One night job opportunity in Nashville

Smith

Hey guys, my brother owns a exclusive high end restaurant in downtown Nashville and needs about 10 guys to valet park. It would be New Year's Eve night from 7-2 (maybe 12am)am. These folks pay 2k a year just to be members so they can and do tip well. Wage hr+tips :lol: Might even meet some famous folks.;) I'm needing cash so I'll be working too.

This is a good opportunity for some quick cash. PM me for specifics. Here is a link to the retaurant The Standard at the Smith House. BTW most of the girls in the pics are my sister in laws so be nice!:confused::eek:

To answer questions:

- No experience just able to drive a car across the street and a valid DL.

- Must be able to handle a stick.

- I will be and am always armed, just out of sight ;)

- Insurance is covered by the restaurant.

- Straight cash no 1099's.

Edited by Smith
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any experiance needed?

Can we be armed? I can't see myself being anywhere on Rosa Parks without at least one pistol...perhaps a SBR hidden somewhere :-)

insurance on the cars covered by the employer?

1099 or cash at the end of the night?

No I'm not busting your chops...I need some money

Any experiance needed?

Can we be armed? I can't see myself being anywhere on Rosa Parks without at least one pistol...perhaps a SBR hidden somewhere :-)

insurance on the cars covered by the employer?

1099 or cash at the end of the night?

No I'm not busting your chops...I need some money

No experience just able to drive a car across the street and a valid DL.

Must be able to handle a stick.

I will be and am always armed, just out of sight ;)

Insurance is covered by his restaurant.

Straight cash.

Edited by Smith
hmm.. 10 armed valets? this might be the safest New Years venue in town!

My wife wants me to take here somewhere nice. Can anyone attend the New Years event there or is it members-only?

They may already be booked, but you can check through the website link I posted above for reservation details.

Guest logicprevails
hmm.. 10 armed valets? this might be the safest New Years venue in town!

No doubt. Could you imagine the look on the potential miscreant's face?

They may already be booked, but you can check through the website link I posted above for reservation details.

Thanks.. I called - they say they leased the place to Jack FM for the night for their Totally '80s New Year's Eve Bash which is sold out. ;)

Thanks.. I called - they say they leased the place to Jack FM for the night for their Totally '80s New Year's Eve Bash which is sold out. ;)

I figured they might be out. They usually are booked several months in advance, especially on holidays.

For you history buffs:

The Smith House is Nashville's only remaining grand townhouse from the 1840's era still standing. It has a rich history and continues to be an integral part of life in downtown Nashville.

According to the original plan for Nashville, lot 163 was granted to John Overton sometime in the 18th century. George Dedrick took ownership in 1803 and later it belonged to Jacob McGavock. During the 1840's Mary Claiborne built what is today known as The Smith House. She ran a respectable boarding house that counted many of Nashville's most prominent citizens as its residents. At that time the address was 139 Spruce St.

In 1881 Julian Sax bought the house as a residence and in 1883 he leased the home to the Concordia Society Club, which renamed itself The Standard Club upon moving into the house.

The Standard Club flourished and in 1895 they built the large ballroom at the rear of the building. Underneath the ballroom they installed what is believed to be Nashville's first bowling alley. The bowling alleys ornate tin ceiling is still in place today. The Standard Club hosted Nashville's high society with events in the ballroom including musical and dramatic revues, fabulous dances and lavish weddings. Later The Standard Club moved to a new location on Granny White Pike and renamed itself The Woodmont Country Club. Dr. Giles Savage purchased the home in 1898 and his family owned "The Savage House" as it was known until 1980. Dr. Savage, a Vanderbilt professor of ophthalmology, housed his private practice in the front rooms and used the large room under the ballroom as an infirmary for recovering patients. His daughter, Dr. Kate Savage Zerfoss practiced here until 1975 and occasionally lived in the home until her death in 1988. During the 1930's and 40's some of the rooms in The Savage House were used as music studios

ohn W. Hunt and David Nelson purchased the property in 1980. They opened a multi-function operation including The Savage House Bed and Breakfast upstairs, The Towne House Tea Room on the main floor and The Gas Light Lounge in the rear ballroom. The Gas Light Lounge was a colorful part of Nashville's cultural scene for 20 years, hosting live music, theatre productions, art shows and karaoke. During this time the building was used as a set for many music videos including Allison Krauss and Brad Paisley's "Whiskey Lullaby" which featured actor Rick Schroder crashing through an upper floor window and won Country Music Video of the Year honors in 2004.

Coincidently, a few days after the funeral of Elizabeth "Libby" Fryer, daughter of Kate Savage and Thomas Zerfoss, the townhouse was bought by the Smith family on October 3, 2005. The Smith family has invested hundreds of thousands of dollars in a labor of love restoring this beautiful building in all its Victorian-era glory.

Today the Italianate style mansion boasts many beautiful and unique architectural and design features. In the front are the original doors of the Savage House. On the side, leading to the ballroom is a New Orleans-style boardwalk. In the front foyer a unique cantilevered walnut staircase leads up to the third floor.

Andrew Jackson and his wife stood in front of the fireplace mantle in the ballroom and took their wedding vows when the mantle stood in another nearby home. Several of the mirrors and lamps are from the old Maxwell House Hotel. The basement, once a kitchen and servants quarters features a herringbone design brick floor. There is a quaint brick courtyard in the middle of the building just outside the ballroom. And throughout the building remain the old gas light fixtures. Come in and enjoy The Smith House as we add our own chapters to its rich history.

• Admin Team

Was Libby Fryer the lady that operated the place when it was the Townhouse Tea Room? I used to love to got there for lunch when I worked downtown. That lady was not to be crossed - but the food was good.

I'll have to bring the wife there when we get a night out.

Was Libby Fryer the lady that operated the place when it was the Townhouse Tea Room? I used to love to got there for lunch when I worked downtown. That lady was not to be crossed - but the food was good.

I'll have to bring the wife there when we get a night out.

I believe so. It is quite a bit different now.

BTW - there are a few more spots if anyone is interested. There will be a meeting tomorrow at 6pm, so if you are interested PM me and I will give you the details.

Just a bump. Had the meeting tonight and there are 900 reservations! There are still some spots if anyone needs some extra immediate cash. It is $10 hr + tips. Hrs are 8pm till roughly 2am.

PM me before 5 pm tomorrow if you are interested and I'll try to get you in.

BTW - these folks are not you normal everyday Joes as far as tips go. These are top tier clientele.:tough: