Kholster - Review and 10% Off

Does all that leather against the body make u hot?

I have the "crescent moon" for my Glock 27 and even though I get hot and perspire very easily, I have yet to sweat under my Kholster. I wear a belly band rig a lot around my house especially when I'm mowing or working outside, and it's usually soaking wet at the end of the day.....but not my Kholster.

I've heard a couple members of the forum in the past say that they've trimmed some leather off their Kholster with some heavy duty shears to make it more of a custom fit for them.......I personally don't think I'd ever do that. I'm getting ready to order a "full moon" for my Glock 23 and I'll let you guys know how the extra leather on that one feels.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not crazy about taking a heatgun or hairdryer to it to make it work. There is a pretty big size difference between a 226 and a 225, where does the extra plastic go?

Most likely gonna go with another crossbreed, which I love on my 1911.

Collin, I'm sorry you couldn't get one for your Sig. I'm in the same boat with my EMP for now too. Hopefully Jimmy will add some more molds very soon so we can all "get covered!" ;)

I'm not crazy about taking a heatgun or hairdryer to it to make it work. There is a pretty big size difference between a 226 and a 225, where does the extra plastic go?

Most likely gonna go with another crossbreed, which I love on my 1911.

It is not a big difference.

from Jimmy at Kholster:

Thank you for your interest in Kholster. My web site is wrong – or so people tell me. I have a mold for the 220/226. I thought it should fit the P6/225 but some tell me it doesn’t. I’m trying to get my hands on a mold for the 225 and will let you know when I do.

Ready to Serve,

Jimmy McDonnell

Kholster LLC, St. Louis, MO

www.kholster.com

877-KHOLSTER

877-546-5783

"we've got you covered"

• 2 months later...

I know what you mean Jack. I'm STILL loving mine! :D

I got another for my Glock 23. The 23 fit in the one I had for my 27 (a "Crescent Moon"), but the end of the barrel stuck down past the leather a little.....enough to bother me when I was driving or bending. I wound up getting the G23 it's own "Full Moon" and it's much more comfy. I can carry the 27 in the 23 holster....just not the other way around.

Just for the sake of comparison and to see what all the fuss was about, I ordered a Minotaur M-Tac in the neutral cant version for my G23. My conclusion is that they are WAY over rated! Comparing the M-Tac to my Kholster, this is what I found: The M-Tac is not as secure and tends to raise up on my belt when I bend over (Kholster's steel clips are much better than M-TAC's kydex ones); The M-Tac isn't even close to being as comfortable as the Kholster; M-TAC's do not have the depth and cant range of the Kholster; M-TAC's kydex mold does not fit as nicely as Kholster's and is more difficult to unholster and reholster; M-TAC's are double the cost of a Kholster.

IMO, Kholster is STILL the best value in IWB holsters and wins hands down over M-TAC! :rolleyes:

I've never tried a Supertuck, so I can't compare those to the Kholster. Before I bought the M-TAC, I was debating between that and the Supertuck. The main thing that swayed me toward the M-TAC is that I like to carry with a neutral cant at 1-2 o'clock, and Minotaur offers a Neutral Cant version of their M-TAC. Crossbreed specifically states that they don't recommend the Supertuck if you want a neutral cant.

Now, if Jimmy would just start making a Kholster for an EMP I'd be happy! :P

I just bought a supertuck from a local store. You could adjust the supertuck close to neutral, but then the rear clip would be about an inch above the leather. So it probably wouldn't be comfortable when seated, the rear clip may dig in a little.

Guest Bonedaddy

Got a question for ya'll-I never find any of these sites that have my gun listed-Stoeger Cougar 8000, but I've heard that Sig P220,226 are pretty much the same. Should I trust this with Kydex?

Bonedaddy,

I'd email Jimmy at Kholster and ask him. I'm sure he'd know and wouldn't steer you wrong. If you buy a Kholster from him and you don't like it for any reason within 90 days, you can get your money back, no questions asked. Plus, it's gauranteed for life against breakage or defects in material or workmanship.