Texas AG suing Chicago's Mayor Daley

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Note that Abbott and the other state attorneys general did NOT file a lawsuit. They are not suing anyone - the blogger's headline is incorrect.

Rather, they authored and filed a "friend of the court" brief in support of striking the Chicago ban in the upcoming Supreme Court hearing.

- OS

I wonder if there is any interest in actually going after Bloomburg? I would think there are a few AG's mad at his sending "undercover operatives" out to try to make other states look bad over gun show laws.

I would contribute to this effort

Mark

Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott today took legal action to protect Texans’ Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms.

Can't carry in bars in Texas.

Can't even open carry.

Not exactly a shining bastion of 2A rights there either.

Exactly.

He doesn’t need to file a suit against a Mayor in another state. Get your own house in order first.

The Chicago gun ban is already headed for the SCOTUS. This is a political ploy at the expense of the taxpayers. I find this every bit as appalling as the thread about St. Louis throwing away ridiculous amounts of money on badges for high ranking cops.

Exactly.

He doesn’t need to file a suit against a Mayor in another state. ...

He didn't.

Merely filed an amicus curiae ("friend of the court") letter with the court, along with 38 other attorney generals.

He apparantly had done the same before Heller was decided.

- OS

He didn't.

Merely filed an amicus curiae ("friend of the court") letter with the court, along with 38 other attorney generals.

He apparantly had done the same before Heller was decided.

- OS

Oh I see. Well that’s okay then. :drama:

(But he should still recognize the 2<SUP>nd</SUP> in his own state)

Can't carry in bars in Texas.

Can't even open carry.

Not exactly a shining bastion of 2A rights there either.

- OS

1) the AG doesn't write the laws

2) Tx was shall issue before Tn

3) rifles in vehicles was okay in Tx before Tn