find my roommate and a plate full of corndog sticks. Short of people dying, I believe that was one of the most crushing moments in my life.

LOL great story! A fight may have ensued if that happened to me!

Bird,sounds like you're broke,and have a bitch girlfriend.

At 22,I wrecked a bike,put me in a chair,lost my fiancee,and I'm still eating Raman noodles. It sucks,but such is life.

However,one thing I will not put up with is a bitch. At the first sign of bitch,I stick my foot in her ass,and go find another.

Those girls are good for nothing but destroying you,and at the first sign of weakness,they'll leave you holding a bag of dead hamsters.

Get rid of her,go to a bar,find a new one,and report back in the morning! :down:

Guest birdman
Bird,sounds like you're broke,and have a bitch girlfriend.

At 22,I wrecked a bike,put me in a chair,lost my fiancee,and I'm still eating Raman noodles. It sucks,but such is life.

However,one thing I will not put up with is a bitch. At the first sign of bitch,I stick my foot in her ass,and go find another.

Those girls are good for nothing but destroying you,and at the first sign of weakness,they'll leave you holding a bag of dead hamsters.

Get rid of her,go to a bar,find a new one,and report back in the morning! :D

LOl some great replies here. I laughed at every post! As far as the girl, you pretty much hit it on the head. Things started going south for me and she got more and more sketch as time went on. Here lately she's just been a complete bitch and I had to end it. Its hard but I feel good now that I'm free. It's just depressing because we had been through thick and thin together. There were countless times I bent over backwards for her always thinking she'd be around when something like this happens. I'll never be that stupid again.

Unfortunately this weekends bar trip yeilded nothing but a bad hangover. Theres always next weekend though:).

Reading this thread reminded me of the desperate times me and my wife went through when we first got married. As most people know, the first year of marriage can be a trying time. I was 18 and she was 19 and we moved to Petersburg, Va. where I was stationed in the Air Force at Ft. Lee. Even with her working part time, our monthly income just barely got us through.

One day we were literaly down to two chicken pot pies to last us until payday. While the pies were cooking in the oven we got into one of our daily (hourly) arguments and things were said that shouldn't have been said, but they were. When it was time to get the pies out of the oven, just as she was bent over and pulling the pies out, I said the wrong thing.

As she raised up with the boiling pies in the pan, she gave the pan a sling and both pies came flying through the air right toward my face. Miraculously I ducked just in time to prevent my face from being slathered in boiling chicken juice. I didn't say anything else.

But as bad as those days were, we stuck it out and found ways to make life fun. 39 years later and we're still together and laugh about the flying pies every once in a while. Life is a roller coaster and when you are down, don't despair, the road goes up just ahead.

Guest birdman
Reading this thread reminded me of the desperate times me and my wife went through when we first got married. As most people know, the first year of marriage can be a trying time. I was 18 and she was 19 and we moved to Petersburg, Va. where I was stationed in the Air Force at Ft. Lee. Even with her working part time, our monthly income just barely got us through.

One day we were literaly down to two chicken pot pies to last us until payday. While the pies were cooking in the oven we got into one of our daily (hourly) arguments and things were said that shouldn't have been said, but they were. When it was time to get the pies out of the oven, just as she was bent over and pulling the pies out, I said the wrong thing.

As she raised up with the boiling pies in the pan, she gave the pan a sling and both pies came flying through the air right toward my face. Miraculously I ducked just in time to prevent my face from being slathered in boiling chicken juice. I didn't say anything else.

But as bad as those days were, we stuck it out and found ways to make life fun. 39 years later and we're still together and laugh about the flying pies every once in a while. Life is a roller coaster and when you are down, don't despair, the road goes up just ahead.

LOL glad I haven't gotten THAT lucky yet but I'm sure i will someday:)* Thanks for getting my thread back on track. I didn't post to whine about my situation or for sympathy. I'm just looking for a good laugh and a good story.

*I did however dodge a 70 mph cell phone that put a hole in the wall a while back though.

Since you're only 22, the smart money says you will. :P

- OS

Ha! Thats part of the fun,I suppose,is finding those no good girls,and finding new ways to get rid of them without a late night calling of tha p0p0

Ouch......

The worst place to look for a mate is in a bar.:D

Incorrect. The best place to find a mate is a bar.

The worst place to find a life partner is in a bar.

