Where's Tower Contest

Mike.357

Who can come up with the best scenario as to what has happened to Tower.

I will go first.

Tower was called back into service for a special spy mission. Mars is acting as his liason on the mission. I believe it involves communication towers. High altitude sniping might be involved. The entire operation will be kept very hush hush. No one involved will ever peak of the details.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Phantom6
Who can come up with the best scenario as to what has happened to Tower.

I will go first.

Tower was called back into service for a special spy mission. Mars is acting as his liason on the mission. I believe it involves communication towers. High altitude sniping might be involved. The entire operation will be kept very hush hush. No one involved will ever peak of the details.

:eek:Don't tell anybody but here's the streight dope on his clandestined activity- I heard it from a guy that knows this guy that has a brother-in-law that owns a Yak that Tower's mission was to take out the "Great Pumpkin". Yeah, he did a HAHO jump, flew his chute 40 miles to the target (the top of the WBIR tower on Sharps ridge) caught hold of it with a ballisticly employed grappling device as he cut his chute away, waited for the right moment and snuffed the King Punkin' his-own-self. Then after a 20 minute climb down from the tower and completing his ex-fil via a '63 Volkswagen Beetle North on I-75, then up Hwy. 11 toward the Tri-cities area he thought he was home safe. Unfortunately he lost his wheels (the squirrels went on strike) somewhere around Bean Station and had to thumb his way all the way back to Kingsport. After spending hours being de-briefed by Mars he was just too tired to make the trip. Though his mission was successful, the Great Pumkin had already ordered the attack on the E.TN TGO shoot which was of course was successfully repelled by those in attendance today. :D Don't tell any one. And if he tells a different story you gotta understand it's just his cover. :D

Guest Phantom6
oh my Goodness!!

Guys, I apologize for not showing.

a couple of things came up and I've lost track of days...

I'm here and so is Julie.

If he tells a different story you gotta understand it's just his cover. :cry:

Phantom all your conections were able to fill in a lot of the blanks in the Tower mystery.

I never made the connection between yesterdays pumpkin attack and a possible hit on the potentate Great Pumpkin. Those nasty orange beasts needed to be stopped.

Way to go Tower!

We missed you guys yesterday for sure.

Well personally, I'm crushed. Since they got married Tower and Julie don't call me or write to me any more. :cry:

we will BOTH make an honest attempt at meeting up for lunch at some point in time for some great BBQ and some better conversation!

I'm STILL hoping that will happen as I have that book "The Woodbine Twineth" by Shirley Joiner Thompson, to loan to you. Its a book about the Joiner and Drury families from way back when..and their kinfolk, as well as the general state of being of S. Ga, N. Fla at the time.

It was published in 1971...and has all SORTS of interesting facts in it.

it was locally published and I don't think you can get a copy...well perhaps YOU can..but I would suspect it would be no mean feat even for you!

Upon reading that, I found that there were Kinfolk from my Mothers' side of the family in the 4th Ga. Regiment under a Col. Styles...in the war of Northern Aggression.

Nice to know both sides were in the fight! :D