Need a lil info

Guest TXRoadhouse

Guest TXRoadhouse

Hey guys, hadnt been on here in a while but was lookin for a lil info before my vacation. headed to gattlinburg tomorrow night and was wonderin bout how they (the stores) are with carrying, open/concealed, and the resturaunts down there. this is my first vacationin 8 years so needless to say i am excited. Also i would like a nice resturaunt recomendation since its our anniversary.

Thanks all.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JHatmaker

Unless you think Pancake houses are nice...or maybe the Comedy Barn...

Seriously though, I'm sure there's some decent places to eat there. They have the usual chains, and from what I recall there are a couple nice places in Pigeon Forge.

Happy Anniversary!

Regarding carrying, you should be fine, just don't be surprised if you open carry and get funny looks from the Mom's (there's always a ton of Kids in Gburg, but going during the week will help with that)

If you have never been to Gburg before, it's a pain in the arse leaving on Sunday, takes hours to get to the Interstate from Gburg City limits, so unless you like sitting in traffic leave as early as possible that morning.

Should be real pretty right now.

IIRC, it's a bit of a hodge podge of post/no post, but surprisingly overall lightly posted. Calhoun's does not like guns, so Copper Cellar is out as well. (same owner).

Cherokee Grill is a great restaraunt, and as of last visit anyway, was not posted.

Due to the mixture of folks, from various places, I personnaly wouldn't open carry, but that's your call.

Another good place( i don't know about ope carry) but it's "Ye Olde Steakhouse". My mom and dad used to eat there when they were living in Knoxville. I have been a few times and they have some of the best steaks around. I think it was voted one of the top ten restaurants in TN( maybe even the nation) at some time.

Guest TXRoadhouse

Thanks guys, we have been there before, but its been a while. We knew about Calhouns ate there once a couple years ago when we lived in JC and made a wkend trip. have heard good things bout the cherokee grill and may check them out.

Cherokee Grill is good. I believe it is the Prospector Steak that I like. The Pedler (sp?) is supposed to be good, but I have not been. I know it is a little pricey.

I have been there several times, and I do know the cops can be a little testy. I can understand why when dealing with all the people, but I think they may question you for open carry. I always carry concealed, and I have never had any problems there or ran into any postings that I can think of right off hand.

If you like tobacco products, stop be the Gatlinburlier Tobacco shop in the mall. I like to sample the chew.

By the way, Ye Olde is a pretty good little drive out of Gatlinburg. There used to be a place in Seveirville called Tolby's (sp?) that was great, and it was just off the square. Someone told me it closed, but I do not know for sure. Great place if it is still there.

Edited by dats82
Guest Bluemax

Log Cabin Pancake House, Their pancakes are good but their country ham and biscuits with redeye gravy are awesome

For dinner Ye Olde can't be beat but as some else said it's half way to Knoxvile, Longhorn Steakhouse in Pigeon Forge would be my next suggestion but if you would like to meet some people from the forum we are trying to put a dinner together at the Shrimp Dock in Sevierville together on Sat the 14th at 6:00

Forgot to mention Howards Steak House in Gatlinburg, Last time the warden and I ate there we shared a Greek style porterhouse, This thing was probably 20 oz and was served with not only a potato but grilled asparagus, onions, peppers and zuchinni. They had to bring it to the table on a tray it was so much food. I'm not sure if this is on the menu every night but it would be worth checking on

Edited by Bluemax
Guest TXRoadhouse

Thanks again. would love to meet some of yall, but that time sat i plan on being in JC with the family n friends havin dinner gettin ready for the ufc fight that night. but anyhow :lol: to all n shoot straight.

BTW i love me a good chew every now n then, but mostly stick to cope snuff.