Big difference there!

You'll climb out of it. I hate to say it but the first step is gettin over the woman. They can take you down. My ex wife left me broke and took me to the cleaners. I survived by living mostly off squirrels for months. I made peanut butter and razor blade squirrel traps and set them outside my window everyday and collected them at night. I also picked up road kill and ate it. A feast was a McD's hamburger. It took awhile but i did come out of my funk but it wasn't until I could put the woman behind me. Too many drunk nights feeling bad for myself didn't help. Life can really suck at times but you'll look back at them some day and chuckle.

Now for the past 23 years I have lived a golden life with the best woman ever! What a difference the right woman makes.

Good luck

Guest Swamprunner

Chin up, dude. My first one left me with two small boys, one autistic. I vowed to raise these boys the right way, and we toughed it out together. Later, got back into Church. Now I have a great bunch of friends, the kind you can depend on.

If there are any good women out there, and by that, I mean any that don't go from zero to bitch in 2.5 seconds, I haven't found them.

Guest coldblackwind

When I first moved here from NY, I moved with a friend, and my girlfriend at the time. Between the three of us, we had 2 cars, one of which was put out of commission part way down, managed to limp it to manchester. Anyways, we had 2 cars, and whatever we could fit into an '85 firebird and '97 neon 2 door, no job prospects, no place to live. Lived in the days inn in manchester for about a week, then moved to an apartment where we had a 10 year old tv that started life as a kmart display model, set on a cardboard box, in front of 3 camp chairs. We were sleeping in 3 old beat up sleeping bags on the floor(one my dad picked up in the 70's after it fell off an oil truck, one that had battery acid spilled on it, so my roomate didn't dare wash it for fear it would fall apart, and another that was purchased in the 70's at some point). The high point of the first 6 months in that apartment was when my roommate managed to bring his old microwave down from NY, so we didn't have to cook the canned food that was all we could afford on the stove anymore! Flash forward 8 months, the girl's moved out, me and the other guy are eating nothing but ramen noodles, and we're about a week from rent being due, neither has a job, and we have less than $100 between us. We finally both got a job at Sanford in shelbyville, and we had to carpool until the first paycheck because we could only afford 1 tank of gas between us. Oh yeah, and I broke my toe the day before I had to start work at the factory job that required me to stand 8 hours a day on a concrete floor.

This could be handy for after doomsday, but I can't quite picture how it would work...elaborate?

- OS

Kind of disgusting but here goes. Hollow out a depression in a 2x4 block and insert a double edge razor blade in the depression so it's upright and then fill with peanut butter. When a squirrel tastes his own blood he will continue to lick it until he bleeds to death. Very effective but like a said not for the faint at heart. I have others even more effective than this. Maybe on a shtf thread.

Edited by KarlS
spelling
Kind of disgusting but here goes. Hollow out a depression in a 2x4 block and insert a double edge razor blade in the depression so it's upright and then fill with peanut butter. When a squirrel tastes his own blood he will continue to lick it until he bleeds to death. Very effective but like a said not for the faint at heart. I have others even more effective than this. Maybe on a shtf thread.

Wow, did you hear about this from some other source, or discover it yourself?

Google reveals nothing about this lore.

I'll keep it in mind for use during the End Times, but don't suppose I'll try it out first.

- OS

Wow, did you hear about this from some other source, or discover it yourself?

Google reveals nothing about this lore.

I'll keep it in mind for use during the End Times, but don't suppose I'll try it out first.

- OS

No source but an idea from observation and an experiment with help in design. A 22 would have been far better but I was living in an apartment in Iowa while at school. No don't think google would have that one.

Guest logicprevails

Here's some irony worth a chuckle: We had just made our final payment on our daughter's medical bills (we now own her illness free and clear, evidently). We go to the mail box and have 2 pieces of mail: one from the medical center and one from the IRS. We open the IRS mail first to find a note saying we owe $2K+ from a couple years back....then we open the mail from the medical center and find a refund check....for......$.01! Yep a check was mailed to us for a freakin' penny! Felt like 'Just a friendly reminder that you're financially screwed, please enjoy being homeless in the near future!' I feel like endorsing the check and leaving it in a 'leave a penny-take a penny' jar. Between the wife and I we have 5 jobs, still can't get ahead....medical bills and stuff. Feels like we're Jamaicans.