Muzzleloader Season Updates

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TWRA changed it to 3 bucks for the whole state this year.

I have to drool at your bag limits! Here we can take one buck...no does. ML season has been a bust for not only myself but all my hunting buddies. Nobody is even seeing deer. I jumped one buck in cover so thick you couldn't shoot at 10 ft. We had severe winter kill 2 years in a row. With over 160" of snow it's tough on deer!

Left NH for son/dil's house in MO for birth of GD so gave up the rest of ML season and start on gun when I get back. Tempting to stay and hunt MO but have to go. We saw well over 300 dead deer between PA and MO on the road!

Guest JustMyLuck
Nice!!!!

I like the Muzzleloader to.. :shrug:

Winchester Apex .50 cal

Load was 100 grns Pyrodex Pellets w/ Hornady 250 gr. SST

60-70 yards

Thanks for the comments,

JML

Edited by JustMyLuck

It has been a pretty decent muzzleloader season here in Dickson Co. Both of these bucks were taken on my property. The first one was about 10 minutes after sunrise on opening morning of ML and the other was this past Friday morning. The bucks around here are heavy after the doe for the last week. I am saving my last buck for a big buck I saw last week....but I have not seen him since.

07NovDeer032.jpg

IMG00153-20091113-0708.jpg

I'm curious how much property do you have?

I always wonder how what it would take to have a good hunting spot to have a chance at something like that.

We only have 20 acres.....the property is pretty secluded (nearest house to ours is a mile away) and have a couple hundred acres of woods and cattle fields between our property and the next nearest house. These deer ate very well this summer with all the rain we had. I have been out here 3 years, and this year I have seen some very nice deer compared to the previous two. There is one very nice buck that I saw last week that I would love to have a shot at.....12-Point and very good sized body, but I have not seen him since last week when he was chasing a doe. If I bag that big boy, I will be sure to post pics....He is definately a keeper...

Guest clutepc
here is the buck i shot monday eve. it is a 6/7 point taken off of the percy priest wma. He sure made for a long drag.

photo0008n.th.jpg

Nice!!!

Dragging them out can be a workout that's for sure..!!

Congratulations to everyone who posted a kill on this thread. You beat me, as all I've killed with my muzzleloader was a stinking coyote. Not the black one I posted that my father killed, just a regular old coyote.:dropjaw: Unless someone gets one tomorrow, and the morning weather forecast looks favorable, I'll see you on here posting pictures of rifle season deer. Good luck to one and all. Thanks for the responses.