New here, should I stick around or not?

Guest peacexxl

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bretticus

Just like everywhere else. I am not a racist, but I live among them. You aren't going to find a utopia. It's all about the data. You will find that your ideas will be challenged. To me, it's all about the sport, and the fact that the perpetrator that wants to bring deadly violence ceases to be a productive human being, and for that moment, becomes a silhouette. The color of these criminals is irrelevant.

Being bogged down in racism does nothing but clouds the judgment and distracts during that moment that we train for, when we need clarity of thought. This is the moment of truth, and that's really why most of us are here. We want our guns to be legal and encouraged with no hassle from the law, to carry without being shunned or labeled as a sociopath, and especially for the gun to work without having to think about it or unnecessarily exert oursleves. Because at the end of the fight, when the victor is standing, we want the victor to be righteous. Hopefully you can find this kind of intel here on this board.

Welcome. As one who grew up in Memphis, is white, and has a black sister all I can say if that offends you - you might need thicker skin. Memphis is a unique place as you well know and I have heard it called worse things.

BTW - a lot of folks here get referred to as hillbilly rednecks, right wing extremist, gun nuts, terrorist and that's just by the government! ;)

Agreed...and I think that in those rare times when a term like that was used, the poster(s) were speaking more about the gang and crime situation rather than anything having specifically to do with race. I just ignore it and filter it out, but I do not think that we have a large racist following here.

So, welcome, I hope you stick around, but you've got to take some things said on here (and any forum for that matter) with a grain of salt.

welcome.gif

Guest jackdm3
Agreed...and I think that in those rare times when a term like that was used, the poster(s) were speaking more about the gang and crime situation rather than anything having specifically to do with race. I just ignore it and filter it out, but I do not think that we have a large racist following here.

So, welcome, I hope you stick around, but you've got to take some things said on here (and any forum for that matter) with a grain of salt.

welcome.gif

Granted, but if this were a forum that bashed Cherokees more than a little and I had more Cherokee blood than I do, I'd make one post and leave, too. A little bit hurts, nonetheless. Be very hard to "filter out."

Guest TurboniumOxide

People shouldn't allow themselves to be so easily manipulated or offended. It's kind of weak. Remember that you chose what you allow to bother you. If you lose your head, you've lost it all.

People shouldn't allow themselves to be so easily manipulated or offended. It's kind of weak. Remember that you chose what you allow to bother you. If you lose your head, you've lost it all.

Well said!

welcome from across the state. good thing about the internet is everyone who post is "blind". When i post, others don't know my color, my gender, height, weight, etc unless I choose to tell them. I can't remember any real off color stuff on here so absorb all the good information and let the other junk roll. Post often and stay late.

Guest TnDeerHunter

Welcome and enjoy

Bunch of great people on here with a lot of good info, also some good B.S. times thrown in as a plus.

Now that being said who hollered hillbilly??

Guest peacexxl

Thanks, guys. I think I'll stick around for a while. Just so you know, I am by no means thin skinned, but figured it would be smart to know the prevailing attitude of the forum before I committed to being a regular.

I appreciate what you did, David but I am not looking to censor any either. Let an ass be an ass. I am now convinced that there is more to this forum than what I initially saw.

Thanks, guys. I think I'll stick around for a while. Just so you know, I am by no means thin skinned, but figured it would be smart to know the prevailing attitude of the forum before I committed to being a regular.

I appreciate what you did, David but I am not looking to censor any either. Let an ass be an ass. I am now convinced that there is more to this forum than what I initially saw.

Glad you came back. Fresh perspective is a good thing for all of us!

Welcome to TGO. Glad to have you here. There is definitely more to this forum than meets the eye at first glance. A lot of good information and really good people, but I have also witnessed more compassion and generosity from TGO than from most organizations formed for "charitable" reasons (churches, civic groups, etc.)