Mounting a holster to the nightstand

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, Im gonna go to the store today and look for a holster. I didnt even thing about using a old belt. Great idea.

Just buy you a cheap Uncle Mikes nylon holster, it doesn't have to be fancy or expensive to mount to the nightstand.

Guest jackdm3

Hope this goes through. Should be 3 pics on how to bolt and easily unbolt a window. The hole should be just large enough to quickly withdraw the screw.

window-3.jpg

window-1.jpg

window-2.jpg

Guest jackdm3
I'm a big fan of layered security. Bolts on the windows as described above, security system, guard dog(s) aaaaaand the gun in / on the nightstand.

True that. My contribution here is only part and parcel to total security.

Wow. My windows are aluminum framed not wood though. May have to think this out. Made it to the gun store today....buuut its Monday and they were closed. Damnit, thats what happens when your off for 7 days, forgot what day it is.

Guest jackdm3

The same applies to aluminum. You can use self-tapping screws to lock down the ones you won't use and use door hinge nails cut to length for the easyremoval windows. Whatever you do, just prevent the movable sash from moving. You'll sleep better.

I do something similar to what you are wanting to do. I use the Kydex holster that came with my XD and have it mounted in a hidden yet strategic location in our bedroom. I bought a leather holster for carrying, and never used the Kydex, so I figured it was a good use for it.

Also, even though it's just me and the wife left in the house, we usually close and lock the bedroom door. I figure if the BG breaks in and I don't hear them, trying to get throught the locked bedroom door should wake me up.

Guest 7mmMag
Or a doberman, german shepherd, or other good guard dog. :drool:

lol i have a mini weenie dog that makes more noise than you can imagine LOL the dog will hear things before any alarm can go off

lol i have a mini weenie dog that makes more noise than you can imagine LOL the dog will hear things before any alarm can go off

Thats how our Yorkie is. Sometimes its annoying.

BTW, tried to load the pics up yesterday. But it was durring the database error time.

• 2 weeks later...

Inspired by crimsonaudio, this is what I have done....

th_DCFC0017.jpg

Front view of my desk.

th_DCFC0019.jpg

Underside of my desk with Glock Survival Knife ($30). I didn't want to ruin or modify the sheath, even though it sucks, so I screwed a piece of leather belt to the underside and then used a screw in hook to hold up the pointy end with the leg tie down hole.

th_DCFC0021.jpg

Glock 22 (.40) on the back of bookcase. I bought some cheap fobus holsters off ebay and cut the paddle that goes inside your pants off with a hacksaw to make a slimmer profile. I then screwed the holsters to a piece of 5/8 decking board and screwed the deck board to the bookcase shelves from the backside. I may add a flashlight to this later even though I have one beside my bed.

Guest Tn.Mitch
if i woke up to that running around my bedroom, my floor would look like swiss cheese after i emptied my sp-01 on it.

i've seen that dog before, but i just can't get over how horribly ugly it is.

uglydog.png

Call me crazy,but remember the movie,The Big Lowboski ?? starring Jeff Bridges...Remember when he was in the bath tub,and thiose crazy dudes broke in and threw that live,Ferrett, marment,(rat thing) in the water with him,and he was freaking out???just think if it had been that dog instead....no more (Johnson) ...LOL :koolaid:

Edited by Tn.Mitch