What are you doing/eating for Christmas?

Guest boatme99

Guest boatme99

This should be good.:D

I'm at my sisters with niece, nephew in-law, and a friend. During the day we'll do some shooting off the deck. Nephew i/l is bringing his 1911, I just p/u a Ruger M77 30-06, and of course all the other toys around the house.

Then we'll get down to business! I'm roasting 2 prime ribs (we LIKE roast beef!), some kind of mashed potatoes, sauteed brussles sprouts, a black forest cheesecake and a pineapple upsidedown cake.

Of course there's the wine, cosmos for the ladies, scotch, and Mexicancoffee for after...:D

How about you?

MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Gun Geek

Quiet Christmas for me.

I am off the rest of the week. Going shopping tomorrow, then sitting on my bum Christmas eve, well untill the wee one falls asleep, then it is Santa assembly time. I am sure there will be a few choice words about small parts and "some assembly required". But the assembly will occur sometime before 5am. :D

It will be just my spouse, daughter and I together on Christmas day.(thank goodness, I don't get along with the inlaws). We will take video as the little one opens gifts and then play with the toys all day. Unfortunately she has discovered Barbies so dad may not play as much as when she was into Pixar Cars. Although she is getting a set of Nerf guns from me, ahhh her first projectile toy.:D

Hmmm. A LOT!!

Traditional Christmas food Thursday evening after Mass (we don't do midnight mass) lots of deserts at the wife's Aunt and Uncle's. Late night of set up for the kids, Christmas morning festivities, breakfast at my house for us, my mom and step dad, aunt and uncle, MIL/FIL, BIL/SIL their kids. Breakfast will include cheese grits, eggs, BACON, biscuits, gravy, sausage balls, and some other stuff I'm sure. Lunch at my Uncle's house in Miss. some more presents for the kids, nap, football, nap, off to the MIL/FIL's, more presents, a full Italian dinner, lasagna, italian spinach, salad, bread, booze, deserts...then pass out drunk.:D:D

traditional brunch....wife, daughter, daughter's boyfriend, and myself. We will have sausage & egg casserole, cheese grits, sausage gravy, biscuits, cinnamon rolls, hash brown taters, and bacon bacon bacon. Then we will be lazy and watch "A Christmas Story" ALL DAY LONG!!!!! Ah, Christmas......

Guest Bluemax
Quiet Christmas for me.

I am off the rest of the week. Going shopping tomorrow, then sitting on my bum Christmas eve, well untill the wee one falls asleep, then it is Santa assembly time. I am sure there will be a few choice words about small parts and "some assembly required". But the assembly will occur sometime before 5am. :D

It will be just my spouse, daughter and I together on Christmas day.(thank goodness, I don't get along with the inlaws). We will take video as the little one opens gifts and then play with the toys all day. Unfortunately she has discovered Barbies so dad may not play as much as when she was into Pixar Cars. Although she is getting a set of Nerf guns from me, ahhh her first projectile toy.:D

Merry Xmas GG, You have a beautiful wife and daughter and richly deserve a great christmas as well as the rest of the TGO family :P

We will watch the grandkids open their presents and then do whatever the heck I want. The boss is fixing a turkey dinner, toned down from Thanksgiving.

Probably take the oldest grandson out into the woods and have a shoot before dinner.

Sweet dreams and what is it that you do in the day time that saps you so?

I dunno that it is related to what I do during the day. More so I see no point in staying up and doing basically nothing. I am not one for watching mindless tv shows, do not have the attention span for movies anymore. I would rather get up way before dawn and start the new day. :biglol:

The root is probably depression or dehydration

Guest Oaklands

For the first time in the 23 years I lived here, I have some family coming to visit me for a change. My sister, bro-in-law and their kids are coming.

We will be having other in-laws and my dad there as well.

The wife and I always cook a late breakfast. This year we are going to serve a nice breakfast casserole, a couple of pounds of bacon, gravy, country ham and my favorite red-eye gravy. Of course we will have some biscuits to throw around as well. Might even have some mimosas for the women and some good Bourbon for the guys.

I made fudge. Like the kind out of the Hersey's cook book from the 70's. My dad use to make it when he was alive. Coco, sugar, whole milk. Stir until it starts to boil, then stop, put a thermometer in it, let it get to the "soft ball" stage, 234 degrees, take it off, put half a stick of butter, vanilla, let cool to 110 degrees, beat/stir until the shine is gone and get it into the pan quick like before it sets up. Kinda of chalky type fudge...man it so good it will make you slap yo grandma!

Guest Gun Geek
You could have her start storing it in a safe to train her on safety and the respect of weapons.

I have been teaching her gun safety since she was removed from the womb. She can tell you where the muzzle, bolt, stock, trigger etc etc is. She has a few cap guns and she knows the rules, they go in her "Gun box" and we never point them at people or our animals. We had a friend come over and decided he wanted to play guns with her toys, when he pointed it at her she absolutely freaked, and literally yelled at him. She is all of 3 and it was hilarious to see, the look on his face was priceless.

Merry Xmas GG, You have a beautiful wife and daughter and richly deserve a great christmas as well as the rest of the TGO family ;)

Thank you very much Bluemax, A very Merry Christmas to you as well. Hope to meet up again one day.