Any MSAR owners here?

rjmech

Stopped in G&L last night to browse and got to fondle a STG556 (class act place as usual). I've never owned a bullpup type carbine before and was pleasantly suprised at the ease of use and balance of this firearm. I will probably look at getting the E4 model, which accepts AR mags and will most likely get the railed version to mount an Aimpoint or Eotech instead of the factory optic. I am wondering the impressions of those who own one or have shot with one.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been watching them for a while and CDNN has the version without the scope for under 1k now! I would like a 6.8 version. Steyr is supposed to be making the original AUG available sometime soon as well. Could help drive prices down a bit.

Edited by Smith

I got the standard MSAR and honestly im damned impressed with the fit and finish. I definitely would not pay the $400-500 over the $1,000 Msar for the E4 model. Most reports on the AUG are that its actually not as good a shooter as the MSAR, and the customer service isnt all too great either. For the price you can right now buy 2 MSARs or 1 and a nice 1911 :-D

Guest Tom@GunDepot

I have a MSAR E4 in OD Green and Black with optic package absolutely Love the gun! I was very surprised on how accurate it is...... very loud though LOL

Guest Brian@GunDepot

Here is mine....

viodi8.jpg

I like it... pretty accurate from hip firing at 50 yds with the iron sights and optics. Gun is unbelievably easy to clean, strip and use.

I like it better than the ps90 and f2000. Just need a microtech knife to go with it. :drool:

Guest Papabear
Here is mine....

viodi8.jpg

I like it... pretty accurate from hip firing at 50 yds with the iron sights and optics. Gun is unbelievably easy to clean, strip and use.

I like it better than the ps90 and f2000. Just need a microtech knife to go with it. :biglol:

Can I ask why you prefer this over the PS90 and FS2000? Just wanted your opinion on why this was a better pick than those 2 guns.

Guest Tom@GunDepot
Brian and Tom...do either one of you use BUIS's with this? If so which ones do you recommend...I got an ACOG on mine atm, but would like some flip ups too. (its the railed non E4 model)

We got the model with the optic already installed, so I don't have any experience using buis with this... although the optic has a built in iron sight on top of it that works well for ~50 yards.

We got the model with the optic already installed, so I don't have any experience using buis with this... although the optic has a built in iron sight on top of it that works well for ~50 yards.

Thanks for the info...Im using an Acog so I doubt backup sights would ever be needed anyways...I guess if it got to that I probably wouldnt have much time to aim as it was lol.

Guest Tom@GunDepot
Can I ask why you prefer this over the PS90 and FS2000? Just wanted your opinion on why this was a better pick than those 2 guns.

Honestly.... price.

FN guns are well made, but the fs2000 was/is significantly higher in price. The ps90 price is similar to the msar, but the ammo selection is limited so that kinda ruins it for me. If I owned a FN 5.7 then I'd probably add the ps90 to the stable.

The MSAR at the price we bought them was a steal.... Davidsons ran a special on them a few months back and we jumped on em. Evidently this was a one time thing because dealer cost is back to where it was before. :-/

So basically I'm not saying the MSAR is better, its just cheaper on the wallet.

(this is Brian, not Tommy... :D)

Edited by Tom@GunDepot
The bullpup thing is really growing on me and Ive started to see some bullpup AK variants out there. Anyone know anything about those?

By the way, the STG looks awesome and if I could afford one, I would probably already have it.

I feel the same way. I have never showed the bullpups any interest until I got one in my hands. Thanks for all of the replies. I guess it may be worth it to eat Ramen noodles for a while to pick one up:D

wait...they make one that takes ar mags??? thats flippin sweet! their so readily available. is the ar mag much different from the standard msar mag?

Price wise that model (E4) is about $300-400 more. You can however get the non AR version and retrofit it later if thats your thing for approx the same price. The factory mags are pretty dang high quality and right now til the 28th are only $14.00 each through ratworx so.....I think thats the better route.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest colombianito1021

what is the difference between the MSAR and AUG? which one takes ar mags? i have aboout 20 pmags and it would be awesome if i could use it with another type of rifle. what are the relative prices? they have a bullpup type rifle at the main px and if price is right ill purchase it....what do you guys think?>

Edited by colombianito1021