Best Suppressor for 5.56 / and pictures

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think most people will say the Surefire or the AAC. Repacking is age-old technology. Baffles are decade old but in use. Most are titanium and inconel. Gemtech and AWC made nice suppressors but they're pretty heavy. Ops- INC has the SPR contract but there have been some POI shift. KAC's are ok but you can get a lot better for the money. I have never used the SRT suppressors but have heard some good things about them.

For cleaning - spray some break-free or carbon out, let it sit, pour it out and shoot...

You can't go wrong with GemTech or SRT. Both always have the among most effective suppressors on the market, and both companies will stand behind their product 100%. As stated above, the take-down feature is over-rated. Spray it down, let it sit and rinse. Or just drop it in an ultrasonic tank with the proper solution.

I've got an old Triple X .223 suppressor (no longer made) that I just drop in a bucket of Ed's Red when it starts looking cruddy inside. Next day, I fish it out, swish it around, and blow it out with compressed air.

You are not going to go wrong with any of the "big names". AAC, Gemtech, Surefire, KAC ($$$) all make great stuff. You just need to decide exactly what you want in a suppressor. Do you want a quick detach? Do you want a lightweight one? Do you want a sealed or non-sealed can? You need to consider all of these things before you buy a suppressor because most likely you will keep it forever.

If you have questions, ask. Also, you could go ask questions at silencerresearch & silencertalk. There are many manufactures who post on both sites in their respective forums.

High powered rifle suppressors are generally sealed cans. This is for safety & liability. Much has changed through the years.

Guest sjrhodes82

I have a Yankee Hill Phantom and it work wonderfully. I shoot it both on my Ar-15 and my M16. I've run several clips through it full auto and got it hot, but still does just fine.

Guest TurboniumOxide

I am starting this process myself. The guys at hero gear are helping me. (Thanks Joe). Anyone else here in the Chattanooga Area been through this?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest redbarron06

I just got my SAS M47 a week ago and cant be happier. I orderd directly from them and I dont think you can beat the price. It is my first can so I dont have anything to compair it to.

DSCN1962.jpg

DSCN1963.jpg

DSCN1964.jpg

Guest redbarron06
Let me know how you like that SAS M47. A friend turned me onto them and it is what I am planning on getting next year.

So far I love it. have only gotten to shoot about a mag through it but it takes a hot 50JHP and makes it sound like a 22LR. Just have to remimber that in the packing list for the range you now have to include a pot holder. :drool:

The guy is up in Evansville In and does each can by hand and he has contracts with a couple of PDs and SOs so it will take some time. They have a 5 inch can to but it goes straight on to the barrel. i am actually sending my TC Encore 22/250 barrel to him next week to have it threaded and a comp installed so I can use the can with it. His 30 cal cans are rated to take 300WM so whenm I get my 308 done it wont be any problem.

If you are in the Nashville are and have a place to shoot I would be happy to bring it out and demo it for you.

Guest redbarron06
I've been looking A LOT at the AAC in this caliber.

I dont have any experinece with the AAC but I also looked into them, and if you dont mind a couple extra weeks in waiting this one came up to a little more than half the price. So you are actually getting a high end can for an entry level price.