walther pps 9mm or something else....

Guest undrlord

Guest undrlord

I have been lurking on the forum reading up on comments about the walther pps, but it seems like most have it in .40 but I am looking for a 9. I decided to get this gun about two months ago for my primary carry, currently carry an xd 40 but it is just a little to heavy. I will not be getting rid of the .40 size but will be trading the xd for a sig p229.

I seem to be having second thoughts now about the walther because of the price. I am thinking that I might get something like a kel tech and save the cash and get a sig mosquito also for fun, but I am not sold on the kel tech or a DAO trigger.

Do you think I might be looking at this all wrong? Is the walther worth the purchase? Is there something else besides the kel tech I should look at?

Thanks for any input. I will be buying this next week.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I carry a walther pps 9mm as my carry gun when I can't get away with something bigger. I really like it. It disappears under my coat and still shoots like a full sized gun. Very accurate, eats any ammo that I've fed it... I've carried for 12 years now and with the exception of mouse guns, I haven't found anything that is as comfortable and concealable as the PPS.

I do not have one, but I have ran many rounds through a PPS in 9mm and was very impressed. It was accurate and very concealable. I would buy one if I was in the market for a compact pistol. I had a Kel Tec 9mm for a little bit and hated it, the trigger sucked.

You might look at a Kahr 9mm. They are a little less than the PPS if you are buying new.

As far as a .22 to practice/ plink with, everyone should have one of those....

Edited by Ropin4gold
sp
A little to heavy? THE XD? I have an xd service model 4 inch and if it wasnt in my hand I wouldnt know I was firing it that is how light it is. I have to check to make sure it is still in the holster alot of times. It only weighs 25 ounces loaded. Walther sucks in my opinion everyone that I know has had problems with them.

He's right. Anyways Walther for the most part are by S&W so just cut out the middle man and step up a grade and get a S&W M&P.

Guest rystine
A little to heavy? THE XD? I have an xd service model 4 inch and if it wasnt in my hand I wouldnt know I was firing it that is how light it is. I have to check to make sure it is still in the holster alot of times. It only weighs 25 ounces loaded. Walther sucks in my opinion everyone that I know has had problems with them.

An XD service that's 25 oz loaded? I'd have to see it to believe it. I had a XD40 service that was 30 oz unloaded. Even the Springfield website says 29 oz unloaded.

As to the OP, the PPS is a decent pistol from what I've heard. I know they had problems with the early generations, so I would avoid a used one if possible. Like ropin said, the Kahr is a good alternative if you're set on a single stack 9mm. If you look at some compact or subcompact double stack pistols though, there's alot more options (Glock 26, XD9sc, S&W M&P9c, Beretta PX4 sc, etc).

He's right. Anyways Walther for the most part are by S&W so just cut out the middle man and step up a grade and get a S&W M&P.

Walther is only imported by S&W, the Walthers that are made by SW are the PPK PPK/S and the SP22 the rest are imported from Germany. And the SW99's are notcamparison to the P99's, which are great guns.

Guest undrlord

I appreciate everyones input and suggestions. I have done a lot of reading and watching of videos since last night and I think I have made up my mind, for today:D.

I think I am going to go with kahr cw9, it is cheaper than the walther and about the same size if not a little smaller. I will take the remainder o the money and get a sign mosquito for plinking.

I have kit decided if I am going to trade my xd or sell it out right. As a side note anybody have an idea what I can get for a two tone xd 40 service with 4 mags, truglo night sites and a k&d IWB/OWB black leather holster? It has about 600 rounds through it.

Walther is only imported by S&W, the Walthers that are made by SW are the PPK PPK/S and the SP22 the rest are imported from Germany. And the SW99's are notcamparison to the P99's, which are great guns.

My Bad, I thought he was asking about the PPS not the P99. Smith makes the slides and barrels for PPK and PPS

Edited by DavidH1
Guest B_Carter
I appreciate everyones input and suggestions. I have done a lot of reading and watching of videos since last night and I think I have made up my mind, for today:D.

I think I am going to go with kahr cw9, it is cheaper than the walther and about the same size if not a little smaller. I will take the remainder o the money and get a sign mosquito for plinking.

I have kit decided if I am going to trade my xd or sell it out right. As a side note anybody have an idea what I can get for a two tone xd 40 service with 4 mags, truglo night sites and a k&d IWB/OWB black leather holster? It has about 600 rounds through it.

Man...the XD's are great guns. I got the 9mm subcompact and love it. I hope you dont regret getting rid of it, you might want to hang onto it for a while.

Guest undrlord

LOL...I am sorry that everyone hates that I am getting rid of the xd. Everyone is right that the xd is a great gun but now it is not what I am wanting. It was better than the atherosclerosis that I traded for it but I have always wanted a sign and am finally in the position to get one. I would always recommend the xd for anyone to carry and own.

I guess after carrying one for a while I feel that I am changing to adapt to what I feel is a comfortable ccw. I do like he xd SC but I want something a little thinner. Again this is just my opinion.